Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arbroath vs Ef 7/11/15

We build up for tomorrow's game, earlier at bayview we lost to a bobby linn free kick since then they have picked up form until last week there for us we have suffered four draws, one cup lost and one win (fife cup) and in need of all three points this time out. Jamie Insall will go straight in the squad for the vist in angus region having signed on loan for 30 days from Hibs first team, I would pick this....

McGovern - like to see him start a game in the league ahead of Goodfellow who looked a bit dogey at stirling but kept us in the game.

back four - Mullen (Move back to Right back), Kerr, Pagey and Mercer (Favoured left back)
Midfield - Leyden, Wilkie, Rosco/Murray/O'Kane (Who-evers fit) and MacDonald
Forwards - Insall and Fash

Subs - Goodfellow, Naysmith, Slattery, O'Kane, Murray/Rosco/MacGregor.

It would give campbell an extra rest from midweek, don't him out for much longer, Kev and Walker is injured i believe, Slattery has a injection and Murray is not too far away from full fitness. I hope Ross's injury at 4th bank wasn't too serious and he can play if not O'Kane and Wilkie for CM, O'kane can drop off defensively while Wilkie can attack or swap. I like to see Leyden and MacDonald play from the start and out on the wings with their experience, While Mullen who replace Naysmith for me at right back so therefore Mercer can enjoy his favourite position and change of goalie, give the lad from United a game as i think Goodfellow's performance's have dropped. Formation - 4-4-2.

Come on East Fife!

Re: Arbroath vs Ef 7/11/15

Ramsay and Ryan could both miss Arbroath's clash with East Fife

Arbroath are sweating on the fitness of Darren Ramsay and Andy Ryan for Saturday's visit of East Fife.

The pair are both carrying knocks and could miss the clash with The Fifers - who currently sit third in League Two.

Jamie Reid and Kane Hester are definitely out with ankle injuries as manager Todd Lumsden looks to move on quickly from last weekend's 2-0 defeat from Elgin.

"We could argue that both the Elgin goals were offside however we have to hold our hands up and admit that we should have closed the situations down before that," he said.

"We also did not play as well as we could. The last time we beat East Fife it kick-started a good run and hopefully it will do so again."

The visitors welcome back on-loan Partick Thistle midfielder Jordan Leyden, who was ineligible to play in the 1-0 Scottish Cup replay defeat to Stirling in midweek as he was not signed in time for the first meeting.

Both Stevie Campbell and Pat Slattery have been passed fit enough to start but Kevin Smith is doubtful while Ross Brown (groin) is out and Allan Walker remains unavailable as player/manager Gary Naysmith targets goals at Gayfield Park.

"In our last three games we have failed to score but we have deserved a few goals. We are creating chances but not taking them and it is frustrating. Hopefully we can put that right against Arbroath," he said.

Read more at http://www.football.co.uk/arbroath/arbroath-v-east-fife-at-gayfield-park-match-preview/7045998/#58AslitdbxpbAO9r.99

Re: Arbroath vs Ef 7/11/15

Goodfellow
Mercer Kerr Page Naysmith
Mullen O'Kane
Leyden Wilkie MacDonald
Austin

Naysmith might not be up for three games in eight days so Campbell or MacGregor might start.