Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Elgin match likely to get postponed?

See that there is really heavy snow expected in Elgin during the night. Doubt game will go ahead?

Re: Elgin match likely to get postponed?

weather forecast
See that there is really heavy snow expected in Elgin during the night. Doubt game will go ahead?

Snow on higher ground is what I'm reading. According to the BBC Weather site, no snow forecast for Elgin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2650122

Elgin's Weather forecast for Saturday Nov. 21 2015.
SATURDAY

mostly cloudy
37° 20%
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Wind
WNW 15 mph
Humidity
71%
UV Index
0 out of 10
Sunrise
8:11 am
Sunset
3:49 pm
Moonrise
2:12 pm
Moonset
1:25 am
SAT NIGHT

scattered showers
32°
Showers
50%

Will be fine. Mon the fife

Big Rab ( USA )
Elgin's Weather forecast for Saturday Nov. 21 2015.
SATURDAY

mostly cloudy
37° 20%
Partly cloudy skies in the morning will give way to cloudy skies during the afternoon. Temps nearly steady in the mid 30s. Winds WNW at 10 to 20 mph.

Wind
WNW 15 mph
Humidity
71%
UV Index
0 out of 10
Sunrise
8:11 am
Sunset
3:49 pm
Moonrise
2:12 pm
Moonset
1:25 am
SAT NIGHT

scattered showers
32°
Showers
50%

Mid 30's? Wow it's a unseasonal heatwave in Elgin then!

Rab, you've been in the USA too long we stopped using fahrenheit over here about 30 years ago. I think you mean 2-3 degrees celsius.

Here in the good old USA we have never taken to Celsius, having said that the

information I posted came off the BBC World Weather Site.

My wife and I were in the Montreal area recently and Celsius and Liters was a foreign

language to us, but we managed

When in the Leven area I manage somehow to get around these obstacles.

Weathers great up here, should be fine!

Hope it gets abandoned.

Elgin 2 East Fife 1 after 38 mins.

We were down 2-0 after 4 mins, Wilkie scored at 10 min. mark for us.

lost 4-2. Two early goals, the first coming only 30 or so seconds after kick off we some how managed to get back to 2-2 going into half time and lost another two at the end. We now find ourselfs out the play-offs due to queens park home win and clyde beating berwick very disappointed safe journeys to all that travelled up there today, i hope you get home safely tonight.

Disappointing result today but still only 3 points off 2nd & 6 points off top spot, so not all bad. Need to start winning our home games again!!