Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: FAO GARY NAYSMITH

Please leave Gary.

Bayviewboy
Like everyone else, I can't believe that we didn't take anything from the game yesterday.
My thoughts on the tactics etc - I think Gary started at left mid with Kieran McDonald at left back as he was scared of being done for pace down that side.
Some folk saying he won't change his tactics - yesterday in the second half we went 3-5-2 and had them pinned back in their own half for long periods. To be fair, Annan defended deep but were well organised. A combination of poor finishing and desperate defending left us goalless and pointless but it wasn't for the want of trying especially second half.
We were pretty much reduced to the bare bones yesterday with Kerr & Slattery in the stand, Walker missing and Campbell on the bench but not match fit. This is the downside of having such a small squad and options are very limited especially in forward areas and Gary must take some responsibility for this. We must stop giving opponents TOO MUCH respect unlit is rather than setting up to contain opponents and hit on the break..
One thing that annoys me week after week is the lack of direction, motivation and advice given from the dugout. Watching Chapman and his coach yesterday compared to our bench was like chalk and cheese. Shouting abuse at players when they make a mistake is hardly going to make them better. Players need to be told what they should have done and why it will help.
The goals have dried up for Fashat the moment but he still showed a few times yesterday that he can leave players for dead but others need to get into scoring positions and give hi options in front of goal.
I know we were playing 10 men in the second half but we area different team when we pass and move rather than lumping it back to front. Let's get the ball down and play the way we are capable of against Stirling and get us into the ne t round and set us up for a revenge mission at Smokieland next Sat.

A couple of points.
There was nothing positive coming from Chapman towards his players from the bench. He is a bully and not respected by those who used to play for the club.
Gary, like every other manager in the league has a limited budget. He has recruited quality rather than quantity to attempt to get us promoted out of this league.
Yesterday was probably our best performance since the 5-0 game against Berwick but we were unable to capitalise on the good possession. Frustrating, but hopefully this will give the lads some self belief.

Ross brown can be a creative player if we play Leyden, Wilkie, Brown and Macdonald. I've watched his killer pass at berwick that put fash through on one on one with the goalie and missed, at some point we will turn that corner and go on a run we just need to convert those chances into goals its easy to say this hopefully tuesday night as Captain says can give us confidence ahead of league business up at Gayfield.
Then we have Mullen who can shoot anywhere outside the box aswell, We need to start getting back to form starting tuesday for the traveling fans this week.

The Annan manger is not a bully like he said he was just happy cos is team won nothing wrong with that and he said it was a hard win can't lose are next to 2 games Stirling and Arbroath away hard games no easy games in football

Like Gary Naysmith said Ross Brown has missed a few easy chances this year. He hasnt progressed much over the last few years. I think we should look at moving him on.

Stevie M
Like Gary Naysmith said Ross Brown has missed a few easy chances this year. He hasnt progressed much over the last few years. I think we should look at moving him on.

I like Rossco when he is in the team, his form of last season may not be following him this season at times but last season he was our effectively our best player until January came where we added the quality we needed to guide us to the play off. Ross brown could of played anywhere in the team last season and he puts in the shift hence it was a different story to lewis no offence, and if your not going push yourself to get in the team might as well put the wages on another midfielder like wilkie, pat and muzzy. Why the boy is the very best talent produced from the McNeil academy and still with us than the other five or six who were let go including Rooney, Martin and Lennie.
That night where the club turn the corner last season at cliftonhill rossco played on the right wing and was superb that night, bale sprang to mind that night with his pace and be able to beat his man as well as the work Dickson and kev put in getting that 3-2 victory.

Berwick
Rangers sack there manger no manger is safe lose a lot of games and u are out the door Barry Ferguson will be next

Im afriad its time to go now, count our lost and give the new manager what he needs for the window upcoming, we've had two seasons and a full season of them in-charge via play-offs going nowhere bar and capable of being in the play-offs we need another head to bring back fans and new input into the team and please take your coaching team with you...change needed! fresh ideas and coaching needed anyone bar another player/manager though in charge or non-manager. Wots Jimmy Calderwood or Jeffries doing these days?

would swap him for danny lennon as well.

Go now!