Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Rover's Return

In the past it was unusual not to see a post from a distinguished middle aged man who used the pen name Tam. He always used to attend matches with his grandsons but not so often recently. Out of the blue who did I bump into in reception after the Montrose game but Tam. He had the winning ticket in the half time raffle and couldn't make up his mind which charity to donate his prize to.
Told me he had terrible problems with his grandsons. I thought he was going to say they all wanted to go and fight in Syria but turns out they have all become Hearts supporters. Could things get any worse for him ?

Re: The Rover's Return

Very funny and all that. But the club is going down the toilet and that's all you can come up with? What is your purpose with regards to East Fife FC, pray tell?

What does the title The Other Chairman mean?

Very not funny and all that, but what have YOU come up with to help the club? What is YOUR purpose with respect to East Fife FC, pray tell?

What does the title 'Hilarious' mean?

Not The Other Chairman
In the past it was unusual not to see a post from a distinguished middle aged man who used the pen name Tam. He always used to attend matches with his grandsons but not so often recently. Out of the blue who did I bump into in reception after the Montrose game but Tam. He had the winning ticket in the half time raffle and couldn't make up his mind which charity to donate his prize to.
Told me he had terrible problems with his grandsons. I thought he was going to say they all wanted to go and fight in Syria but turns out they have all become Hearts supporters. Could things get any worse for him ?

Some people will go to any lengths to try and get a share of the winnings. I was standing next to the lucky winner and the look of utter jealousy and contempt shown by The Other Chairman to the raffle winner was astonishing!
However, that certainly changed when he overheard the lovely lady at the reception comment that the prize was indeed for 2 people. Well, you have never seen someone back track so much, commenting on how well the prize winner was looking and offering him free match day programmes for life amongst other complimentary bribes.

It only took the intervention of the club photographer to ease this uncomfortable and embarrassing situation.

Tam,
Although it's unlikely you will read this I would like to apologise unreservedly for any embarrassment I caused you last Saturday.
I spoke to the club photographer later and he explained he had received a mysterious call to be at reception around 4.50 where he was almost certain to get a "scoop" photo which would be bought by the Cheese,Wine and Fondue Gazette.
You will have a long list of friends who could accompany you to hospitality but just a reminder that I am available every Saturday.

Tam,

Never mind all this other nonsense, especially from The Other Chairman. Make a real day of it in the company of An East Fife Leg End. I could take you down football memory lane, when the Fife had a team to be proud of, when TVs were stolen in order to reward the team for staying in the 1st Division, when we went on pre-season tours and virginity was lost, when pre-season training included a run up Largo Law, and when players sneaked out the Caley Hotel to attend a New Year's Eve party the night before a local derby against the Rovers at Starks Park.

Mate, it's a no brainer.

An East Fie Leg End
Tam,

Never mind all this other nonsense, especially from The Other Chairman. Make a real day of it in the company of An East Fife Leg End. I could take you down football memory lane, when the Fife had a team to be proud of, when TVs were stolen in order to reward the team for staying in the 1st Division, when we went on pre-season tours and virginity was lost, when pre-season training included a run up Largo Law, and when players sneaked out the Caley Hotel to attend a New Year's Eve party the night before a local derby against the Rovers at Starks Park.

Mate, it's a no brainer.

Those were the days all right. Was the game you're referring to the one we lost 2-1 on a frozen pitch? Nae wonder we got beat!

I think it probably was. I tend to forget all the games that we lost! But, just to put the record straight, Dave Gorman,, who was married at the time, wanted to bring the bells in with his missus. My good friend, Pat Wallace, was heed bummer at the Caley. Mr and Mrs Frod had taken a back seat by then. Pat let us out a side door and said if we were not back by 12.30 it would be locked. We went to Dave's house wished every one a Happy New Year, and we're back in bed (not together) by 12.30. Must have been a bad day at the office on the frozen pitch, and my apologies for that.

We did receive some very good news before the game. Raith,s Benny McGuire, a very good outside right, had been detained overnight in H.M Custody. I was over the moon because he was a tricky were B who gave me no end of problems. Obviously it didn't' make any difference to the result. Sorry about that.

I'm enjoying this reminiscing. Reminds me of great times and my favourite line-up.
GORMAN, CLARKE, MCQUADE!, CAIRNS, MARTIS, BORTHWICK, MILLER, QUINN, HUGHES, HONEYMAN, MCPHEE
Merry Christmas!

An East Fie Leg End
I think it probably was. I tend to forget all the games that we lost! But, just to put the record straight, Dave Gorman,, who was married at the time, wanted to bring the bells in with his missus. My good friend, Pat Wallace, was heed bummer at the Caley. Mr and Mrs Frod had taken a back seat by then. Pat let us out a side door and said if we were not back by 12.30 it would be locked. We went to Dave's house wished every one a Happy New Year, and we're back in bed (not together) by 12.30. Must have been a bad day at the office on the frozen pitch, and my apologies for that.

We did receive some very good news before the game. Raith,s Benny McGuire, a very good outside right, had been detained overnight in H.M Custody. I was over the moon because he was a tricky were B who gave me no end of problems. Obviously it didn't' make any difference to the result. Sorry about that.

It wouldn't have been the only occasion that the said Mr McGuire would have spent the night before a game in the jile.
Some player on his day though.