Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Allan Walker. First to leave?

Allan Walker played as a trialist tonight for Berwick Rangers against Newcastle u20|s. Guess that's the end of him

Re: Allan Walker. First to leave?

Confirmed away on official Web Site. Iain Campbell as replacement, let's see ;)

Wondered if he'd be away as he wasn't in the squad on Sat at Stirling. I reckon Keiran MacDonald will be next as he only signed a contract till Jan and he doesn't feature much in Gary's plans. Jamie Insall is only on loan till 17th Jan so hope Gary has a few players lined up to bolster the squad. If Fash does get snapped up by a full time outfit we need to try to secure him back on loan till the end of the season.

He was IMO the worst player I have seen in an East Fife shirt for the last 1.5 years. I could back it up with loads of comments but will leave it there.

This is great news for EF and will allow Gary to get someone much better in

Cant wait for the next home game against Berwick, I doubt he will start for them though....

Goodbye and out

last season allan started every game nearly this season he hasnt been effective like bb has said i feel mcdonald maybe mcgregor will be next to go along with fash. i havent seen much of kieran but i think this is his level than joining a league one club which should be stranrear most likely to be and will gary be bringing in quality like last january with dickson etc and the club could do with another goalkeeper and midfield possible a nature right back and gemmill type striker along with tieing doon future striker jordan austin with page, mercer, pat, smith, wilkie, broon & goodfellow next. love to see us strengthen in quality hope gary can. with walker away could shagger join nearer his comeback from injury or riordan?? need more experience in this side around smith & campbell

http://www.berwickrangers.com/the-new-signing-allan-walker/

Thats not the same player.... surely....

Agree we need experience and shagger would be a good player to coach all the young ones in the team. We need to kick on now and if Nathan goes we need at least 2 more strikers and McManus would defo be one I would like back. He had a bad injury last time he was here but played through it because we were in a relegation battle . I really hope Gary can get good players in and we go in a wee run .

Bruce
http://www.berwickrangers.com/the-new-signing-allan-walker/

Thats not the same player.... surely....[/quoteI've always believed that when players leave the club we should think of what they did when they played rather than the bad times.Allan Walker last 15 minutes against Montrose showed he needed a move but last season he scored more goals from midfield than the whole of the midfield put together this year.

Bob

I am with you in saying that we should remember the best things about all our former players.

I just struggle with this one

If he were not on a 2 year deal then he would have been long gone

Oh I forgot as well that his little spell ay His Majesties Pleasure - really helped the club, he was not around for weeks on end.

This IMO was the worst signing that Gary has made and there have been a few howlers......