Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Latest Score

Nothing short of disgraceful. We did not look like scoring at any time. Elgin adapted to the conditions far better then we did. They also had wingers, something our manager does not' seem to recognise as a requirement. Can only put last week down to a fluke result. We are heading nowhere fast or is it the Lowland league fast ?????

It's scary to think that without Austin we would seriously be in the ****. I don't understand why we don't have wingers playing on that big pitch. It's all a bit of a mess really but what do I know. Onwards and upwards so the say....

Does anybody care?

I don't understand how we cannot play with two upfront.We have a full time player from Hibs who can score goals and he does not make the East Fife first team.To much is expected from fash and when he doesn't turn up there is nobody else to score.No wonder Kyle Wilkie looks frustrated when he is trying to pass the ball.We did manage to find a place in the team for Stevie Campbell in midfield.The midfield appears to have to many defensive players than creative.Why put your forwards on when its to late and your chasing the game.In most games this season and last not enough shots on target and not enough goals.

topper
I don't understand how we cannot play with two upfront.We have a full time player from Hibs who can score goals and he does not make the East Fife first team.To much is expected from fash and when he doesn't turn up there is nobody else to score.No wonder Kyle Wilkie looks frustrated when he is trying to pass the ball.We did manage to find a place in the team for Stevie Campbell in midfield.The midfield appears to have to many defensive players than creative.Why put your forwards on when its to late and your chasing the game.In most games this season and last not enough shots on target and not enough goals.

Probably something to do with the manager being clueless and useless?

topper

i remember we had Leyden on-loan which was a waste, very pointless and disappointed experience for the kid's sake yet he couldn't make the first team neither mcdonald or murray who were both at spl clubs last season and they cannot make a place in this first team squad is beyond me yet we like defensive midfielders or defensive players like campbell and o'kane in that squad and not enough creativity or attacking players to set up goals and score but the only one that looks cert would be wilkie but he tries to much like fash with mullen with that odd 35 yarder range shot or that same set piece lay-off he does thats the best we can come up with.