Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: January transfers

We currently have a right back at at the club called Scott Mercer who is being played out of position.

I also noted Naysmith said he is looking for a left sided midfielder as Kevin Smith is injured. Yes, the same Kevin Smith who`s natural position is a striker.

Jordan Austin, brother of Nathan, has signed until may 2016.

Jamie l

wow, until may naysmith will be hoping for short-term rather than long term with the lad once he finds his feet like his brother has. I think the lad is long way of from a starting place in the team and haven't seen him do much either this is going to end in tears like bouzid's and Nade's brothers where one is off to a big team while one will be released and not herd again and that season we were relegated to the league we are in currently and not much between ourselfs and bottom club shire either.

Concord jury
Jamie l

wow, until may naysmith will be hoping for short-term rather than long term with the lad once he finds his feet like his brother has. I think the lad is long way of from a starting place in the team and haven't seen him do much either this is going to end in tears like bouzid's and Nade's brothers where one is off to a big team while one will be released and not herd again and that season we were relegated to the league we are in currently and not much between ourselfs and bottom club shire either.

Because they're brothers ones going to fail and get released? Good way to be positive about a new young signing.

Cr
Concord jury
Jamie l

Because they're brothers ones going to fail and get released? Good way to be positive about a new young signing.

true, if johnny smart can play himself more than once then why not anyone including the fash pair its the east fife reputation on the park since we walked away with the league that keeps growing "love it"

Are you serious? Have some hope ffs, he's showed some good touches when he's played, banged them in for leven just like fash. Give Him a chance! He's not going to be on the biggest wage either. Good squad player to have

The lad must be allowed to develop at his own rate rather then folk thinking we have a Fash mk2 on our books and ready to go.
It took Fash a good season and a half to really get to grips with the senior game and Jordan must be allowed the same time with no pressure.

I've played against both and are very similar players however it'll take JJ a good few seasons to get to where Fash is now. Good to see brothers at a club though.

A bit off topic but when was the last time East Fife had brothers signed up at the same time. I can remember the Waddell brothers but there again I don't support East Fife so my knowledge is at best bare bone?

We have signed Rangers keeper liàm Kelly on loan until the end of the season

Jamie l
We have signed Rangers keeper liàm Kelly on loan until the end of the season

two players on board in two days no bad piece of business. fantastic news young up and coming keeper goodfellow has work to do now.

Liam Kelly played well today without being troubled too much. Jordan Austin one for the future, so anything else in the pipeline, anybody know.k

do we need another midfielder? with two left the club, i would though be happy if gary and the club get a right back position player who can play there another scott durie type liam smith player? i feel that's are weakens position on the team not fielding McGregor and having o'Kane, Mercer and Mullen to fill the role. I quite like queens park right back gavin mitchell but he stays in the west thats unlikely, could we look at the loan market? see if liam is available from hearts?
be interested to get two of those position strengthen aswell as a striker? Caldwell since he has left ayr recently he would be great addition aswell keeping hold of Insall & Fash snr till the summer.

Sorry, I just don't get it ! Scott Mercer has been outstanding at right back but Gary has seen fit to play him at left back and left mid where he has done a job but has not been half as effective as he was at RB. We need a left midfielder/winger and another striker and maybe a left back as cover for Gary.

Bayviewboy
Sorry, I just don't get it ! Scott Mercer has been outstanding at right back but Gary has seen fit to play him at left back and left mid where he has done a job but has not been half as effective as he was at RB. We need a left midfielder/winger and another striker and maybe a left back as cover for Gary.

Agreed, Scott Mercer solid RB and for me one of the solid performers of the season.
Were needing possible LB and Wingers for me.

Glad to see Goodfellow has competition noe and thought Liam done well on saturday

Truth of the matter is that Gary Naysmith will not play wingers and any striker coming to the club will be left to sit on the bench for the majority of the time.
Mercer is easily the best option we have for right back and it`s a mystery why he isn`t being played there but doesn`t surprise me.

Add another striker, an attacking midfielder and a winger, combined with other players being played in their correct positions then we have a team more than capable of winning this league. Unfortunately, we have a Manager and an assistant who are preventing this.

any news on Insall signing till the end of season surely we wouldn't need another striker and have the problems we did at the start of the season and last when injuries happen and have limited options to be in the mix like we are now. We've got until 17th to decide it is probably likely considering what hibernian have in their striker department with the arrival of Chris Dagnall.
Ross Caldwell would be exciting prospect mention but i think hes more likely of a league one club, i do agree our left-side midfield is an area we do need within the group.

Concord jury
Ross Caldwell would be exciting prospect mention but i think hes more likely of a league one club

signs for cowdenbeath.

Do you fancy Ross Caldwell? Seen you post about him under 3 names.

Steven Craig and Kevin Thomson are available could we attract a signing like this in the Naismith contact list. Alan Gow would be ideal is he still playing football? Left winger someone worth having.

Anything less than £50k would have been bad business. Thats how much Dundee United paid for Simon Murray this time last year from Arbroath.

I see Liam Smith of Hearts is available on loan, did a great job for us last time but we need to beat Dunfermline for his signature

Efifer
I see Liam Smith of Hearts is available on loan, did a great job for us last time but we need to beat Dunfermline for his signature

Be a great coup if we can beat the pars to him, impressed a lot last season but can we add another loan option be great if we can and get Liam added along with Insall.

Jamie Insalls loan has been extended until the end of the season, Jordan Austin has signed a contract extension until summer of 2017 and we are signing Brodie Gray from kennoway star hearts, ex St Johnstone. Plays out wide.

Ewan
Jamie Insalls loan has been extended until the end of the season, Jordan Austin has signed a contract extension until summer of 2017 and we are signing Brodie Gray from kennoway star hearts, ex St Johnstone. Plays out wide.

Great news there Ewan, Insall and fash has been great in both games recently and Fash jnr will get better delighted we have tied him to a longer contract to develop and get games, experience and stronger like his brother and Brodie looks like promising kid scored six goals or so at the "Star" i hope we tie him down aswell to be one for the future in our midfield along with ross brown and kyle wilkie.

I like the look of a keeper Kyle Allison at Kelty Hearts left Dunfermline two or three seasons ago for East of scotland fitbaw with Kelty and before Bo'ness and his stats are impressive even last season at Kelty, dunno why he is under the radar we should be looking at him for next season squad kelty i have noticed do have Cargill, two courts - Conrad and Manager Thomas and Daziel in their ranks that wore the shirt down the years and have been very impressive in that league.

Well this is good, signing young local talent who will want to play for us and who are no doubt willing to learn and develop too. I hope this a long-term policy.

Speaking of local talent who would want to play for us... Craig Thomson at St Johnstone, a big East Fife fan. Seems to be getting more game time at them now but could be an option on loan possibly, was at Elgin last season.

Watch from 5mins onwards - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGT0ujl7poo