Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Templeman

I would take Sanny back at Bayview for a few reasons. 1) Jordan Austin is one for the future and Gary has already stated that he is one for the future and will be given 10 - 20 mins at the end of games. 2) his experience could greatly benefit Fash and Jamie Insall (hope we resign him till the end of the season) 3) Kevin Smith has been out for a while and will take time to get back to match fitness and when he does get fit he'll probably be played left mid. 4) Sanny would give Gary options if things are not going well and I'm sure he'd chip in with a few goals too.
Cmon Gary, you wanted to sign another striker, you won't get much better at this time. Get big Sanny the Janny signed !

Off to Montrose apparently

Sanny days

I doubt that as he was fed up with the travelling to Fofar but you never know.

Sanny days

Fingers crossed. Just another example of how short sighted, deluded and clueless most are on here.
Templeman was utter gash last time he was here. Bit like McManus.
To suggest bringing them back is an utter joke.

Len Fairclough
Sanny days

Fingers crossed. Just another example of how short sighted, deluded and clueless most are on here.
Templeman was utter gash last time he was here. Bit like McManus.
To suggest bringing them back is an utter joke.

I think Big Temps was excellent at Forfar - always a threat against us. However two reasons won't see him signing for us:

1 He's not been getting a game recently - he has always struggled to keep himself in shape

and more importantly

2 With Fash here to the end of the season and Kev on the brink of returning, Jordan needing game time from the bench, I'd say the Gaffer's priority will now be getting an experienced midfielder in.

We tend to go with one up top, sometimes 4-4-2, I think Gary would prefer to extend Jamie Insall's loan deal given the budget he has at his disposal.

Bayviewboy
I would take Sanny back at Bayview for a few reasons. 1) Jordan Austin is one for the future and Gary has already stated that he is one for the future and will be given 10 - 20 mins at the end of games. 2) his experience could greatly benefit Fash and Jamie Insall (hope we resign him till the end of the season) 3) Kevin Smith has been out for a while and will take time to get back to match fitness and when he does get fit he'll probably be played left mid. 4) Sanny would give Gary options if things are not going well and I'm sure he'd chip in with a few goals too.
Cmon Gary, you wanted to sign another striker, you won't get much better at this time. Get big Sanny the Janny signed !

I agree i liked templeman might not have scored many in that season he was here but his assist and height would be welcome and planning for next season squad, I agree on four points BB has picked out the current strikers we have one is the next big thing in the future and is at learning point, two are loaned in and will leave us at the end of season maybe? and smith's been used as a left midfielder than his natural position up top but does it well both roles and templeman would be a start for the season ahead when the loan players leave in the summer and he'll assist and help young austin and smith, use his height as a target man and hold up the play but its weather he chooses us closer to home or stay in angus with forfar's rivals is his choice to make welcome him back and was a threat any time we have played against him at forfar.

As exclusively revealed here 2 days ago!!!!