Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Latest Score

I was at the game today, thought the team played well, and got a great result in very difficult weather conditions. Pleased to see a settled team following their recent good run, and a very attack minded selection. Thankfully Gary has realised he is of more value to the team when he is playing than standing on the touchline. I thought our number 8 (sorry I don't know the lads name) got himself into some great positions but lacked conviction in front of goal. Needs to believe in himself a bit more, and strike the ball as though he's going to score every time he's in that position. I bet he does it in training.

Gary, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. Well done, and good luck at Montrose next week. I'll be back for the Arbroath game.

Well done good concentration levels. Clyde were poor today also. Our boys looked sharper fitter and about a stone lighter than their opposition. So we'll done Gary and the boys keep doing all the right stuff. Training, eating right and getting your rest when you can. Do that and we have a real opportunity this season.

Like the reports and the last two opinions. Something is working well at the moment and whatever it is has to be the way ahead.

I think there are a number of reasons for the improved form
1) there seems to be a real team spirit about the squad - no Billy Bigshots - the last one went to Berwick
2) Gary has gone more attacking with a 4-4-2 formation, playing to the strengths of the squad
3) the manager has been able to play a settled side for the last few games
4) At the moment we have a fit full squad which puts the starting 11 under pressure to perform to make sure they keep their place
5) Liam Kelly has come in and consistently communicates with the back 4 in front of him
6) Players are now being played in their true position (apart from Ross Brown) eg Mercer is the best rb and he is now being played there
7) as a result of the above, we've been winning games which in turn brings a confidence to the squad.
Long may it continue starting at Montrose next Sat. Mon the Fife !!

Bayviewboy
I think there are a number of reasons for the improved form
1) there seems to be a real team spirit about the squad - no Billy Bigshots - the last one went to Berwick
2) Gary has gone more attacking with a 4-4-2 formation, playing to the strengths of the squad
3) the manager has been able to play a settled side for the last few games
4) At the moment we have a fit full squad which puts the starting 11 under pressure to perform to make sure they keep their place
5) Liam Kelly has come in and consistently communicates with the back 4 in front of him
6) Players are now being played in their true position (apart from Ross Brown) eg Mercer is the best rb and he is now being played there
7) as a result of the above, we've been winning games which in turn brings a confidence to the squad.
Long may it continue starting at Montrose next Sat. Mon the Fife !!

8.Gary Naysmith is playing.

9. Stevie Campbell has now settled in to the midfield role, and that has freed up Kyle Wilkie to be more positive. Stevie now plays a role similar to the one Div Muir played, but with a bit more class. Looking forward to Saturdays again, Monthefife!