Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squad

On a negative thought if we are promoted we'll need to add to the 14 or so players left after the loans go back to their parent clubs to avoid us being in the same boat as Brechin city-Alloa position - the Aston Villa of Scottish football and not all will have agreed to sign a new deal like Kevin Smith the plus note the squad we have right now are a cracking bunch and togetherness about them who i think will achieve play-offs maybe automatic promotion which will be great stuff go for it then see who is free and avaliable but Gary i trust to bring the players in the next level when we get there that is and this season we have all seen the work and effort hes made after two seasons.

We gave Gary time and in a month got four wins put together a strong squad now cannot wait for saturday! #AlwaysBelieve

kenwit
any news, or even rumours would do for starters, on players or assistant manager?
Christian Nade
Michael Stewart
Craig Gordon

One of them has signed.

Halfpenny
Drinkell is a footballing agent. Surely this is a good thing for us?

I'd love to see Campbell,Smith,Stoney and McBride return for next year.

You'll away's get shot down by peeps that have their own opinions.
However I agree with you, and would add Antel, Brown, Willis, Barr and Div.....but as we know there is no chance of keeping all these players. Even if we did, we'd still need at least 8 more. Hope someone at the club has their finger on the pulse!

we have Gormley, Nade ( a target man,not a prolific goal scorer)and the youth strikers,it'll be interesting if another striker is added to the squad.
i'd have Paul back,effort and commitment is 2nd to none.

Can we not sign joe MBU for Cowdenbeath

We all moan about how bad our strikers were but ask this did they get good service from our so callled midfield. All we done all season was play the ball from bck to front every game or play the ball to a player on 500 a week and lost the balll every time.

I agree with Penpal,someone should talk to Willis......and ask him how he managed to play for a whole season and produce the sum total of fuck all!

Take it you think my opinion is wrong, I feel so insulted!

He'd be first pick on my team sheet, but again only my opinion.
Covers box to box and them some, and not scared to put his foot through the ball.

Most of our goals came from midfield and a couple from defenders.

To be fair our forwards had their fair share of injuries and didn't get much of a consistent run in the team. (On their game each of them have proven records).

But facts are facts.....end of!

Ah well that's me telt the facts.I must have imagined watching the guy producing absolutely hee haw week after week and allegedly taking home a tidy sum for his "efforts".I bow to your greater knowledge!

Trollhunter
Ah well that's me telt the facts.I must have imagined watching the guy producing absolutely hee haw week after week and allegedly taking home a tidy sum for his "efforts".I bow to your greater knowledge!

Correct! You have a vivid imagination and don't have a clue aboot fitba'.!

I heard he sign for Ablion rovers but yeah of course he wolud be good

Ismaël Bouzid

fiferbaz
Who is fash? What position does he play? Is he any good/age etc etc

Young local lad, used to come along to my works 7 a side nights so hard to say but he's quick and very skillful. Attacking player