Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Time to drop Ross Brown?

That is a bit harsh on Ross, IMHO Ross and Pat Slattery are the work horses of the team, they break up a lot of stuff in midfield and add a bit of steel. At this level, I would say if Ross could add a few goals to his tally he would be one of the best in his position in the league. There are a few players that, for me, are the unsung heroes in this team and Ross, Pat and Jason Kerr come into that category

Wouldn't drop Ross as he is a vital part of our midfield. Only criticism I would have is that he needs to show more composure in front of goal.

I agree with original post. Brown is a junior level player. He's missed loads of chances this season. He does try hard though to be fair. Just no enough ability

4 Wins, 1 Draw, a settled team at last & I'd keep Brown in, he has plenty ability, just needs that goal & more will come!!!!

Better to leave this to the manager , doing not to bad so far .

Yeah let's single out a young player for criticism when we are on a winning run and playing some great stuff.
Message to the Gaffer from me - keep up the good work.
Message to Ross - keep doing what you are doing, playing well.Ignore the boo boys

Look at all the results from games Ross Brown hasn't started, then come back and pass comment. I think you might get a surprise.

Ross isn't a right midfielder, he has been loosing the ball the last few games and you can hear his team mate setting onto him. Give him a go in his preferred position of centre mid with pat