Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The manager

I think you`ve got it a bit wrong there Bruce,I think that the reason we are doing well just now is because Gary has,to an extent,abandoned his footballing principles,in that he has moved away from the mind numbing defensive tactics that he has employed throughout his,so far disasterous tenure.
By changing to a two pronged strikeforce he is now reaping the rewards that playing attacking football will bring in this division.
Something that us mere mortals have been crying out for!
Also during this difficult time he has been very well backed by a very understanding board.
Lets hope he keeps up this positive approach.

Got to agree that Gary has turned the season around

HMMM got to laugh, he puts 2 up front..... the forum managers on here are the best, been saying this forever.... :) he gets beat with 2 up front then he gets it tight big time, sack him this is a dreadful league.....

In short, lets get behind the team and Gary and maybe, just maybe we will win the league. We have a team and the correct manager to do this and if the fans do their bit then its going to be the first division for us next year.

The other thing I am impressed with is getting key players signed up for next year. How hard must the board and Gary be trying, sit with good players and convince them to sign a contract extension when you dont know what league we will be in. Give the guys a pat on the back for that as well. When was the last time the club were able to get good players committing in Feb for the next season........

So really happy with that way things are going at the moment and I for one am right behind where we are going just now.

I stand corrected mmmm☺ and i Totally agree with the other Bruce

https://vimeo.com/82197015

2 years ago, yes we went down a league, yes we failed in the play off's last year. However think about the changes at the club in the same timeline

Well done Gary and the board.