Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Latest Score

The guy in the tracksuit was Brodie Gray - the young lad we signed from Kennoway.

Well done the Fife for defeating the dirtiest team in the league to reach the top. Stirling had three booked but should have had five and two sent off but the ref bottled it. Teams like this who play negative spoiling tactics are destroying the football in this league, and I wish them no success. I hope the league is decided between ourselves, Annan and Elgin, the only teams playing good, clean, honest and entertaining football.i feel a team is often formed by the character of the manager and coaching staff and in our case, since we got rid of our dirtiest player, Allan Walker to Berwick, the Fife has the best disciplinary record in the league, and I am certain that has been due, in no small measure to Gary and his staff, because in years gone by teams with poor records at this time of year falter due to racked up bookings etc. Again, to Gary and the boys, well done, knew you would come good, keep it going. Mon the Fife.

Mr East Fife Legend, I said exactly the same about Fash to the guys around me. For the first 30 mins his body language looked all wrong but he was getting a bit of bashing from the Stirling Hammerthrowers.

Raithman, those were the days right enough. Didn't know Ally Gourlay, but obviously a Rovers man through and through, and not surprising the turn out for his funeral. Brian Cooper the best sweeper around at the time, and I include Celtic's John Clark in that assessment. Wee Davy C for the Fife took a bit of beating as well in that position. Great New Years Day games at Starks Park as well. 13,000 on the terraces, 90 percent ****** oot there heeds, and not a bit of trouble, whatever the outcome. You could even take your bevy into the game, no problem. I remember one New Year game arriving at Starks Park to hear that Benny McGuire had been arrested the night before, and was helping police with their enquiries. I was doing somersaults, as I hated playing against him!!!

Do you remeber when Davie Clark had the hotel in Lochgelly, they had joined the Kirkcaldy and District Amatuers and we were playing them at the Bevvie park when who turns up stripped and ready to play but the man himself. We got the points and I think he was find by Glasgow but as you say what a player. I also had the pleasure of playing 5-a-sides whit Billy McPhee for a few years great laugh and what a left foot. Aye happy days that new years day game at Starks huge crowd slightly wobbly on my feet but can recall Billy Mitchell scoring one for us. A lot of happy memories of going to games in those days as there were for me a lot more characters in the game and that's not only on the playing field but on the terracing.