Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Smoking - not smart

I hear Craig Smart is a smoker.

If true, I'm surprised managers at his former clubs haven't stamped out this habit which must surely affect performance.

I know this isn't a high level of football, but I'm still surprised to find footballers in a Scottish league are still smoking in this day and age.

I thought the steak, chips and pint of stout just before the match and a fag at half time were over

Re: Smoking - not smart

Socrates smoked 146 a day and he was ok.

I am a vegetarian and I heard he also eats meat. Basically I am disgusted.
AWAY THE COWZ

Listen if he can bang the goals he can smoke 100 widbine and have a 3lb morelands steakpie wi extra gravey at halftime for all i care.

Beckenbaur was and still is a heavy smoker.

Imagine the player he would have been if he didnt smoke???

Nicotine is a stimulant he might not have been so aware on the field of play. I wonder if they got to have a puff in the changing rooms at half time.

Wullie Broon and Robert Scott smoked when they played for us i didnt hear anyone complaining when they did it!

Beckenbaur would probably have been a fat bastard cause he would have substituted fags for peanuts and put on nearly 4 stone, well at least thats what Im blaming it on, got feck all to do with cider before ewes start

bacon filled croissants dinnae do much for the waistline either my son.....

Try a smoke after s******g him - very nice indeed.

Rolled tobacco in Dutch is called SHAG.( honestly) so when is the best time to have one? Before or after a game? Maybe at half time ? Now there's a thought.

Ah still smoke an eat stuarts fudge doughnuts as well as guysing at ma work an ah still fit in ma trakie suit see use on the march

John cusick was always smoking my cigs til I gave up he was not a bad player for us ,I used to even buy him 20 when I stopped,

'Hmmmm' my New Labour party activist latte leftie hedge fund investing chum, have you heard of the phrases 'democracy' and 'freedom to make up your own mind'? Look them up; they are slightly different concepts from what you are used to ('do and think how we tell you to' and 'repeat our politically correct dogma') under Blair's Terror.

dae gie me that zak the only thing i smoked was your knob