Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DOWNHILL

Met a Diehard today, same age as myself. 50+. Like me, followed Fife from school days. He walked out against Peterhead with 15mins to go. He said he will not be back. I know this guy well, we were at school together, he stayed in Tay street and i stayed two streets down in Forth street, so we know each other well. When HE says he will not be back, then that is significant. That's a fan of forty years with possibly twenty more years of support to the club lost. Will he be back, even if we improve? Will i go back to watch a club that has no plans better than mid second division? I don't know. Sad times.

Re: DOWNHILL

This really saddens me too. I know how bad it is when you 2 are talking about not going.

Keep the faith!

I'm a season ticket holder & I decided on Saturday morning that I wasn't going to the game either! Just didn't have any enthusiasm for it at all. Used to plan my weekends around the fixture list & knew our forthcoming matches off by heart, now don't even who we're playing next! Hopefully this apathy will wear off soon but who knows. I actually stopped going for spell during Murray's reign of terror & believe me it is so easy to get into the habit of doing something else other than going to the games! Maybe Santa will bring us a change in fortune at Xmas!!

Going through exactly the same as you guys. Been supporting regularly for 36 years but enough is enough.
Was only at the Peterhead game as it was a cup tie and it certainly did not whet the appetite for more of the same. The last 2 and half years have been utterly dismal just like the dark eras of Murray and Shannon. Interest just isn't there any more for me and won't be back until major changes are made.

shannon and bone were crap managers for the fife but they only lasted about 18 months,moffats time now is spread over 5 seasons and we are no better off than before he arrived.
when will the school teacher do us a favour and step aside.

Are present times that bad that loyal supporters feel as bad as they do?......In reality,yes.
Agree that if Moffats family are geting abuse,then he should save them (and us)from any further torment and resign.Surely,he now must be the worst ever Manager of East Fife.

Suicidal or what? Deeply depressing stuff and could signal the end of football as we know it, if this depressive fatalism spreads

Fife are still doing better than Arbroath but the mood at your club seems poisoned. We recently changed manager and just went private so that stopped some of the similar corrosive sentiment, maybe temporarily.

What seems to be the difference is that not that you're doing badly - not the first time - but that you feel disempowered. its a thankless task managing a local football club but the attitude of EF onwers does appear amazingly alienating, surely a luxury no community enterprise can afford.

Emancipation does not seem on the horizon. But cheer up - at least you support a proper football team unlike say the old Firm types

What a difference a year makes :-D

Top o' the league
Broon out on his backside

Happy days

Good grief! started reading these posts without looking at the date and thought I was going off my head!
Looking forward to a nice lunch tomorrow with Jim P.

Did someone not suggest that the same attitude was a problem at the Rovers after the got rid of Anelka, maybe I'm wrong.

Oops,forgot to say that Mrs Tam will also be at the game tomorrow with all the boys and the father in law.Innes is being presented with a special achievement award at half time.Make sure you all give him a big cheer.
I`ve been told to be on best behaviour!

Is the special achievement for growing up to be a well mannered young lad despite being your long suffering son? If that's the case then Mrs Tam should get a lifetime achievement award!!!

(I am joking, honest!).

Re: Re: DOWNHILL

no

Has this just been bumped because someone thiks history is being repeated or what?

Re: Re: DOWNHILL