Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Next Manager

If the rumours are correct and Moffat goes, who would you pick to replace him? Craig Robertson? Dave Baikie? Kevin Bain?

Re: Next Manager

I think we should go for a player who wants to get in to management. Someone like David Hannah or Gary Bollan.

They could still do a job at Division 3.

Maybe Dave Bowman or will Connoly`s name creep up again.
The main problem,given the reputation of Derrick Brown,who would actually want the job?

I don't think theres much chance ov getting a manager with a good track record.That'l cost money,and money is what Broon is sweer to give away.Bain will prob get the job on a temp basis,and if things go well,which Broon will be praying for,he'll get the job.Theres always the chance Bain o'll walk with Moffet all the same!!

I think Greg Shaw should get a chance to prove himself too.

Stevie Kirk, watch this space

Not a chance that would happen!

The fans would never stand for that!

So hope the rumours are true that Moffat's going. But if he does it's only Brown's attempts to ward off bigger protests.

That's how he stopped the protests before - offering something to make too many cave in too soon (ie: the 1000 shares).

Unless the budget gets upped significantly you're only going to get an also ran or, if we're really lucky, someone that wants a chance to prove themselves - but that is a big risk for someone to take and could break a possible management career.

If you offer peanuts, you get Dumbo.

Shaw would probably be given caretaking charge, win a couple of games and get the job. Not unrealistic considering we have the Shire next.

I always thought that if you offered peanuts you got monkeys, but I'm sure that someone will tell me that I'm wrong.

well them as well.

but elephants like the odd peanut now and again too!

Steve Kirk told me personally that he's still gagged by a court order about his dismissal as manager years back. I think that was the grounds that he got a pay off as his dismassal wasn't above board.

I'm quite sure he'll never be back, even if it is a different set up to when he was last here.

I think Greg Shaw wouldn't be a bad choice,but I don't think he would take the job as long as brown is there.

There may me a guy called McLeish available shortly!! or this Souness chap!!

jocky scotts got his finger up his ass right now.could do worse and hes gaggin get back intae fitbaw

Jocky Scott would only be interested in a full time post.

Micky Lawson might be tempted to take the job after the Scottish Cup semi-finals.
Failing that, how about Jim Duffy?
Obviously Chairperson Brown has to be removed from New Bayview in a wheelbarrow and deposited in the River Forth before either would consider accepting the job...

Well there is a few names we could go for Johnny Allison for grit and determition,Lindsay Hamilton doing coaching at Aberdeen,Stevie Kirk,Craig Robertson,Billy McPhee doing a good job with Norton House got some good players there as well.Jim Duffy not a bad choice,well Alex will be next to get the boot there is him,but honestly who would want to work with brown,not many I guess.

Obviously, we'll get someone but why would anyone decent want the job?
Pros:
Get into football management

Cons:
Have to work with Broon
East Stirling level of budget
Fans in revolt and still carrying high expectations
Unambitious club

I guess it'll only be the desperate that apply.

Try Bruce Smith?

I am putting my application in hope the rest of you do the same see if we can pish him right off

How's Brian McNaughton doing these days? Would a decent Junior manager be worth a punt?

i would go for one of these-

dave baikie
john connelly
david hannah
alan preston.

With the money on offer and the constraints that go with working with Broon I can't see them being interested. Hannah for Montrose broke down when he heard the money they were offering. Can't see us offering any better.

What about the guy that used to run the B.A.S.T.A.R.D.S he was fncking good.

BFB

Too expensive! I think he had an expense/drinking account with the club.

How about Billy Dodds!! Always liked his style as a player. 100%.

What about someone like John Brown at Rangers. Think he wants to get into management. Only problems would be salary. He would have great contacts in the game and would be ambitious. Our best bet has be be a young manager with aspirations to go higher.

Just read in the daily record that Connolly and Newall are favourites,Newall could do nothing at East Stirling so what could he do here,he had some money at East Stirling with the pools money,he would get less here.

ALAN

Feb 5th, 2006 - 12:38 PM Re: Next Manager

Stevie Kirk, watch this space

what we are going to get without a doubt is a rookie after the 'will consider a player manager' comment either that or Connolly

Lonefifer..Get yerself and JJ on The Mound. You know It makes sense.

Heard a rumour that John Brownlie is interested !

brownlie is not bad paul merson just got the boot fi walsall

Jock Scott has gone back to Dundee as coach, thats him out. Heard a rumor that Baikie ruled himself out too.

Would like to see Billy Dodds get the job, but probably a long shot........

newall had no money at the shire, the pools company only supported the running cost of the club and it was never used on the playing front, i think some type of bonus may have been in place but nothing else. if you had Diak, Denham, Mc Groarty, and J Robertson who he managed to get for £10 per week then i don't think many would complain.

RAYMOND STEWART, watch this space.