Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Broon's timing

Broon's timing of doing things is either very clever and sneaky or very stupid. Consider the following -
1)When did he finally agree to sell the Trust their shares ? Just after the Transfer Window had closed in the Summer
2) When did he manage to repel the Trusts attempts to buy more shares ? Just at the time of the Transfer Window in January
3) When does he announce that Willie Gray ( a man who has money to invest) has become a Director ? 1st February - the day after the Transfer Window closed.
4) When does he sack Moffat ? After the Transfer Window has closed, players have signed through the efforts of the now sacked Manager. The players who left the club brought in some money in transfer fees and the Board had to supplement this by only a few hundred pounds to bring in Savage, Smith, Doyle etc. This now means that he does not have to provide any new manager with funds to bring players in till the Summer.
5) Don't be surprised if the position goes to Greg Shaw till the end of the season. He then gets sacked and they don't appoint till July hence saving them paying out over the Summer.
Sneaky little B*^$%^D

Re: Broon's timing

Pat your fncking clever mate I see exactly that happening

The sad thing is that almost everyone reading that will consider it to be plausible - myself included.

Mound for me on Saturday (unless it's pissing down!)

Just wanted to keep this near the top! To me this post above all others shows just what is going on at New Bayview

Personal views not of the Trust etc, etc, etc

From todays EFM -

Brown insists the target for the club remains promotion despite the current turmoil.
He said: "The board would be failing in its duty to shareholders if we don't try and achieve the best position for the club."

Never mind the supporters then.

Not views of the EFST, purely personal blah blah blah

Has anyone emailed Off the Ball, Sportsound, Sky Sports etc with our plight? I'm sure Tam Cowan and Stuart Cosgrove would love it. Mound protest, wee girl in charge of a club. Chairman (formerly Cowden director) with no money in team photo etc (who had the brass neck to complain about Rix).

This could all be great material to the light-hearted side of the media.

Our arseh*le Chairman needs the smile wiped off his pus.

I'd be on the mound but can't being stuck out here in Hamburg. The results, team, new manager should be totally and utterly irrelevant in my opinion while that arse plays his "I run a football team na-nana-na na" game. It doesn't even matter if we miraculously somehow acheive promotion with great football - Brown has got to go. The people who continue to pay in are helping keeping us in this situation. He's a proxy and can easily be flicked aside if the shit hit the fan. DON'T PAY IN

The amount of money spent on players in the Transfer window was confirmed by Jim Moffat in the East Fife Mail - £2500 compared to £2300 which was brought in by selling Johnny Mitchell etc. The Board somehow managed to scrape together £200 to allow him to sign the five players who have come in. The wage bill has decreased again. Where is the money going these days now that we a debt free ? Answers on a post card to J. Derrick Brown, East Fife FC.
Just as an aside - anyone notice that on the Official website at one stage when it listed players released or left the Club, the name of Kyle Dammer (Youth player) appeared. This was a mistake and the poised dwarf had to personally apologise to the lad ! Nothing surprises me these days !