Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Plea to GoF

Jim acted with dignity throughout his tenure as our Manager.Please allow him to leave with dignity. He does not deserve to be the object of ridicule on the front page of this website.In the name of common courtesy,Mike,could you see your way to remove it.Thanks in anticipation.

Re: Plea to GoF

And while we're on the subject of that ship called dignity, GoF, could you also see your way to removing any director who has recently shown a lack of respect towards what were once his fellow supporters, by attempting to ridicule their criticism?

Dave,If Jim Moffat had any dignity or respect in him,he would have held his hands up months ago and accepted that he wasn`t up for the job.
He should have resigned and put an end to the torture he was puting the fans through,and more importantly what he was puting his family through.

Also,you Dave,was a man and a supporter who I personally had respect for. I know you are living your dream by being a Director at East Fife,but as long as you and the rest of the "Board" continue to bow down to Derrick Brown,you will continue to drift apart from the rest of the supporters.

I'm sure he had little dignity left when he was sacked 5 days after the transfer window closed by you and your fellow board members.

How about giving the fans back some dignity by removing that little twat Broon from his lofty position as chairman.

How about your dignity at Montrose when after their 3rd goal your response to fans chants at Broon was to turn round and laugh.

How about your dignity on the subject of shares to the trust which you publically stated at a meeting would be sold and then weren't.

Dignity, don't make me laugh.

Haw Dave

Seeeing as you sold your soul for your blazer and tie, dont dare lecture anyone on here about dignity.

If YOU had any dignity, you would resign from the corrupt regime lead by your wee pal Deek, the only man around that can make himself less popular than a predecessor who was a convicted paedophile.

In fact right now, its more than one down one to go, as I would add to the "go" list every one of you spineless cowards who let a council clerk ruin our famous football club.

Grow a backbone Dave, or fuck off with Moffat and Brown.

Why should we the fans, listen to you? When was the last time you and your little muppet friends ever listened to us? I was shocked that you even came on to this site. At least we know you lot read what we write now! What kind of footballing people sack a manager a few days after the transfer window? This leaves a new manager at a disadvantage as he may want to bring in players who he has worked with before. No doubt the board will show their true spineless nature and appoint Greg Shaw as manager! GoF ignore his plea, as I seem to remember many occasions where they have ignored pleas from the supporters. Oh and if you speak to Derrick Brown, tell him the fuck off for me

Dave you know you'll never win on this website. Which is the reason you stopped posting. In this case I disagree with you as I have done several times before but I uphold your right to hold your views. In this case I do not see anything undignified in the comment " One down, one to go ". It is just stating a fact of the fans' desires for quite some time now.

Now that you have been a member of the board for some time you should have been able to see the way Brown works. I would hope that although you have virtually no power due to the high amount of proxies the chairman has you and several other directors will be working behind the scenes to try and rid our club of such a poisonous chairman.

Although I do not agree with you all the time I have great respect for you as a true East Fife supporter. Please don't let us down.

Go For It
It is the presence of Jim,s image I feel is wrong not the headline.

Sorry Dave but I think Jim is not nearly as thin skinned as you. I really do not see anthing wrong here!

Dave

With all respect, I really don't see anything wrong with the image.

The fanzine had a lot lot worse about Murray during his era.

I agree that Moffat was dignified, but what do you exepct a manager to show.

The Club was going nowhere under him and yet he refused to walk away and instead subjected his family to hearing abuse about him at each game, and from what I can gather from posts on the forum, their being there actually prevented further abuse.

Where's the dignity in that?

Equally, as already mentioned, the Board/Deek have sacked him after the transfer window has shut, after he has gotten rid of two of our best players (Noble and Paliczka) and after our play off hopes have been distinguished.

Where's the dignity in that?

Also, from comments gleaned on here after Saturday's game, several fans were told by directors that Jim was going to be sacked that weekend/Monday. Was this news to Jim? Did he find that out first here? Should the fans find out that way?

Where's Jim's dignity there Dave?

The front page is staying for the foreseeable future. It will be changed at some point.

That point may be when Derek goes.

You and the rest of the Board have an influence on that particular option.

One person, one vote on director removal I would assume - no matter how many shares are owned.

This is your chance to get back the dignity you personally have lost amongst your fellow fans. Get the fans back onside and back into the ground where we belong.

I'll take the picture down, if you take this opportunity.

In the words of Noel Edmonds, Deal or No Deal?

Have ti agree Gof,pritty shitty front cover!!If it wiz me that din it,add ov hid,Flashing letters,Fife scarfs waving in the backgroond wi "bye,bye baby" blairing oot!!!
Christ Davie,yiv boont o have kint the response yed get fi the fans on that wan.Its the best news wiv hid fer a very long time.
You've read this forum fer a long time noo,an alot o its good,friendly banter(no it all,mind you).The front cover just showed what 99.9% ov the fans felt.Put yer sell in oor shoes,you'd av felt the same!!!

Funnily enough, I was originally looking for an animated fireworks display but ran out of time as my Indian arrived that I'd ordered to celebrate and didn't want it to get cold!

I've said this before and I'll continue to say it: Good and bad managers come and go but the real threat to the future of East Fife FC was never Jim Moffat but Chairperson Brown.
The reason I was reluctant to get involved in any boycott was that the focus might have become distracted by events on the park which credibility of the protest.
For different reasons I'm therefore in agreement with Director Marshall. It makes the website look rather petty and, when you think about it, Jim Moffat gave it his best shot; how do you think this comes across to any prospective new manager?

That should read "affecting the credibility of the protest".

Sorry Angus. Have to disagree.

It's expressing how I felt at the time and how I still do.

I was on the mound protesting against BOTH Brown and Moffat.

Jim Moffat lost the goodwill of a lot of the fans a long time ago. If he'd walked, then the picture may have been different. I don't know. Likewise if he'd gone when we still had a chance to get a manager in who could sign some players and some play off hopes, then again it may have read different.

Probably not though.

He may have given it his best shot, but it wasn't a very good one. Speak to some of the current and ex players and see what their reaction to his departure is.

And as for the new manager, do you really think they'd care? And do you not think Brown will already have told him this thoughts about a certain section of the crowd and a certain evil website?

I'm broadly in agreement with you about Jim Moffat's performance as manager but it really pales into something approaching insignificance in comparison to the Chairperson's incompetence, double dealing and downright lies.
You are in danger of unintentionally trivialising the problem...

This a supporters sight and forum run by a supporter -therefore supporters postings are not dictated to to by club directors - so why should a director come on this sight and expect us to accept there wishes when they have totally ignored the supporters requests for several months!

HERE HERE Mike. I am with you on the point that this a fans site and shpuld be kept that way.
I am sure that Dave Marshall was/is a fan but his thoughts are drifting, I think[my thoughts entirely].
On a personal note, it does not change my thoughts on returning to methil until broon has gone. Broon is leading the team, club and fans downward and does not CARE!!!.

This isn't the "official" East Fife fans website, we don't have one. It's Mike's online fanzine, and as such, he can do whatever he damn well likes. It belongs to him and him alone.
As far as I'm concerned he can have naked women in East Fife scarves, torching effegies of the chairman if he wants, and there's not a damn thing the "BORED" can do about it. (p.s.any chance of that btw?)

Before slating anyone else's site, go and look at the club website. Bad grammar. Bad spelling. Poor content.
In a word, pathetic. Get your priorities right Marshall, this site is the ONLY thing that keeps people half interested in the club for some people.

I was always told you judge yourself as a person on how you treat the people you don't like as opposed to how you treat your friends. I personally don't like gloating on anyone losing their job, so would probably agree with Dave Marshall re displaying Moffat's picture.

However, I also agree with the other sentiments on here. This is a fans forum and should encourage diverse opinion. Where I believe there needs to be thought is in the personalising of the posts.

Fundementally, what is wrong is not the hard work of a manager, nor often the efforts of some directors.

The PROBLEM is a structure that allows a Chairperson bereft of communication skills, management skills
and about any other skill you can think of to ride roughshot over a local community football club. This is the problem, and all means should be used to get into the solution protests certainly I will be on the mound' letter writing to media, councilors, msp's
anywhere where this problem can be kept in the open. If there are allegations re breaking company rules., contact the appropriate authorities.

Gloating and name calling achieve nothing

Dave
Welcome back to the forum, although your post regarding not objecting to the headline might not go done well in the boardroom.

Mike - good point.

So my reading of the last post is the same as Ritchie's. Dave Marshall doesn't think that the "one down one to go" headline is wrong.

Interesting stuff

Question is...Will we see Dave Marshall on the Mound?

you all need to have a look at yourselfs and get a grip. GoF you r such a twat.

Dave Why should I have to look at myself? I actually agreed with you re your complaint. Perhaps when you have one finger pointing forward at everyone else, you should look where your other three fingers are pointing

You don't think the last dave marshall post was from the real Dave do you?

Let's not be silly and muddy the waters.

If Dave had objected to the Christmas front page I would have agreed with him but not in this case. I know this is not a La Di Da website but the Christmas caption made me cringe just a little.

However after posting I started to think a little and began to wonder why Dave objected so much about this caption. It came to me that maybe he felt just a little guilty about the sacking. Not necesarily because of the act (You must have heard his comments on the manager's performance when he was amoung the fans); but because of the timing and the way it was done. It probably has become obvious to the directors that this was another attempt to deflect attention away from the chairman's failings!

Now I have a dream that those directors who I am sure are aggrieved at the chairman's performance will join us on the mound. Would that not be great and it would show the world who are the true supporters on the board. It will not happen but if they could even discuss the possiblity and outcomes that would result from such an action it may lead to other things.

"Now I have a dream...."

Can I remind you what happened to the last person to start a speech with those words. Watch your back!

I think we all have the dream Eugene but unlike MLK they cant kill us all - can they?.

Never underestimate the power of Fife Cooncil!

Non-issue if his mugshot's on it or not. As a manager, he should have a thicker skin than Davie Marshall, and all this post is doing is focussing everybodys attention off of Broon