Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
What Future Would You Like To See For East Fife

A few of the threads below have thrown up interesting talking points about the way forward.

We all do a lot of moaning, but perhaps not a lot of solutions or ideas being put forward at times.

What are we protesting for? Brown's removal, obviously, but what would we like to see beyond that?

For me, my long term aim for the Club is that the Trust, and thus the fans, get a seat on the board, with the ultimate objective to be the Club eventually being owned by the fans, as we've seen elsewhere recently.

May seem pie in the sky just now, but then I'm sure other clubs' fans thought that too.

Re: What Future Would You Like To See For East Fife

Spot on GoF - for a club our size the only way it will survive is in the hands of the supporters - there is no future for a big business other than to sell of the clubs assests. Brentford have just been taken over by there supporters and they are a little club tucked away in the west side of London - apart from having to compete with the London glamour clubs they also have several rugby grounds around them including Twickenham - its also fairly industrial in the area with several office blocks - so they have to work hard to get cash through the turnstiles - but if they could do it - East-Fife supporters could do it.

am i rite in saying that the fans of the rovers now have some say in them should we not aspire to that

My personal vision for the future would be for a team all East Fife fans could be proud of in terms of success on the field and a large involvement by fans and community in the running of the club.

The team realistically could be playing 1st division football within 5 years given the right leadership and encouragement and could also attract crowds of 1000 or so on a regular basis.

I beleive at board level there would need to be a d Chair who was elected by members on a 4 or 5 year basis say and shares in the club should be more readily available to proper fans(through season tickets perhaps).

The Young Fifers would play a big part in the rise in attendances by positively discriminating against leaving Fife to watch Rangers/Celtic etc. This could be achieved by very attractive pay at gate and season ticket deals.

As I say these are my personal hopes for the future but The East Fife Supporters Trust business plan which will be completed in the next 8 weeks will show the vision the EFST board have for the future with the helpful input of it's members.

Sorry don't know what a d Chair is!! Typo.

In order to get young fans in, has the board approached local youth groups like the Sea/Army cadets to give free tickets to? Christ, they are only down the road, he can hand deliver the invitation. They would be supervised, so no neds running about and we might even get a few coming back. Even if they bought a packet of crisps and a coke each, it's money coming into the club. Or primary school football teams? Or the fecking SWI, I don't really care, just do something. Cause we aint got a future at this rate with the board doing SFA.

PS - when do you think one of the old firm will open a shop on Leven high street. When it does, kiss goodbye to the club