Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Just a thought

I see today that there has been a hold up in the buy out of majority shareholder (Neil Rankine) at Dumbarton FC. When it does happen, what are the chances of him joining the Board at New Bayview with all the shares that can then be proxied to him by Miss Twigg ? Would this weaken Broon ?
Could it be that Greg Shaw is kept on until such time that Rankine can help with interviews for the Managers post ? Brian Fairley has been quoted as a possible candidate - he was Manager at Dumbarton - how did he get on with Rankine ?
For the answers tune in to next weeks episode of Soap !(not the most popular programme in Cowden !!!)

Re: Just a thought

Bayviewboy...I think you know more than you are letting on.

Sorry to disappint Sulk, but I'm just trying to piece things together. Might be totally off the beaten track but there seems to be many coincidences.

Who knows? It might even be that some of the shares in DB's name are actually being held on NR's behalf. What a difficult world we live in!

There speaketh someone who DOES know more than he sometimes lets on

Or lets on more than he knows!

I heard a something tonight that made me wonder, willie gray has been brought in to take over from brown just hope it is true,or is something to take the flak of brown,don't know but my source has been right in the past.

Zak,I couldn`t care if Willie Wonka takes over,as long as Broon goes.

Would Davie Hamilton become an oompa loompa?

Okay, Gray takes over but how far does broon go, back to VICE-chairman[ sorry he has been that for a while]?.

I have heard from a good source that Mr Gray is not entirely sypmathetic to the ideals of a Trust.

My sources views only not of the EFST blah blah blah....

Why would Willie Gray be any better than D'ick. Neither of them are East Fife supporters and therefore I don't see the well being and progression of East Fife being their no.1 priorities. They are only there for the good of their egos.

Trust member
“There speaketh someone who DOES know more than he sometimes lets on.”

Go for it
“Or lets on more than he knows!”

You are of course both correct!

There isn't a cat's chance in hell of Rankine joining the EF Board. I have heard that he's had his fill of football and who could blame him.

He should be at home at Bayview then, there's precious little football being played there at the moment