Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mound fencing

Heard last night that the club are planning to erect fencing around the mound on Saturday morning in a bid to stop the players seeing the protesters, and the protesters seeing the match for free. As yet I have no idea as to whether the mound will also have security guards in place during the game, though I suppose they'll have to otherwise we'll break it down and make the board look like right twats.

So be prepared for some action, off the field at least.

Re: Mound fencing

Does anyone know what the Polis' powers are?
Legally, can they move the protestors from the mound like PC Dogdirt did last time?

How many protestors can stand together before breaking the criminal justice act?

What about standing on the sea wall? surely that's public land?

Lets face it, DB WILL phone the polis and try to break up the demo early, best to know your rights beforehand so the protest can go on as long as possible.

Oh, and will there be press there?

Maybe they could send the bill for the fencing to the Trust.

I heard a while back that the board had considered bulldozing the mound, I think when the protest was first spoken about. Banners would be the best way of protesting, hung from the fencing, powerstation and at the road end leading to the ground.

Could this be linked to the ''invitation to tender'' notice that was in the EFM several weeks back?

Discuss

just a thought but

if you were to stand at the dock entrance at say 1:30pm just as people begin to arrive.

form a queue on the pavement with the 30+ of you guys,

all of you walk across the road and back continuosly better half going one way half going the other.

the effect is there is so many people crossing the road that traffic cannot pass without running someone over (not worth the drivers licence)

1. it is not illegal to cross a public road (i presume it is public)

2. you wont be able to stop people entering 100% but at least everyone attempting to enter bayview will know your there and perhaps take recognition of the sittuation.

3. when the game finally kicks off move onto the mound with that loud speaker.

or am i just being silly

"Obstructing the Highway" I think

Or conduct likely to cause a breach of the peace, (that's how Broon would spin it anyway)

Don't know where you do your traffic wardening but if I were to turn up at Bayview at 1.30 I'd have to stand for an an hour and a quarter before any other twat turned up. Nobody arrives for games before 2.45.

Obvious protest would be to have cars break down at regular intervals from 2pm onwards on the only road into the park.

Or

Skinny

the idea for 1:30 was that it could stop the players getting in aswell mainly the opposition (surely that won't look good) on dick broon

There is no law of trespass but if you damage the fence then that is willful damage & you can be charged for that. The Polis could view the gathering as a public order offence so please be careful!
Broon will phone the Polis & they will ask you to move on!

The Club clearly have a lot of money to burn these days then huh?

The polis really weren't interested last time and as long as you're behaving they won't do anything. Since my wife works for the polis I'll get some definite clarification as to what we can and can't do.

Scare tactics from Brown won't work and whether he blocks off the mound or not don't worry, he'll still be able to both hear and most certainly see the protests.

Johnno - you still bringing your big van?

I don't think the chairman is worried about the protesters, he'll see tehm from the stand, its the players that he doesn't want to see the protesters.

The idea of a big van will solve that one, does anyone have an amp and mike?

Anyone inviting local councillors or Fife Council officals. That way they can see where the full support for regeneration projects that include using our money to prop up EFFC board are being backed by the tax payers

You think Brown's worried in case the players join us?!

What we should do is get three or four big vans or trucks and have them strategically placed around the perimeter wall with protestors on top.

Also for those that are wanting to pay to get in and/or have season tickets, infiltrate the away end and kick off the protests when the fuhrer takes his seat.

No missing us. No escape. No place to hide.

Brown out now.

excellent isnt this good publicity for the protest??

wouldnt the papers love something like 'Freedom of speech hidden by Dictator', 'Brown is board with protest'

If we get a PA system can someone knock up a cd to play with the office clerk line from Echo Beach on repeat?

What a tremendous idea. Play bursts of it every five minutes. This is a surefire way of getting Brown's attention.

How much would it cost to erect fencing?????
Much more than the £200 available to the manager in the transfer window methinks.

This is all the fault of the Trust.

Chill out dudes - I've heard from someone who loves the earth as much as I do that there will be hell to pay for any damage done to the mound. It may belong to the club but he can't just destroy the trees and the hill without appropriate permission. Take note other directors too you could all be heading for a fine.

I'm also a member of the Green party and will spread the word that the dictator who runs your club is a murderer of the land.

EXPECT TO BE JOINED BY A SWAMPY LIKE CHARACTER AND HIS FRIENDS. SEE YOU TOMORROW MR BROWN.

Just been speaking to, let's just say "a friend" about the legalities of removing the trees from the mound, amongst a few other things, and she's looking in to it for us.

Initial response, very promising.

Wouldn't it be awful for a council employee to fall foul of his employers......