Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mound bulldozed and Trees ripped out!!!!

Listen guys sorry to give you the bad news but i went for a recce today and the mound and trees has been bulldosed today........
Broon is on the run for sure as these are desperate measures by a desperate man.
good luck for the protest it looks like by these actions that your protests are making a rather quick impact.
As for the police asking you to move on, there is no laws of tresspass and remember when the travellers were there, broon and co could not move them directly.
you all have a legitimate right to protest!!
GOOD LUCK

Re: Mound bulldozed and Trees ripped out!!!!

The mound was the spiritual home of the protesters and if it has been destroyed then Derrick has caused an even bigger rift between the club and the fans. How about proper answers to proper questions like why wait till last Sunday before sacking Moffat.
Like why slate ordinary fans, young Fifers and Trust members.
Like why appoint WRAITH R@*@#S supporter onto the board but not sell further shares to proper fans.

You may find that the protesters have brains and ingenuity on their side, something which you clearly have neither of.

You will be very surprised at the ways and means we have at our disposal!!

Derrick is really shitting himself now!

We might not be seen but we will still be heard!

Ok we can always have a sit down protest outside or on the field, taking away a mound is so like the little ar**. Next well see that other bastion of intergrity David Marshall planting tatties on the mound. Keep up the good work protestors.

Bring it on!! See you all tomorrow.

Does Plod from Methil's finest need to be informed about tree destruction? I thought you had to have approval to take down trees

It's like a tottie field down there!

Thereis always the other mound but shit view of the game but bang in line of the directors.

Trees have been taken down and there is no way that Brown has had the time to seek permission for this,unless he applied months ago,which is unlikely.
Too much of a coincidence that the Mound has been destroyed prior to the Protest on Saturday.

Mr Brown has made things 100 times worse for himself by doing this.The little tosser is running scared....

Destroying the mound will hardly persuade the protesters to pay the £9 to get in will it. It's only going to have the opposite effect.

Fuck that, just wait till Arbroath Derrick!

What a twat Brown is if this is true.
Council say

"Where development is proposed on a site where trees are
present,
a) developers will be required to :-
i) submit a comprehensive tree survey;
ii) identify on site any affected trees; and
iii) submit for agreement by Fife Council a programme of
works, details of tree protection, and landscaping proposals
including any appropriate tree planting."

Hope he's put the survey in.

'Mon the Trees!

sod the mound, everyone should take a ladder. they may take our trees, etc....

Big bad mistake Brown and Gray.

All you've managed to do is to up the ante.

We need to attack from all avenues here.

Target attendees before they pay their money to get in.

As someone said earlier, park lots of big vans around the wall - protest on the roof. Banners everywhere.

Let's look at days of old for inspiration. We've seen people handcuffing themselves to the goalposts and sit down protests in the centre circle. Not that I would encourage such a thing of course!

As the gates of the away end open towards the end of the game, let's all pile in there and really turn the heat on the directors and get our points across to their faces.

Boycott everything to do with Bayview, sponsors et al.

Write to your councillor and Fife Council about what one of their menial staff members gets up to.

We clearly have them rattled and we haven't even started yet. Just wait till we do.

Viva la resistance.

Broon - YOU ARE A MOUND DESPOILER.

Some of those trees were my friends!
There is no curse in elvish, entish or the tongues of men for this treachery!

all this will do is to create a bigger rift, make us more determined and get more people on our side.

Not the end of the world!

Why demolish the mound, no doubt at great expense and incur the further wrath of protesters whom you would normally be receiving gate money from, but are now very unlikely to?

Would it not have been better to call a meeting with the protesters?

There is also the point of destroying an area of outstanding natural beauty which may or may not have required permission from Fife Council.Poor trees

My oh my.

I wonder how the conversation went?

DB - How much tae clear that mound Willie?
WG - 3 grand Deek
DB - Tell ye what, if ye hate the Trust and trees and hills and people in general, I'll gie ye shares and make ye a director instead. Wid ye do it then?
WG - Aye, nae bother, do I get a blazer and tie thrown in for that price tae tho?
DB - Course ye do. I'll gie ye a crown as long as we destroy the plans o the pesky supporters and remember Willie - AFTN IS EVIL.

(My humour only, does not rep any other being/body in universe etc...)

Keep it up, you must be getting to broon.
Do we actually know what company bulldozed the mound?.

As an outsider would it not be a good idea for you all to write an official complaint to the council photos included, what about sending said photos to the press via e-mail..technology can be a great tool, much better than a bulldozer!

Excellent idea.

I'll be taking some photos today of the damage anyway and the protest, as I'm working on a couple of magazine articles re the whole Brown situation, protests, shares, Trust, Twigg etc.

This whole episode has helped our cause no end. So thanks Deek! Job's a good un.

Been a lot of surprising interest in our plight.

GoF, i've been collecting most of the press stuff here http://down-with-brown.blogspot.com/ might be of some use to you. Will see you all later on Today.

When I first read this thought it must be a wind up, surely even the dicktator isnt that thick.

It aint, been down, had a look, its been bulldozed.

His days are numbered, actions of a desperate man.

Wonder if the EX Vice Chair of the Trust, who seems to have cosied up to him and works for the council, had any input to this, given that he works in planning.

We need to alert the press!

We need all the fire power we can get to get rid of this arse of a man!

Get the vocal chords warmed up.

BROWN OUT!

Everyone taking part today should have their video phones etc with them, just in case he tries to get the police to move peaceful protestors on.

If everything is filmed there can be no dubiety about what happens.

Remember, there is no law of trespass in Scotland and no mound - just bring your step ladders.

I was actually going to go back today. I had decided that I'd had enough of fighting a hopeless cause.
But after hearing about this latest childish attempt to thwart a peacuful protest I've decided NEVER to go back to Bayview as long as that PR!CK is in charge.
Three thousand to shift the mound? It's now £3,009!! (and lots more future £9's until that CLOWN is removed from the club).

He might have bulldozed the mound and ripped the trees out but isnt there another tiny hill just along a bit like behind the dugouts,the last home game a was at it a seen the guy who usually stands on the mound with his dog on that bit instead of the mound so you could move along to that bit and then your in line with derrick so it will be even harder for him to miss yous.Go to that bit.That man is a prick he has to go am worried hes the man pickin the new manager hell probably appoint someone who has no hope and who derrick knows will be his puppy and do everything he says.A cant make it today but if a coudl have i would have defineltey been on the mound after what hes just done.Derrick Derrick Derrick out!!! out!!! out!!!.Show this prick that no man is bigger than our club!

GoF, can you post photos tonight of the protest, damage etc for us exiles ??

Will do.

Might take my dog along for a wee run out today to help pass the time during the protests.

Hope he doesn't find his way onto the pitch and disrupt the game or anything.

That would be embarrassing!

Why did you give him advance notice of your intentions? The mound would still be intact if you'd all communicated by email etc. you know they read the website. Forewarned is forearmed as they say.
Still, there must be plenty of money in the club, not to buy players or pay their wages, much more important to try to wind up the few remaining fans.
Yes, Derrick's master plan is dead on course. What is the lowest attendance that can support the club under the present set-up? Must be getting close to it now!!
Anyone know which is Derrick's preferred housebuilder? Muir, Thomas Mitchell, Bett???

Well what goes around comes around!

The internet is a powerful thing eh Derek. I mean it can be used to give out important information such as mobile phone numbers eh Deek!

It could be a disaster if your mobile number was to be placed on this website with all they prank phone calls you might recieve...

077665584... Am I getting close Derek? Well Am I?

BROWN OUT!

Brown has always painted himself a man of the fans. Lifelong fan and all that.

Sure he would be delighted to speak to people to hear their concerns. Just another way for the fans to get in touch and keep it real for him.

Surprised he hasn't got his mobile up on the official site anyway as he must be available 24/7 to successfully and competently do all of the jobs he appears to have at the club.

I believe he recently invited a season ticket holder to meet him and two lackies to discuss his gripes.

That's the kind of guy he is.

There was some rant about this very website included from the obviously running scared bored though that seemed to detract from the purpose of the meeting I believe.

Still, he means well I'm sure.