Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Sad Day

In over 30 years of supporting my team,today has to be the worst I have ever felt.This includes the Shannon,Bone and Murray eras,all the relegations and even when we had Julian Danskin as Chairman.
I never thought I would stand and protest,but it had to be done.We cannot sink any lower than we are at the moment and to witness our club in such decline is heartbreaking.
Dave Marshall at least had the guts to face us,unlike his fellow Board members and respect to him for doing that.One coment he did make baffled me,he said that he and fellow Directors had recently put in £1000 each or the club would be shut down.Correct me if I`m wrong,but what happened to the £70,000 0r so net profit?
Derrick Brown was visibly shaken when the protesters arrived at the away end and unless he resigns he will continue to endure this as I fully expect the number of protesters to increase.
What was Alex Blyth,the ex Rovers supporter,doing shaking his head at us behind the entrance door.Tell me Alex,how long have you supported the club for or do you claim to be like DB and have supported East Fife all your life?

The Protests will continue and the numbers will increase.

Re: A Sad Day

They are getting worried and showing it now.

£1000 each or the club would be shut down ? What about all the assests the club allegedly own? Anyway, if we were shut down how would you feel the dream then Dave M ? I know how I would feel and I know who I would blame.

Alex Blyth is shocking. He can't pick his nose never mind pick the players who are set to have a future with us. Suprised his jam jars didn't fall enough whilst he shook is head!

Paul
For fellow Directors read Millenium Club

Take it the £4500 from The Supporters Trust is dirty money and that's why it wasn't wanted Dave?

And they say Willie Gray isn't dirty money? Away back to your high horse you arsehole!

You'll take money from a rover reject but not from the trust? Why????

Davie Marshall, why can't you just be honest and explain what is actually going on? There is obviously hidden agendas left, right and centre, isn't it driving you mad? Don't you want to tell us?

We have to remember that Dave can't just come out and say things any more.

Just like the Trust can't reveal all their plans and what they're doing behind the scenes to advance their cause.

I would like to think that Dave does his talking at Board meetings. He has always been one to not shirk from his views and I'm sure he is still the same. He can't just come on a fans forum spouting against the people he has to work beside.

Remember, sometimes you have to work with your opponents to find a way forward - look at Northern Ireland and the middle east.

Dont know the man but my uncle tam has watched raith rovers fi he was a laddie (i know he picked the wrong team) and when i asked about willie gray when he came on board he shook his head and said that man was the cancer off the rovers board now thats a strong statement from a 72 year old wise man.

Seen the day when I would defend D Marshall. That days gone he colludes with Brown so he's an ar*e

Dave Marshall, you were a fan ARE YOU STILL?.
Please let the fans that remain know what you TRUELY FEEL. DAVE you always, said what you felt before so why not say it NOW?.