Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fao East Fife FC

After events today, I wish to raise a few points with the club, and I hope that someone within the club reads this and responds. I also feel it is important to state that I am not a member of the trust, supporters club or shareholder. I am just an ordinary supporter who is totally fed up with what is going on at the club.

The relationship between the club and supporters is the worst I have experienced in my life. It appears to the supporters that the club/board do not give a shit about them, and feel excluded from how the club is run. The board will now have a seige mentality towards the fans/trust, and hell will freeze over before they make peace with the supporters. The club issueing threats of the police making arrests on the forum only pours oil on the situation, but to a degree, so does the protesters running in the away end to shout abuse (and I was one of them).

However, when someone is cornered, they will strike out and to a degree is this not what the protest is? The directors/shareholders decided not to sell shares to the trust, which would at least give the trust a voice at some level, then sell shares to an ex-director of our traditional rivals (Rovers). What does that say? Christ, Derrick was a director at Cowdenbeath! The last time I checked, directors were involved with a club because of family ties, or it is the club they have a love for. To the average EFFC fan, it looks like the directors are there for a SFA blazer or a killing.

Derrick has also come out with some crackers over the last few months. The club was given some bad publicity over the comments he may or may not have made over Rix, and while he may have received phone calls of support, he is there to represent East Fife, not to pass social comment on Rix's suitability for the post. I work with forensic psychiatry and Sec of state patients (look it up Derrick), and his comments were not well received within the mental health field. We are trying to rehabilitate people like that, and negative comments will only make our work more difficult. Anyway this isn't a rant over my work.

Another one was that if you didn't drink in the EFFC social club, he implied that you weren't a true supporter as you weren't putting money into the club. That sent a real nice message to various sponsors that have bought billboards at the ground. To fans I spoke to today, they stated 'why should we put money into a club that doesn't give a shit about us'. I usually go and have a pint at the ground, but his will be no more as iI agree with this.

So how did the club think that the supporters would react? We feel like we are being shafted like your average BB, and from what I understood by talking to others, the protest will continue to gather momentum. Have a think about it.

ps - there was never over 250 there today.

Re: Fao East Fife FC

Excellent post, with many valid points raised.

Can't see us getting an answer to any of them but we can but hope.

Re: Fao East Fife FC

Cannot disagree.