Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Protest and Mound Pics

Eventually going to have this as a story in the seemingly long forgotten NEWS section of the site!

But in the meantime, for those of you not in attendance today, here's some pics of today's events.

First off, here's some picture of the damage done to the mound:

And here's some of the protests:

And finally, here's how the stadium looked ten minutes into the match!

Re: Protest and Mound Pics

What was the official attendence?

309 apparently. Looks more like 109.

Looked like a good turn out against Brown, easily £300-£400 lost revenue from the protestors alone. Given our not so long ago hardcore of 500 this fanny is is keeping aound £1700 from entering into the coffers from his poor people and business skills - surely those who deem him a "competent administrator" (Twiggs) will twig that he is infact an incompetent buffon who is dragging the club to its knees and putting us along side East Stirling in the category of making up the numbers in the SFL.
Down with Brown.

hope ur proud of yourselevs my daughter is only 3 and was shaking and howling at the noise u made begging for me not to let u come and get her if you cant intimidate a grown man you will to a three year old would you like it if i done that to any of your children its not nice and nothing to be proud of and for my personal reason i will say no more but behaviour shocking my 3 yr old behaved better not impressed thought it was ment to be a quiet protest sure the mail would love to know just what type of protest they advertised and how our fans cheered when east striling scored the winning goal whats next then boys and more to the point is it still safe to bring children down

Zoe

The protestors did nothing more than chant "Brown Brown Brown Out Out Out". There was no violence or intimidation.
The police officers complimented us on the way we conducted our protest.
We had children participating in the demonstration.

I suspect you are related to one or other of the board. Your chairman didn't even have the balls to lock the door of the club himself. He sent his wife instead. Kind of speaks volumes about the odious little toad doesn't it?

Zoe

With all respect a football match is a noisy place (well in any ground where there are fans and an atmosphere).

If your daughter is that sensitive I really do question the sensibility of taking her to a place like a football match.

I'm assuming you're the girl that came out of the ground towards the end with the little girl in pink. She did seem upset, but again, you have to question taking her to a place where there is generally loud noise and especially where you have read that there was going to be protests.

If there had been any abuse aimed at yourself, your little girl or your East Fife connected partner, then I would see that you had a case, but the fact that the police came and told us that they deemed us a peaceful protest kind of shoots your arguments down.

You may want to bring her some ear muffs to the next game as the protests will be getting louder and larger.

Hi guys,

long time no post on here.

Just wishing you all the best in this tough time. Our situation is frakly similar to your albeit, our debt is 1.4 million and we have no assets.

your chairman is obviosuly an absolutle cock. Some of the comments i have read are strangley similar. Incomptent, set in his ways, appaling people management, ignores fans pleas's to help.

At the Binos we have the problem that as well a sbeing all of the above, meaning we miss out on vital revenue, its clear our charman loves are club. A positive in some ways, but also very difficult to try and oust him. He has done so much for the club, but is 10 years past his sell by date.

Anyway enough of me going on. Just all the best in your plea up Methil way.

froggy (the midget bilbino keeper)

Just as a follow up to Peter's post, there were children involved in the protests today as he states.

In fact one of them is holding the red card in the picture.

So I wouldn't try and go down the safety for children being at risk route.

Zoe, a protest is a protest. Glad to find that you can bring a child to the game but!!!
You must know what is happening so give the fans a break, that is the fans tnat do love the club. If you take a 03 child to game do you expect silence?.

No children were in danger. I would presume you knew the current situation and its not as if it hasn't happened over previous week. Your child is your responsibilty so don't try and blame us for frighting you child. Its your choice to bring her to the game.

surely football matches are familty affairs and kids can go without rowdy protestors id like to think peole can bring their families and feel safe not having having a minority group destroy their love of the game she has been going to the football since the start of the season and the noise nor the drinking has bothered her she was more than a little upset you lot put the fear of god into her hope you are proud of yourself being a bank manager i wouldve expected more from you mike but you and the protest no longer have my respect

When has football been a family affair? Real football is about passion for the game and the team! Does it matter what is job is? He can conduct himself in anyway he feels. Its your responsibility to ensure your child is safe. If I felt my child was in danger the sensible thing to do would be to go away or stand outside for a minute. You know, your posts are among the most self-centered I have read on this forum for months. We love our club and with the circumstances the way they are, the blame shouldn't lie with the fans!

ZOE, if fans shout and cheer they are making a nuisance to your chil, so why bring them to football match where noise is a common occurence?>

Zoe

I'm really sorry you feel like that and I'm sorry your little girl got upset, but tensions are running really high at the moment and that usually leads to fans being very vocal and very loud at games. You must appreciate that.

A sudden surge in noise would be disturbing to some children, but she could have been subjected to this from the start which would surely have been worse?

There's nothing I want more than for East Fife to be a family oriented, fan friendly, community club, where people bring their children to from an early age and they stick with the club all their lives, wherever their lives may take them.

That's the only way that clubs like East Fife will survive, but with Brown in charge we couldn't be further from this. That's why we need to remove him. That's why I'm protesting. That's why I'll continue to protest.

There were at least three children also taking part in the protests.

I know you are limited with what you may wish to say on the forum but if you have concerns that you don't want to put up here, then email me confidentially.

I'm sorry that you've lost respect for the protest (and me apparently although I don't actually know you!), but we have to continue as it's the way forward that we see for the club to survive.

At least you can read them Alan. Long-winded rambling from a woman who clearly didn't pay much attention during English lessons at school. Have you heard of punctuation Zoe? And what the hell are you doing bringing a three year old girl to an East Fife match on a wet Saturday afternoon? Sounds like child cruelty to me...

You know I didn't want to be to blunt, but thats what I thought. It was like a 110 word sentence and you expect us to take it serious? It's not the time nor the place to be discussing your point!

With all due respect, Zoe, if a crowd of 40 or 50 protestors chanting scares your child, how does she handle 400 or 500 chanting for their team or cheering a goal?

God forbid you should take her to a game with a big crowd rather than the few hundred that watch the majority of games in the Scottish lower league.

To the protestors: Keep up the good work! From what I've read here and on P&B, Mr Brown is not the sort of person who should be involved in Scottish football. The sooner people like him are driven out, the better.

I've unfortunately had dealings with Brown in trying to get press passes, with varying levels of success.

I run the Peterhead website and apparently website reporters "could be anyone" so aren't allowed in. I also cover away games for a local paper so can get passes through them, but it's not exactly helpful if he tells you he doesn't allow websites in at 2.45pm on the day of the game.

When I have applied through the paper, I'm still the same "anyone", but a different letterhead apparently makes me less of an "anyone" and I get a press pass - without having to show any relevant ID. Makes sense, eh?

My child knows the difference between a happy atmosphere and an agressive atmosphere, my child follows by example if people cheer she cheers along side them.

Yeah I was trying to be diplomatic too.

Don't know what's come over me today!

Oh and Peterhead Dave, Brown doesn't like websites full stop so that's half your problem!

You could be expecting????

there's a frightening thought!

lots of little GoFs running around.

Be more trouble than Tam's bairns!

Well could be agood or bad thing, as long as they were EFFC supporters?????.

I certainly gathered that GoF! There's more to my story, but it's just another in a long line of examples of poor PR and sheer idiocy from the EF chairperson, so I won't go into it.

Seeing what's happening at New Bayview is disturbing for any football fan, so as I say, the sooner Brown -and his ilk - are forced out, the better - for all of Scottish football.

Zoe, Let's be serious here. A football game can produce joy and heartache, frustration and excitement, passion and apathy.

You are obviously used to the apathetic response of the majority of East Fife fans however passion in football is actually the norm and today finally a large percentage of the fans showed they're passion with a noisy but non violent protest.

Frustration is boiling over at the moment with many fans and excitement has been lacking for some time.

Joy has been missing primarily since KD scored with the last kick of the ball against Queens Park( luckily your daughter was not there or you may have complained about that one).

To sum up, football should be a family game but to take the passion out of football leaves you with the kind of sanitised atmosphere and stadium DB would be proud of.

Think about it, is that what we want? Or should we listen to the true fans who got off their backsides today and stood in the rain and made some noise and made a point?

zoe or miss hamilton as i am told allegedly , a child for fcuks sake stop it now

do not complain about any old thing she has shared jubilant moments at football including packed pubs during celtic rangers matches. She is a very football orientated little girl.

"she has shared jubilant moments at football including packed pubs during celtic rangers matches"

This is what is secretly killing our game. What has that to do with us!

She has been to packed pubs during Celtic v Rangers games !! And she was scared at East Fife v East Stirling game.

You are havin a fucckin giraffe now, surely!

I wouldn't take a 3 yr old to within a mile of a pub during a Celtic v Rangers game.

heard the same thing mother care although its mrs now

Zoe,I was at the protest today,along with my 3 sons (aged 5,8 and 11).
I would have dearly have loved us to have been in the Stadium,cheering our team on.Unfortunately,due to current situation this was not possible.
With regards to the protest,if I at any time thought that my childrens safety would be in jeopardy,I obviously wouldn`t have taken them.

I have to however,say that your reaction today was way over the top and completely unjustified.
When the next home game is on,why not take her to Jumpin Jacks or Action Zone...I`m sure she will enjoy it a lot more than sitting in a cold,wet New Bayview.

Oh,and for someone to complain about us,whilst taking a young child to a pub to watch a Rangers v Celtic game says it all really.

Exactly.

I coming from the angle of a childless supporter (because I am too young no other reason), my views were purely about the club and myself. You Tam are the perfect person to reply to Zoes comments so hen if you're reading this, take note as it may help you

Zoe, you said your kid was upset because of the shouting but you came out of the ground going off your head and swearing constantly infront of your kid.

Surely that's a bit of a contradiction there!

Photo of one protester with the D.E.R.R.I.C.K. placard, imteresting the Racist tag.

Is that the infamous "Nigger in a bolthole" comment made at a supporters club meeting or does it refer to the " I wouldnae tell that joke to a Darkie" comment at pre season game July 2004?

Neither accepatable from a Chairman nor anyone for that matter, nor punished I beleive.

Are Fife Council and The SFA not big on this sort of thing?

Oy zoe , jist gan tae Jumpin Jacks fae noo on girl !!!!

yer gettin the pish ripped oot oh ye !

ye need tae buy yer bairn a dolly in a gers or celts strip ah think.

Haw Zoe

If ye werent shagging Davie Hamilton would you have the same attitude.

He is part of the problem, frankly we dont listen to the birds our davie is balling

Zoe, I doubt a 3 year old child can recognise the difference between a small group of supporters showing their annoyance at the chairman a few hundred yards away, and a few hundred showing their annoyance at losing a goal by swearing and shouting offensive language towards players. I'm sure the second option would be slightly more frightening.

Zoe,you have made a complete arse of yourself.You are pissed off because of the abuse directed towards the Board and someone else...nothing more,nothing less.
To bring a 3 year old into this is quite simply disgraceful.

Grow up lass.

Zoe,

I am coming from the angle of a mother of 2 kids under 3 yrs old.

It has been well publicised on this forum and reported in the EFM about continuing protests against the current regime. I, as a mother, am well aware of this and am under no illusions about the present circumstances. Therefor, I would never even consider taking my child to a game.

Now, onto the protest. It was OUTSIDE the ground. If your 3 yr old was in the ground and was very, very upset by shouts of 'BROONY, BROONY, BROONY, OUT, OUT, OUT' from the outset of the game, then I would expect that you, as the mother, would have removed her from the situation immediatley. Did you?

I, as a mum would have.......
1. never put my baby in that position given the current climate.
2. never have taken my baby to the game if he was scared of a distant crowd shouting about a person that was (or wasn't) a relation/close personal friend.
3. removed my baby IMMEDIATELY instead of hanging around until the end of the game to shout at protestors for the state my baby was was in.

Now, does that make me a better person than you?

Ladyfan

Dont bother, she is a wee slapper that Davie Hamilton wiz shagging, our esteemed EX EX EX Vice Chairman

To be fair, I think it was when the protestors went in to the ground that the kid got a fright.

That said, I'd also add four more points to your post

(4) As someone in your position why on earth did you post on here?

(5) GoF, just as an observation, if you don't know this person why does she know so much about you? That's freaky!

(6) Know it's already been said, but... Why on earth are you taking a three year old in to pubs?

(7) Ladyfan - why you not in bed???!!!

Zoe Zoe Zoe Can you know just shut up the bairn was a wee bit frightend but up in the bar she was fine. Don't you think you are making yourself look silly. Yes you lost your job as barmaid yes you were going with Dave Hamilton yes you bring your daughter to the games, but be relistic you only come to the games to try and intimidate some people. It wasn't that long ago you were upset with the board so why have things now changed are you back seeing Mr Hamilton.Do you think you have done yourself any favours here.You have not got the mentality to go under another name but you use your real one.Do you really bother about your self dignity I don't think so. As for me I am a little bit concerned about the way you swear & shout in the vicinity of your daughter.The boys at the protest never done any harm. I would like to congratulate them on their peaceful protest. Well done and long may it continue.

ZOE are you the same caring mother that constantly forced your lovely 3year old, to stand amongst the life threatening smokers, who are deemed too dangerous to be allowed to SMOKE in the stand! Typical of D H offspring, DOUBLE STANDARDS .Do your 3year old a favour and take her to MACDONALDS in future. SACK THE BOARD(daddy included)

Zoe. I do feel sorry if your girl was upset. I am a parent myself and used to take my son and daughter to all games, home and away. My daughter's first game was up at Forfar. We were in the stand and when Forfar scored she was frightened and burst into tears when the forfar fans all stood up and roared to celebrate the goal. That is what happens at matches Zoe.
I was there protesting outside the entrance when you came out. Let me say this Zoe. I am hurt that for the first time in my time as a Fife supporter [40years] that i have not paid to get in. What we are doing is trying to save the club from being dragged further down by this idiot that is ruining our club. If we succeed, your girl when she is older will have a more succesful club than they are now and she can look back to these days and think that we were right in what we did.

Zoe, you say "my girl knows the difference between a happy atmosphere and an aggressive atmosphere". Well why was she ever allowed into a pub to watch an old Firm game.

You couldn't find a more intimidating, hateful, bigotted and poisonous atmosphere than that.

your having a laff..........!

When I was 4, I went to my first game (DUFC V Killie) and there was a bloody riot at half time. Never put me off, bairns are sturdier than you think. She probably has forgot about it already, and as for having a rant about it, have you not got anything better to do? Away and find your clitoris, and put a smile back on your face!

Zoe, I am a father of a four year old girl who i have brought up since she was born with my partner.She has been frightened in some situations in her life but i have always managed to comfort and reasure her that things are ok .What i saw on saturday by your display in front of your daughter was more likley to get her more upset.Children become very distressed when they see a parent upset or lose control (as you did ).The most important thing in your life is your child. Now by coming out at the end of the game ranting at protesters i hope you werent trying to use your daugters distress to discredit the protest.Now that would be a step to far !!!!!. Take the we girl to something she would love as mentioned in previous posts.Not to the football where even adults are sitting freezing. regards DD

That last post was not me i never take my child into pubs especialy not for matches like that i was merely airing my grievance about whent the protestors came into the ground shouting f***ing brown out that was when she got the fright i myself didnt even know that was going to happen

Wrong Zoe, the chants had no swearing in them.

Down with Brown and Broony Broony Broony Out Out Out!

Hardly scary stuff, but I accept that at New Bayview devoid of any atmosphere for ages, your daughter may have got a fright.

Someone's using your computer then zoe cos all of the posts under your name, and the one for anon, have come from the same computer.

Some of the chants in the away end did include swearing, but none of the ones outside featured any swear words to my recollection. we were very careful about that.

thats hilarious! wonder if shes been told to try and come on and disown her comments?

Just a quick message of solidarity from a Morton fan. Hopefully Brown will do the decent thing soon. It doesn't sound like he is the man who would be best suited to running EFFC. His antipathy towards the Trust movement is nothing short of disgraceful.

Good luck!

Zoe, you say a "minority group" of fans. I've got to disgaree with you there - did you see the reaction, and participation of most of the home fan's when the protesters entered the stadium? The support to the anti-brown cause is far from a minority viewpoint.

Well done to those who took action on Saturday.

And Well done to Dave Marshall for coming out and speaking to fans after the game. A dificult task no doubt, given that emotions were running high - what a way to spend your wedding anniversary!

Zoe your comments are absurd,

If your child cannot attend an event such as a football match where it is often hostile then as a parent it is up to YOU to avoid putting her in this position

The fans were doing no harm and were in no way threatening to anyone,

for fuck sake i seen a 2 year old on the mound
joining in with chants of
"out out out"

Zoe do yourself a favour and and dont come on this "real" fans site posting aload of pish.

if the kid gets upset at a small thing like this, keep
him away from the match,

simple realy, a shame cause i found you quite hot looking but with an attitude like yours i think a'd rather hump ma dog in fear of you actually opening that big gub of yours.

now fuckoff and soend your saturdays doing housework and getting the ARSEHOLES dinner ready.

BROWN BROWN BROWN, OUT OUT OUT
and take the mut with you.