Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today`s protest

Please accept this post as a constructive view on the protest and hopefully will contribute to any future protests?

Although the numbers looked good today can I comment from a supporter within the ground the protest looked small and very quiet from inside the ground! The only real impact that seemed to rock the board was when you entered the stadium 15 minutes from the end. With this in mind can I suggest that the next protest should be conducted in the stadium from the kick off? I am sure this would encourage other supporters to join in the verbal protest required to highlight the concerns we have with the current board.

I look forward to your comments on my view.

Re: Today`s protest

Why not join them from inside if so desired, do not cast a comment unless you wish to help!!!

Would like to help if it's done from within, but please give players the support they deserve, after all it's not they're fault Brown's a Clown

Alan

I take your comments the way they're intended.

The way the stadium is set up it is difficult for noise to carry to and from both areas. A big disadvantage for us, but a good advantage for Derek.

Coming in to the stadium certainly made the biggest impact and this was an intention all along, but I personally cannot justify giving DB £9 so cannot do this from the start every week.

Others may not feel like this and for them, then that is an good way to protest and voicing of concerns in the ground will have a bigger impact.

We will hopefully see signs of this next week at Arbroath.

Eastfife8950, you twat! “Do not cast comment unless you wish to help” exactly why I made a comment!!! Were you one of the 40 who made the effort? If so I am sure you would appreciate any constructive views that would help for the future?

Sit down and shut up.

P.S. Thanks GOF for your comments

Alan, I appreciate where you're coming from.

I was giving my £9 week in week out to the DB pension fund but boycotted the bar and pie stall.

A post a few weeks ago made me think. We are still propping up the rotten regime that is presided over by Herr Broon, and will remain for as long as he is cash fed week after week (or fortnight as the case may be). Therefore I made a conscious decision to boycott home games totally in the hope that a cash starved rotten regime would be forced o back down, I firmly beleive that this is the only way, and have former board members who agree.

Browns backers are losing patience big style. Their investment!! is worth Jack Shit at the moment.

Vive La Resistance!

Just an observation:

Something the mound protestors will have missed as they were congregating outside reception at the end, DB was soundly criticised as he walked down the stairs near the end of the match, the criticism coming from sections of the crowd who have so far been sitting rustling sweetie papers. These are long standing fans, many of whom are season ticket holders. Positive reinforcement of the actions taken by those who stay outside and I'd suggest far more worrying to the recipient of the criticism. Just don't expect everyone to follow the mound line of attack.

Fans can pay their £9 all they wish if they are giving stick to Brown! We need all fans to pull together.

Fair play to the home fans who applauded us as we entered the away end and gave Brown abuse! We need the whole support to do it though!

The majority of fans are agaisnt him and he knows it.I would bet that some of the pay ins will be joining us next home game,given the response we recieved.
What we can`t do is rest on our laurels.We must continue and even look at other ways of protesting.

BTW,Jim Paterson will be back next week.

Accepted. I would say on behalf of the protesters that we did appreciate some of the die hard season tkt holders stand up and applaud us when we entered the ground, and boycotting is not for everyone.

eastfife8950, seems to be making a lot of noise on any string to night. Never even heard from him b4 FANNY.....

Rossco's spot on.There were alot o guys booing and shouting abuse at the man when he started walking down the steps.Talking to the few at the game today,there seems little dought that there fed up wi Brown.Some,although, were saying stuff like,"when we start winning,they'll be back"I don't think so.This is not "glory hunters" were talking about here.Its your diehard fans,season ticket holders,guys that er there through thick un thin.The last thing i want ti do is have a sare throat,get stressed oot aboot a man that wares a suit.But this is what happened the day!!I feel,if Broon is not removed from the chair,E.F.F.C will die quiker than anyone expects.I say to the directors of the club."Vote him off.He has done it to others,NOW its his turn.You owe him nothing,do NOT feel guilty,the fans are behind you"!!!!

Why don't we leaflet fans LEAVING the matches?

Dear East Fife supporter
Please allow us to explain our actions today.
blah blah blah

For the sake of the long term future of East Fife,
we ask you to join in our protests against the current regime, and refrain from attending matches until our concerns are resolved.

phone number
aftn.co.uk
efst.co.uk or whatever it is

Tell you wot cannonbawbag billy if you were at the game it will be only because you had a COMP AGAIN so you can shut your puss and yes i was on the mound and you were not

Cannonbaw, does not bother me if you do not know me or not. I can post when I want so P!!! O!! W!!!!r.

I doubt that shouting at the CLOWN from inside the stadium will have much effect - he has such an ego and is so far up his derrier he would just laugh it of - and if the money is still coming in what does he care.

Normally I'd agree with that Mike, but I was sitting yards from DB when the protesters came in the away end and he was visibly shaken. A shift occurred today, there's no question.

As a season ticket holder i elected to attend the game yesterday ( Derrick already has my money up front but won't have it next season ) but sympathise with the boycott brigade. Have thought seriously of publicly returning my season ticket to Derrick at the next home game. Alternatively i could give my ticket to someone willing to pay in and then join the mound. Don't know what would be most effective. I'll wrestle with my move for the next two weeks before deciding on my course of action. Feel the first option would be best for most impact

Actually to clarify my post above, I don't mean to suggest he thought you were all gonna jump the fence and kick his arse, I just mean he had the look of a man who realised you can only put on a front for so long, a man who realised this thing has gotten serious. The first cracks were starting to show.

Looks like you got me mixed up wi someone else Resistance fighter. A wiz on protesting u like eastfife8950 TOSSER

NO u were not now hamish

Enough of this petty slagging, take a look at yourselves. Take a look at the bigger picture.

Quite right purple cat i apoligise profousley for my childish inuendos and promise to be an from now on. but he wasnt on the mound

Obviously I wasn't there if I'm not in the country. Don't know who else is using my name

Come on then gof is the real cannonbawbilly telling the truth or covering his tracks i wait in suspence heres a clue check the cannon baw posts and the real cannon baw posts and ip address then we will solve the mystery because even i know he wasnt on the mound (i smell shite)

IF he got a comp for the mound thats a diffrent story he would have been there

Itake it then the real cannonbaw billy you are in an internet cafe abroad or have your lap top with you intresting

FFS, does it really matter??

If itz the hamish that a thinkit is. hez been in the states for a while, But how gives a shit!!

Yes Important that the other events happening at the club are in no way anything to do with players.

There are some good young players at Bayview, just need the helping hand from a good manager

Nah nah purple cat if he can throw insults and claim to be there (which i reckons he wasnt and is now running scared as he is lying allegedly ) cannon baw billy should prove he is innocent or shut his stupid girlie fag smokin puss. well im waiting cannonbaw prove it

And my client has given me evidence to prove you wrong now carefull what you say

Hey petrocelli, long time no speak or see!!. So you know me and I now you, and surely it dosn't matter what kind of fags a smoke. Because that's my choice .I also believe that I can't smoke them in Bayview now so that is another eason for not attending. I wasn't at the game yesterday and haven't been at many this season for various reasons. How ever I NEVER put the entry on the form under the name of Canonbaw Billy. In fact this is probably the first time I have read the form for month's. I wouldn't have been on it today if it hadn't been for that fact that there is a foot of snow where I am. So I had nothing else to do. See you when I'm home!!!

Ha Ha got uz aw fightin now. Just like Aw want