Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dave Marshall

Well done to Dave for having the guts to come out and face the fans yesterday. One thing he said that i didn't understand was the statenebt regarding the £1'000 all the directors had to pay recently to save the club. I thought we had a net profit of £70'000. Please clarify Davie what you meant?
I was part of the protest, i am not interested in the politics of this, i just want a team on the park that i can support with pride with a wee bit of hope for the future. If as stated the club are struggling again financially to the degree that you said Dave, then tell us. We can help in that department. Why should six directors pay £1'000 from their own pocket when the trust have that money waiting to give to the club, something wrong here. Is it that DB does not want to go on record as being saved by trust money? If we are in such a state i will help with trying to raise money through fund raising as i am sure many other genuine fans will. Tell us and we can try to help.
Something Dave said that i totally agree with is the far too personal attacks on individuals. The photo on the website was degrading for Mr Moffat for example. The exposure Dave Hamilton got regarding his personal life was also over the top.
If we want to progress with our protest, yes, we were right in what we did yesterday, but let' keep our dignity and start to be seen as protesters trying to get Db out and a team on the park we can start to follow again.
Think about it, none of us are angels. We wouldn't accept attacks on Trust members personal lifes or supporters club members, so let's just keep it simple and let us be known only for trying to do something positive and not be known for vicious personal attacks.

Re: Dave Marshall

I was referring to when the Millenium Club members paid that amount each some time back,Fifeyboab.

Dave, can the club really afford to lose £400+ on lost revenue at every home game?

It's sad to see on here of all the protest posts but hardly any mention of the team performance. Surely, this hurts you, Dave? You have been a fan all of your life not Derek. This is YOUR club like all of the fans who either pay to enter or boycott the games.

This hurts like hell that OUR club is being ruined by 1 man Dave, just 1 man! If nothing is done you must realise that YOUR club is going to die. We need someone to stand up to him and whoever it is will get the full backing from the supporters.

We all want to get back to getting behind the team and see us climbing the leagues as it will not happen with Derek as chairman. You obviously know him more than me, but he seems to have little ambition and holds the lifeblood of the club - the fans, in utter contempt.

C'mon Dave we need you and fellow directors to stand up to him and make a change.

Hardly anyone cares that East Stirling beat us yesterday. The club is going backwards and you know yourself why this is.

You are not happy with the situation as you explained to us. What are you going to do then? The crowds will not return with Derek as chairman.

Couldn't agree more, never agreed with the personal stuff, and felt sorry for Moffat (contraversial I know) as I felt he may have had Brown pulling the strings behind the scenes, no budget etc. Mind you, he did have to go in the end.

Even Cowdenbeath have more ambition than us. It's a total disgrace

I don't really think the Moffat pic was too harsh, put it this way i've seen far worse, but I certainly agree that we need to distance ourselves from personal attacks on people (on the forum and elsewhere), at the end of the day our protest is for the good of EFFC, we have identified the problem which is Derrick Brown, we want him OUT and we need to stay focused on that.

Pointless personal attacks on guys like Dave Marshall, Davie Hamilton (whatever you might think of them) are never going to further our cause one bit, we should not get involved at any cost.

For the record, I also appreciate Dave Marshall having the guts to come and speak to us Yesterday, we are counting on you to get this idiot out of our club and we can all get back to supporting a team that is moving upwards, from the stand and not the mound in the freezing pissing rain.

I hope this can be achieved before the season is out, that way the club can be in a fantastic position to bring in a new manager that will get us out of this stinking league and put a team on the park that we can be proud of.

I agree the really personal attacks have to stop.

The abuse Fifer Dov got was OTT.

Dave Marhsall's family are now getting abuse, as has Dave over the months, but he's still man enough to face us.

And Davie Hamilton's private life has fuck all to do with anything as this is a football forum primarily, although it's hard to think that just now! This could be helped in itself by not having inflammatory comments posted by people connected to him though.

Don't agree about the Moffat pic, but we'll agree to disagree there. And the Brown abuse is justified when we keep it to the football and capability level.

Yes, i could delete these posts when they appear on the forum but won't - freedom of speech and all that, which I'm very big on.

If folk want to posts these comments then they can, within reason obviously, but it's helping nothing and hindering lots.

We have to keep focussed, stop arguing amongst ourselves, welcome those on board that want to still go but support us and are making their feelings known inside the ground, accept that some people won't support us at all and get on with the main job in hand - getting rid of the most despised man in East Fife history.

We will win this and we will do so with the moral high ground.

This seems a great thread. Maybe it would be useful to have a charter (if that's not too w*nk).

The one thing that will destroy the power of the protest is if the Club/Brown etc are given excuses to disregard it.

For example, personal attacks on individuals, swearing etc as discussed above might do more harm than good to the cause.

If everyone sticks to an agreed agenda, it might help.

Of course, we should still beware - the other side may infiltrate (there's some suggestion they might be doing this already) by pretending to be protestors and doing stuff to damage the cause.

If this is worth doing, it might include remembering what the objective is - I take it the objective is the long-term well-being of East Fife and all who sail in her?

Those who are calling for an end to personal abuse are quite right. But there is a case to answer here. Unless I am missing something, the point of the protest is to remove Brown. Supporters who are either on the mound or staying away have made the choice not to give Brown their attendance money. This is having an effect, as we learned yesterday when a director pled poverty. But at the same time as some fans are doing the only thing within their power to effect change, other 'supporters' are doing voluntary club to help Brown.

I can almost understand why supporters want to do their bit and enjoy an association with their team, even if that amounts to no more than cutting the grass. But trying to 'live a dream' only ensures we all continue to live a nightmare.