Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
How much didn't you spend yesterday because of Brown?

Money is the only thing that the current board seem to care about as their first duty is to the shareholders after all

How about a running total of the money that DB cost the club by making people stand on the mound or stay away altogether?

For me, I didn't spend £9 to get in because of Brown

I'm sure if we all posted what we didn't spend after every home game, it would be thousands at the end of the season and DB couldn't deny that he is directly responsible for it.

Re: How much didn't you spend yesterday because of Brown?

£12.00 including pie n half-time draw.

£9 entry fee
£1 Programme
---
£10

Entrance fee £9.00
Program £1.00
1/2 time draw £1.00
Pie/Bovril £1.40
2xpints after game £4.40
Large whisky/coke for the road. £3.20

£20:00

Price of not getting in - £18 (for me and the missus)
Price of food/drink at ground not bought - £10
Price of pub lunch at the crusoe to bribe said missus - £15
total not going to the club and going to the mound - £28
The look on Broons puss when everybody piled into the away end and started shouting at him - priceless

£9 gate money, £1 pie, £1 programme, £1 half time draw, possibly a few pints up the stairs so stick another £8 on.

about £20

Gate money £9
Pie and Bovril £1.50
2 Pints £4
Half time draw ticket £1
Programme £1

£16.50 all done then.

Neil Rankine will be oh so pleased with his puppet and the money he is now losing every home game. Reduction in pocket money for young Twigg methinks!

£10 for me for admission and pie.

I did buy a programme, but my collection's quite bare this season and it's nice to read the thoughts of the Chairman, which don't seem to change much each programme!

Eugene you said you would spend £12 £9 to get in £1 for 50/50 draw ticket that makes £10. So I assume you eat 2 PIES.

I reckon in excess of £90 per match. (Myself, Wilma and Graeme).

A very conservative £5000 per season on hospitality.
This does not include the monies spent on merchandise, half time tickets, signed ball etc by my invited guests.

Match ball sponsorship, merchandise, sponsorship of players meals on away trips, say £500 per season.

In total last year and this: £15,000-16,000

And of course my time as a professional accountant which I have given freely of in the past.

I also know of at least one other professional businessmen who would be willing to act as I do but not under the current regime.

Just a thought!

Does anybody know the position of Adam Smith College and Pinpoint? These guys are paying fairly big bucks for the association with EFFC.THese monies may also be at risk.

Eh Caroline, what I wrote was: "£12.00 including pie n half-time draw."

So I could be buying 2 half time draw tickets!

Or Two Pies Eugene

Eugene,why weren`t you at the protest?

Good question.

gate reciept = 0 as he always get a comp threw his work
h/time pie = 0 as he get fed upstairs h/time threw his work
refreshments = 0 as he turn up at 2.55pm
programe /h/time dtraw = 0 as i throw them a deafy

but the club would shut down if it wasnt for supporters like

Sorry Eugene din't think you would eat 2 pies you being the slimmer of the year n all that.

I wasn't at the protest because a combination of moving house and no being very weel at the moment.

May not manage Arbroath but hope to do so.

since I had to check an IP address for another matter there, checked this out for you lads and i can confirm that it was in fact the janitor who was posting all along.

and he'd have gotten away with it too if it hadn't have been for you pesky kids

GoF I'm confused. I'm pretty sure I'm not a janitor but then who knows the longterm effects of exotic products consumed in the sixties!