Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stevie Fortune

Just wondering what everyones opinions are on the young lad?

Heard really promising things about him, sounds like he could play at a really high level if he continues to develop!

Re: Stevie Fortune

I think the lad has a good future if he is not pushed too hard over the next coming months,The season is over for us now ,he is a good prospect for the future,This is my opinion and mine alone

Has potential and may shine under a new manager as Moffat forgot that we had a midfield.

Congratulations to Stevie not only on being selected for the Scottish Schools Under 18's but also for being made Team Captain. Well done Stevie !!

My concern is that the new manager goes for experience for the sake of youth. When Steve plays he shows more passion than any other player. This is both a compliment for him at 17 and an embarrasment for the older,more experienced players. Already Greig Shaw has taken the safe approach by dropping him last saturday, playing Kelly in midfield who had a nightmare. One game a week is not too much for anyone let alone a 17 year old!

Andy,what`s your views on who you would like as the new manager?

From what I've seen this season, which admittedly hasn't been much of late, Stevie was coming on leaps and bounds and should be a cert for Young Player of the Year and there's not many others you could put before him for the actual Player of the Year.

If we get a manager who wants to play passing and attacking football then he will shine in our team.

What's the odds of him being punted for a quick buck though?

He is a very good player, gaining in confidence and now believing he has a right to be in the team. as his experience develops and he 'shouts' a wee bit more I am sure he will turn into a top class player.
I do think the schoolboys had the right idea making him captain.

Steven is a cracking young player, one which will go further than East Fife. Someone said he'll be punted for a quick few bucks but is'nt that what all small clubs do?

Over the years I'd say that East Fife have done better then most in the transfer market, makes you wonder what happened to all that cash when you consider their success in this department against other lower league teams.

Stephan has no intention of going anywhere for quite some time. He intends to go to university in the summer at either Dundee or St Andrews (accepted for both)so East Fife allows him to further his education and play football at a decent level. At present his contract expires in the summer but we hope to resolve this soon. Also he is a fan, when he played on a Sunday, he spent Saturday watching the Fife both home and away so loyalty does come into it. p.s. he doesnt know Im writing this!

Alan

You have just made my day. To think there is someone out there wearing the black and gold with such pride almost brought tears to my eyes.

Welcome news and has not half cheered me up after this disasterous campaign goes from bad to worse.
Sounds a level headed laddie with a level headed father well done.

Alan,

Do you know Stevie goes drinking in Kittys. Tut Tut!

With a bit of luck he might play in a half-decent Fife team then(one day soon hopefully !)

Very heartening to read that.

Just to explain what I was meaning about punted for a quick buck was that the Club might look at a way to make money by selling him as he'll be one of the few assets they can make money on at this rate.

So he may get asked to go whether he wants to or not, with the old "it's for the good of the club" line to make him feel guilty!

You should certainly be proud of your son Alan and he's definitely a black and gold legend in the making.

I believe young Fortune has an excellent future ahead of him, and hope that he continues to turn out for East Fife for a while yet. Well done young lad.

One of the few bright spots on the horizon. Definately has the potential to go further, but being a East Fife fan hopefully he will stay with us for a while longer.

Fantastic news, thanks for that AF

He's a good player and I hope he'll go far.