Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
meeting

meeting on the 2oth at Bayview its on the web site

Re: meeting

Heard about this today and was just about to post before the official site had it up!

I also know who 'In The Know Is' and has had contact with a certain board director.

"The Directors of East Fife FC are pleased to announce that following the recent requests they have agreed to hold a meeting with all interested supporters on Monday 20th February at 6.30pm within the lounge at First 2 Finance Bayview Stadium."

Sounds interesting.

I think we can assume that there will be a new manager announcement by this time to try and deflect some attention from D'ick.

I wont be able to attend due to work but broon will still be saying "confidential" and "no comment" The last meeting at Bayview in dec i told broon why i wont be comeing back he just shrugged his shoulders this man doesnt care what any of the fans think hes on a 1 man mission of self importance if/when we get rid of this idiot this loyal fan of 50 years will be scurrying about for a new club just like last time when he went to cowdenbeath loyal fan my fuckin arse! and he trys to tell the real fans what to do fuck off broon! broon has had 2 years to change things but it has steadily got worse and as in a previous post leapords dont change there spots.

MAKE BROWN HISTORY

So, there are protests telling him to GTF and he reckons people have been asking to meet him again.

HA HA HA HA

Now, is there not a resolution coming up to boot him oot o' the trust?

Protests, potential expulsion fae trust and a meet the muppet show. Deflection anyone, or do I just have a suspicious mind.

Wots everyine doing on the 20th??

When have any of us said we want a meeting with Brown?

We want him out.

Let's turn the heat up on Saturday and keep it going at this meeting.

Make him realise he needs to stand down or make the rest of the Board realise they have the option to get rid of him.

Down with Brown.

Very very strange situation.

Brown calls a meeting (as GoF said, nobody has asked for one) but waits until after the EFM has gone to print to do so.

Is this so that very few people turn up, and he will then go to the mail and say "we had a meeting, naebdy came, naebdy is interested!"

I feel as supporters we will need to put at least some preperation together (albiet at very short notice), if not there will end up being a handful of us sitting speechless as Derrick refuses to comment on our questions and then goes on to tell us how he saved the club, how he's been an EF fan for 2000 years and slag of anyone who was Chairman previous to him.

This from a Chairman who has said he doesnt bow to pressure!! Funny that only 1 month since the meet the board and manager we have another meeting and only 9 days after the protests at Bayview.

Just a huge coincidence then!

BLACK AND GOLD NOT BROWN

"a handful of us sitting speechless "

Could you explian this new word, "speechless" please. I've never heard of it.

Its only us normal mortals who use the word "speechless" Eugene.

I met a gorgeous bird at the weekend, I mean real class, lovely face, long legs, huge kazams. Gave her my best chat just on the off-chance she might go for it, and would you believe it, she says yeah she wants to meet me.

Well, actually she told me to f*ck off, but I'm going with D'icks interpretation.

aint goin 2 no meetin
brown out
brown out
brown brown brown out out out

Let's hope it's good news that's going to be announced!

Maybe he just wants to say goodbye

think everyone should wear t'shirts
with brown out on them

The Trust board have cancelled their meeting on Monday to attend Bayview.

We will have questions to ask as individual supporters and as Trust reps/shareholders.

Please have the bar open. I am always chokin for a pint around that time!!!!

On the official website it says "THE DIRECTORS" DOES THIS MEAN THAT OTHER DIRECTORS WILL BE AVAILABLE TO ANSWER QUESTIONS? IN FACT, DOES MISERABLE LOOKING DAVIE HAMILTON EVEN SPEAK?

Do you think Dave Marshall has got us this meeting?

At the protest on Saturday a lot of us did say we wanted to speak to Brown and Dave replied 'I will see what I can do'.

Going to be interesting either way!

Well said Joe. We can't criticise the board for not communicating with us and then ignore them when they do!!

You never know it might be good news!!

Davie Hamilton was seen recently dancing at Brannigans. Pity Brown couldn't dance like that, right out the door!