Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Should we boycott meeting?

Why should we all rush to turn up to a meeting announced by Derrick Brown? we did not ask for a meeting.

Re: Should we boycott meeting?

Always a difficult one to call.

We know he's calling the meeting for his own purposes, whatever these may be but we also know that if there's a low turnout it allows him to claim we're not interested.

I think on balance I'll go if only to express my views on whatever it is he's going to say.

Meant to add that the notice iof the meeting breaks all the conventions re timing, content, participants and purpose but I suppose that's no surprise.

Been pondering whether we should boycott it as well I have to say.

Tough one.

Agree with what Eugene says as well, in that he can use it for his PR and say the fans didn't bother turning up, but at the same time we have never asked for a meeting.

Of course we could all turn up and if it's all going to be as exepected all just get up and walk out (to chants of "Down With Brown"), which would be very dramatic.

We could even just send one representative and they could walk out if no suitable responses are received.

On the other hand letting the papers know we're boycotting would get over the message we want before he can do anything.

Guess we have to ask what we'd be hoping to achieve from such a meeting. The last two have been a pretty much waste of time. If he's not going to tell us he's standing down, which he won't be, we'll achive nothing. We can tell him how he feels, but can't see that make an iota of difference and if he doesn't know that already then he must be denser than we thought he was.

Although he does seem to have thought we've be protesting for a meeting....

More questions than answers there I know but we need to debate this both here and on Saturday and do what's right.

I would say those who should go should go. Not because i believe anything will solved or that he will answer anything, its just if no one goes he will have an upper hand by claiming that fans don't want dialogue they only want protest. Obviously this claim is utter rubbish but thats the way he will use it. We can also use the meeting to our advantage by telling him that the protests continue untill A.) He leaves or B.) He dramatically changes his ways. If the other board members are present they will realise the resolve of the fans and perhaps get thinking on whether Mr Brown is the best person to chair the club.

That opening sentence should say could rather than should. Still half sleeping.

question b should not be considered brown must go,he must resign as chair person, I don't even want him on the board he would still be pulling the strings, the chairman should be someone like Andy Hain Dave Marshall or Ian Johnston, we must discount the rest,or we will have betty or dave hamilton and that would be no better than him

The boycott was set up to get broon out,and that is the way it will stay..........

MAKE BROWN HISTORY!!

I think you have to go and act with a degree of civility, keep yourselves in the right and give Brown no chance to decry the protesters as "an extremist minority" (I know that's not the case).

I suspect that the meeting is so that the board can claim to be listening to fans. Listening is one thing - following up with action is another.

Hope you guys aren't going to buy drinks in the lounge.
Derrick's just havin' the meeting to bolster the bar takings after Saturday's miserable takings.
CHEERS!!!

Makes not a jot of difference whether the fans actually called for this meeting or not, what matters is that as many who protested and sympathised at the East Stirling game turn up and make their point known.

This is an ideal opportunity to call for Derricks head (unless of course that is the purpose of the meeting, to announce his resignation).

This is the time to challenge the board, not just Derrick(unless he is speaking for them all again).

This is the time to question the nisterious non appearance of their "business plan", muted back in September.

This is a chance to question the blatant lies and biased guidance towards the shareholders at the AGM reagrding the vote for the trusts shares.

This is the opportunity to question the legality of such an action and that of already appointed scrutineers and in light of the appointment of Willie Gray, the new procedure for getting shares and getting elected onto the board.

This is above everything else the opportunity for Derrick to admit he is a failure and to unveil his successor and the successor to Jim Moffat and to unveil a blueprint for success. One which primarily involves a set up involving all fans regardless of status, religion, colour etc in the running of our club to achieve the aim of a successful team on the pitch backed by a large passionate support.

Not too much to hope for is it?

There is absolutely no chance of Brown resigning in front of the people who are calling for his head.It is also highly unlikely that any new Manager will be unveiled.From what I`ve heard,there hasn`t even been any interviews yet.
In my opinion,this meeting looks to be a result of the protesters "chat" with Dave Marshall.If so,then at least Dave is trying to help matters.
My only fear is that it will be on the same lines as the last meetings,but I have a sneaky feeling that something positive is going to happen on Monday.

There is disharmony amonst the Directors (or Director)with regards to what is happening at present.
Until we hear anything,the protests MUST continue.We have all come this far together..Let`s all be united in saving the future of OUR club...East Fife FC.