Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Willie Gray

Willie Gray has confirmed today that he is trying to buy East Fife and is looking to get as many shares as he can.

He sees East Fife's position to be in the Premier League and with the right investment feels we can get there.

He will be at the meeting on Monday as well, so can perhaps answer any questions or concerns the fans may have.

Where this leaves Derrick of course is still unknown.

If he was to still remain Chairman then he will have no power and the fans will still stay away. If he claims to be the East Fife fan that he says he is then he should know that by standing aside and down now will be in the best interest of the Club's future.

Derrick refused to comment on the issue today, before then hanging up on our correspondent.

Personally, I feel we have to treat Willie Gray with a clean sheet. Forget what's gone on before at the Rovers and give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sure he'd like to get one up on the Rovers for starters and if his initial plans are backed up by investment and the removal of Brown then we can maybe start to get back to what we all want.

Peace, harmony and a winning team on the pitch.

Re: Willie Gray

All that and Stevie Kirk as manager

The first line there should be buy into East Fife. Not sure whether he said he wanted to buy the Club or not, but sure someone can confirm!

Heard from a good source that Willie Gray plans to be Chairman of East Fife by the start of next season. It would be great to replace Broon but the chances are he would still be around the place in one of his many other guises and representing the Club on SFA Council. To most fans this would still be unacceptable and wouldn't encourage the majority of 'stay away' fans to return or businesses to invest.

Well unless we have investment of Brookes Mileson proportions then I can't see the second line of GoF's post coming true in my lifetime.

I've known Willie Gray for several years, I'm sorry to say. I'm not an EFFC supporter but bear them no ill will, so hopefully you'll heed my words.

Willie HATES trusts - just ask the Raith Trust.

Willie HATES what he describes as "internet nerds" - just ask any Rovers fan that's ever attended a meeting where Gray has been shouting his mouth off.

Brown tongued Willie signed Claude Anelka against the wishes of the rest of the board in order to ingratiate himself to Rovers' hated former owners.

And don't get me started about betting against your own team etc

Quite a cv, and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

And he's a big pal of Derrick Brown's, so no matter what change may be about to be announced on Monday night, you can be sure that Derrick's being well looked after and won't really be going anywhere.

Aaah, just as I thought. We're fvcked.

"Brown tongued Willie"

Ooo er! Fnarr fnarr!! Yik yik yik!!!

well, I have to say, I have concerns over the future of east fife. I'm a Raith Rovers fan, unlike Mr Gray who is a 'shellik' fan.

this situation sounds very, very strange.

I wish you all the support you need in your fight.

your trust is your lifeblood, dont let it disolve.

If Willie Gray does hate trusts then he won't be too impressed with what went down at Arbroath. I can just see Brown pointing out the members of the trust that were involved in the protest

Wonder if he'll also point out the members of the supporters club and every other body that people chose to be in that were there. From what i can gather, the trust have never organised a protest so they cannae be blamed.

The whole point is that SUPPORTERS, regardless of which organisation they belong to, do not want that man in charge so GET IT RIGHT UP YE YA CLOWN.

He could pick out members of the trust all he wants. Just because fans are a member of the trust they can't do anything?

do you really think it matters that the trust didn't organise the protest, what matters is they will be getting the credid from brown for it. Think about it you clown (arse)

Aye, they will get the blame but the man has lost the very little credit that folks could give him by claiming to be the biggest supporter ever of the mighty Fife.

GO AHEAD LITTLE MAN, BLAME EVERY BUGGER ELSE AND DIG A FUCKIN HOLE FOR THE CLUB WHILE YOUR AT IT.

we are on the same page here, It doesn't matter what protests there are you can put money on it that Brown will be slating the trust by saying that they are behide it all it doesn't matter what the truth is.

We I can see it from both you guys point of view but I don't think it helps the Trust cause when some of the guys protesting were wearing EFST tammies.

I did think about wearing a hat with '' just a fan with no alegance to any organisation''emblazened on the front.

OK anon but try "allegiance".

Fair point Eugene now get your mum to button up your duffel coat and send you off to school

I don't think anyone that was in the stand or outside waiting on the bus were wearing tammies.

Onyhoo theres almost as many trust members as fans that go to home games so the chances of them being in the trust is pretty high.

As the Trust have in excess of 150 members, there is always a chance they may be at games

I was wearing an EFST tammy - primarily because it was cold though