Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
My contribution to the future of East Fife

Re: My contribution to the future of East Fife

ha ha ha ha....top prize for the shitiest post yet...Davie doesn’t deserve that....u brave enough to post ur real name?

Dave Marshall deserves all of the above. He is in a position to make a stand against Derrick Brown and has chosen not to do so. If East Fife go under because of Derrick Brown all of his assosciates(including Marshall) will be guilty and should be held in contempt by all real East Fife fans!
And just for the record I allways post under this name and am not trying to hide my identity. If it interests you to any degree my name is Steve Ramsay and I have supported East Fife all my life
BLACK AND GOLD NOT BROWN(Hamilton or Marshall)

Dont start slagging Davie Marshall he is the ONLY real fan on the board the only board member who will come up to you on a matchday and talk to any of the fans Davies hands are tied but he will still be doing all he can to get this mess sorted out and help on the departure of db

MAKE BROWN HISTORY!!!!!!

If Davie Marshall did try to make a stand, (god knows how he'd manage to do that) he'd be out on his arse, and that would be a great loss to East Fife. You obviously don't know the guy.

Hang on in there Davie, we're coming to save you!

BOLLOCKS! LETS SEE ON MONDAY NIGHT IF MARSHALL IS WITH US OR AGAIST. I BET HE SITS IN A CORNER BESIDE HAMILTON SHAKING!

Whatever you think of Davie he is an East Fife supporter and one of the few directors willing to communicate with us, I dont understand why people are making personal attacks on him when we should be concentrating on getting rid of Derrick Brown.

If Marshall is so EF through and through why does he remain on the board? Why not resign, call an EGM, or lead a board revolt to oust Brown? I rest my case' are freebies and blazers part of living the dream??

What influence will he have if he is off the board? How do you know he is not trying to get a revolt by the board against Brown?

How do we know he is???

I agree with ''go for it'' Though I'm not a fan of DM I think he's better on the inside than being on the outside shouting in. Don't forget he's the guy that has given the fans a chance to have their say on Monday night by listening and acting upon the protesters requests after the Queens Park game, don't blow it.

Like I say I'm not a fan of his but I'd take my hat of to him if I were wearing one.

P.S. I always thought he'd make a good board member, in all the years I've seen him at matches he's always been full of hot air.

I thought the protest wasn't to get personal so that we could keep the moral high high ground?

The protests at Arbroath did not slag off Mr Marshall. It was all directed towards Mr Brown.

I have met Dave Marshall and have to admit that he appears on the face of it to be a pleasent guy who is willing to talk to the fans. And I am also prepared to admit that im not fully aware of whats going on behind the scenes, but I dont think im alone in that. However if his hands are tied and he is unable to do anything positive by being on the board then why is he hanging around. Because if he does believe that Brown should go then in my opinion he should do the hounerable thing, resign and join the fans outside New Bayview next week.
BLACK AND GOLD NOT BROWN!

It's easy for us to say. Davie put a few quid into the club to get onto the board, and it must have been a dream of his for years. He will be hurting deeply over this. He's a quiet affable guy, I think we are asking a lot of him to stage some sort of one man revolution. Ché Guevara he aint.
Leave him alone, for fuck's sake! I haven't always agreed with him, but the man pisses black and gold paint.
He's about the only board member I'd keep.