Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
tonights disapointment

Just arived home after the meeting Brown refuses to stand down still, he says Moffat should have been sacked at xmas, but more sadly Davie Marshll stood up an d appologised for his part in bringing the club to it,s current unacceptable state. He then informed the meeting that at an earlier board meeting he put forward a motion of "NO CONFIDENCE IN THE DIRECTOR" but the other cowards on the board would not back him, so HE RESIGNED. WELL DONE DAVIE. I have srious concerns about WULLIE GRAY, he talks a load of p**h.

Re: tonights disapointment

No mention of the new manager then?

What else was said?

no announcement on manager for few weeks.

Basically the Board pay more than the fans do and there are fans that back Brown. Sadly no one in the room stood up to second that.

Brown and Gray's general feeling seems to be that if there is a winning team on the park then the protests will stop.

Brown also stated that "if you were a supporter you would be here supporting the team each week".

Just like we alwyas saw him do over the years.

What about the two silent DICKHEADS on either side of Brown tonight? they should be ashamed that they did not back Davie Marshall, shows thier true colours, FLY WITH THE CROWS, DIE WITH THE CROWS! THEY DESERVE TO BE FORCED OUT WITH BROWN!

Agreed!

That was there chance to show if the had any bottle. This now shows them up to be spineless cowards. They should be ashamed of themselves!

Sack the board. Down with cronyism. Down with nepotism. Down with Brown.

who where the two dickheads then let me guess dave diddy hamilton and kenny mackay or wiz it gray or did andy hain show his true colours at last

Davie Marshall deserves applause for standing up for the fans and asking Derrick to resign, it's just a pity that the rest of the board did not support him. At least he has the integrity and courage to do what the rest would not.

Derrick yet again did nothing to encourage supporters but felt obliged to mention several times his duty to the najor shareholders. So in effect fans can stay away from Bayview in their hundreds but as long as The Rogers 3 and Miss Twigg are happy with him he is going nowhere.

Stephen gave an opportunity for anyone who wished to support Derrick to stand up and say so, silence reigned.

That's another 1 1/2 hours of my life wasted then.

Not entirely wasted Stewart. You did set a new world recotrd for being the fastest person ever to get a row from DB at a meeting! I made 6.8 seconds.

So the boycott goes on???

Aye

F*ck aye!

DOWN WITH BROWN!

You bet it does. I have never known such anger amongst the fans.
We have come too far to stop now and I would plea to everyone to join the protest on Saturday.

Sack The Board.

it needs a letter in the EFM to encourage the protest.

ps.if the protest continues to grow where over 100 or more fans are on the mound then the major shareholders would have to act.

The Rodgers family are the ones who actually attend games, to the best of my knowledge Twigg does not. The Rodgers cannot be happy with this situation and with the prospect of even greater numbers protesting on Saturday they will surely come to their senses and withdraw support from Derrick.

Interesting that at the start of the meeting the press were barred from attending, didn't notice if Betty locked the doors though.

Were they really? On what grounds?
We should have created a stink about that...

I heard something along the lines of 'it wouldn't be fair' To who I don't know though!

Fucking wish I'd known that. That would have been my first question.
The little odious piece of shit!

Bob the builder'll hae the diggers oot again the morn. Mair expense Derrick!!! We could aye staund on the sea wa', 'e canny knock that doon kin 'e??

I would like to say SORRY to all the fans for being such a fu**ing tosser and pure coward for not standing up to DB, but I am really scared that he will tell secrets he knows about me. And my friend Kenny McKay a fellow tosser, please go easy on us on Saturday, because you don.t want to upset Zoe again!WHERES THE BIRDS?