Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dave Marshall Appreciation Thread!

Has been criticised in the past, but tonight he showed his true colours, which really are Black & Gold!

He deserved his standing ovation from the fans tonight for trying his upmost best to remove Brown from his post. Well done Dave for trying but hopefully we will see you with the protestors on Saturday! Once a fan always a fan!

Well done Davie, you have gained a lot of respect tonight and a heck of a lot of support from the fans. Always one of us!

BROWN MUST GO!

Re: Dave Marshall Appreciation Thread!

I have never doubted Davie's comitment to East Fife. In my opinion its a sad day when the only decent approachable member of the board has gone, as for "gaining a lot of respect tonight" hes always had mine...a damn fine guy who has been berated on these forums many a time...i hope a few of you will be man enough to appologise to a man who is truly an East Fife supporter through and through....you deserved that from all of us tonight.

BROWN MUST GO!

Just as I posted yesterday Davie is a great and honest guy

I'm sad for Dave, but look forward to seeing him back 'on the terracing'. Have missed his contribution to the banter.

Welcome back, Dave.

Davie is a credit to this club, he has taken a lot of undeserved abuse recently and I’m sure he has silenced everyone who doubted his commitment to this club by being completely open, honest and standing up for what he believes in.

Well done Davie!

That must have been a heartbreaking decision for Dave to make. The man put his retirement money into the club he loves to live his dream.

Derrick Brown and the rest of the spineless people on the board have turned it into a nightmare. I would be interested to know why Andy Hain wasn't at the meeting tonight. I suspect (although don't actually know) that he would have supported Dave in his motion.

For a man to sit in front of so many supporters and say that he feels partly responsible for the clubs' demise takes courage. Well done that man, you deserved your standing ovation.

As I said in another post Dave, you have my utmost respect.

I know how you feel about the Club and when you talked to us after the last home game you made it clear that the situation wasn't easy for you.

The way Derrick tried to have a go at you at one point this evening also showed the man for what he is.

As hard as I know it will have been for you, I know you made the right decision and you can sleep tonight with a clean conscience.

The rest of the gutless board on the other hand have just dragged themselves into the fans' anger and not only is it now Down With Brown, but as far as I'm concerned, it's also now Sack The Board time.

Dave,you are credit to yourself and your Family.

To the rest of the Board,Hamilton,Mackay etc,hang your heads in shame,you bunch of spineless cowards.

Sack The Board...Roll on Saturday.

Just back in the door. Davie Marshall is to be commended.
What a state we are in when Willie Gray seems to be the only genuine guy left on the board. I quite liked his honesty when he admitted that he wasn't very clever and knew nothing about East Fife, but can he really run a football club?

Dave you have done what any respectable man would have done, as for Hamilton, he is so far up Brown,s arse his feet are all you can see, and as for McKAY what a waste of rations, the only time he spoke was to say "I canny remember if we dicussed it or not" a total fanny. Both HAMILTON & McKAY ARE IN FOR STICK FROM HERE ON IN!

andy is in australia,on a months holiday.

Well done Dave. A proud and honourable man who is not frightened to stand up for his principles.

Dave, we all know how difficult a decision it must have been for you to resign from the Board as you are Black and Gold through and through. With the best interest of the Club at heart you have done what you thought was the right thing to do. You made a stand against Broon but obviously his puppets refused to back you and have shown their true colours.
I personally hope that in time you will be able to rejoin the Board and represent not only the shareholders but the supporters as well.
I think you have really gone up in many peoples estimation, but I for one am sad that it has come to the stage of the Board losing the one man who is in touch with reality at New Bayview. Thanks Dave

Nae doubt Derrick will still claim that he is "A bigger East Fife fan".

Well done Dave for trying to get rid of Brown. Hold your head up high!

Well done David Marshall stood up aganist the diktator and showed his true colours.I think all the people who have been on this website slagging him off for the past number of months should come out and apologise to Davie in face on Saturday.I have never doubted that he has not wanted the best for the club and coming out to face the fans agansit queens park proved that.There is no doubt on Saturday Davie will definetly get a terrific response form the fans at Bayview.Welcome back to the terrace/stand Davie.We will defeat Brown!!!!No man is bigger than our club. DOWN WITH BROWN!!!!!!!

Totally concur here.

Dave was completely cut up about what he had to do, but he knew, along with at least 90% of those present, that he had done the right thing.

Well done Dave, hopefuilly you will be back at some point in the future

I have found out that Gray is just as bad as Hamilton and Mackay,and he is backing Brown all the way,and I would not be surprised if that he had something to do with Daves resignation,SACK THE BOARD,SACK THE BOARD,SACK THE BOARD,DOWN WITH BROWN,BROWN MUST GO, THE BOARD MUST ALL GO NOW, NOT JUST BROWN.

Congratulations Dave Marshall, I apologise unreservedly for doubting you. Unfortunatly I can't be there on Saturday, but will apologise to you in person the next opportunity I get.

Tonight you have proved yourself to be a man of integrity and have gained my complete respect.
Thankyou!
SACK THE BOARD!

Well done Davy. I always knew you had the best intentions for the club in your heart and thought you could honestly be a bridge between the board and the fans. Glad you've discovered in time that you'd rather support the team than the so called " Directors" who couldn't give a toss about the team. Wish your retirement had turned out to give you more pleasure than it has. With even your best intentions you were being alienated from the people who'd supported the club with you through thick and thin.
Hope you and your extended family withdraw their free labour from now on, it won't help the club in the least as long as that "bar steward" is still chairman. He couldnae run a menage. Let him cut the grass and run the bar. Right enough there'll no be anybody in the bar on Saturday, he could just lock the door again.
See you on the mound Saturday, should be at least 100.
Once again, well done Davy you've showed you have real grit. We thought we'd lost you welcome back!!

I gave him pelters on a previous thread, but now I take it all back. How about apointing Dave Marshall as Hounorary President of the EFST? He could have sat back and lived a quiet life just like all the other spineless dickheads, but he showed his true colours and done what he thought was best for the club and not just himself. Well done Dave Marshall.

Well done Dave - as someone who the supporters can respect - and someone who knows how the CLOWN works - may I suggest you become the rallying point for the supporters regaining there club.

Well done Davie,that looked painful what you did last night but you know you have done it for the right reason,like i said in a previous post the fans are 100% behind you, maybe even see you on the mound on sat!

DAVIE MARSHALL
WE SALUTE YOU!

I'v known Davie for a very long time,and reading about his resignation has saddened me deeply.I hope alot ov the guys who know Davie for what he is, join the protest.Broon has now no one on board who the fans have any respect for.Its a very sad day for E.F.F.C.Hope to see you some time on Saturday Davie.All the best mate!!!

Well done davie i salute you.
I have to ask who would you want for chairman a sneaky wee lying rodent like db or a true honest gentleman and true fan like DAVIE MARSHAL.
Come on BROWN OUT and DAVIE MARSHAL IN

Davie hit the nail on the head last night we he said that the Board have failed the fans. He had the courage and strength to put his own ambitions aside and sacrifice 'the dream' for the well being of the club. After time for relection, I hope the remaining board members can follow Davie's lead and do the same.

Davie, I've no doubt it was a difficult and perhaps hurtfull thing to do - but it was the right thing, and I hope you can take comfort in that.

I think your actions this week have returned hope and pride to the fans of East Fife - WELL DONE

Again. Well done Dave. Agree about making him honorary president of the trust. Apologies for not talking to you at the legends afternoon Dave.

please ur making him sound like a god if u would only take a minute to listen to derek . deeko i salute u

I think the least all you two faced cvnts can do is buy the man a pint!

Well done Dave.
You did the right thing, it's just a shame it had to come to this. Victory will be ours.

Well Done Dave Marshall, i personally thought the slagging given to you was harsh but at least now you have answered the critics by showing that you are Black and Gold through and through and a TRUE supporter of East Fife FC. You will no doubt now always have the admiration of the fans as a man of honesty, dignity and integrity. Pitty the same can't even be begun to be said about the rest of the board.

I would like to humbly thank you all at this difficult and emotional time for Nan and me. I spoke to James of the EFM this morning and I am sure that he will express my thoughts in words better than I would at this time.All I will say that when it became a choice between what was right for me and what was right for East Fife the Club was going to win hands down.I again apologise for the part I have played in our decine and would again plead with Derrick to do the right thing and resign so that we can start to repair the damage.NO ONE IS BIGGER THAN EAST FIFE!!!

Dave,you have played NO part in our decline.That is due to one man and the rest of his cowardly board.

We,the real supporters,welcome you back with open arms.

I hope all the family is fine dave,thinking of you.I think you have been very dignified in your behaviour.You have made the right decision for the greater good.Respect.

Its very sad when someone has to give up living their dream because of someone else's pig-headedness & overinflated ego!
It's the Board's loss Dave! Derrick's time will come & perhaps then you can reclaim your place on the Board!

The family are all fine Graham thanks I hope yours is too.Nan and I are needing to get down to see your Mum and Dad ,I have been neglecting them.I,ll have more time on my hands now.

More time to join us protesting on saturday, I hope Dave!

well done DM you are indeed a very intelligent man whom deserves all the applause you recieved last night. Hold your head high and feel proud of what you have achieved. BROONY BROONY BROONY! OUT OUT OUT!

Dave - there's not much I can really add to what's already been said, apart from to say that my heart really went out to you last night.
I could tell there was a lump in your throat as you made the announcement and it was obvious that you were hurting.
To have realised what must have been a life-long ambition, then to be forced into a situation where you had no other option but to resign, must have been really hard for you.
If I were in a similar situation, would I have done the same? I'd like to think I would have, but to do what you did takes a hell of a lot of guts.
Well done Davie Marshall, you've always had my respect, and I know for certain you regained a lot of respect from certain people last night and made a lot of new friends into the bargain.

Althogh it was impossible to attend the meeting last night, Ihave read all the posts and comment on this matter and must take my hat off to Davie.
To realise the same dream that I carry, and then have to relnquish it must be heart wrenching.
But Davie must be admired for having the bravery to stand up and be counted.He can now return to the stand with his head held high.
Clubs at our level depend on the Davie Marshalls of this world. When the board members waken up and realise this then we may see progress.If not, I fear the worst for the club I love.