Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Brown attempts to gag the press

I'm quite angry about this...

Have posted message on this site:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?tno=780&fid=289&sty=2

I would strongly recommend that we let as many newspapers, websites, radio stations etc as possible know about this.

Re: Brown attempts to gag the press

TBH I hadnt realised they were banned - on what grounds were they banned seing as it was a public meeting?

Derrick felt it was a meeting for supporters only and no press should be admitted.

So I'm told.

See thread below. Stewart arrived at the same time as they were being asked to leave I think.

He could regret this methinks...

Did anyone have a tape recorder hidden

My immediate response to this was UNBELIEVABLE!

But then I remembered it was Derrick Brown who was involved.

TWAT!

Did anyone else notice the security guy sitting amongst the crowd last night? he apparently runs the security on saturdays. He sat there all night scanning the hall, and stayed behind at the end to speak to DB. also who was the twat standing at the back in the suite? ie. the only guy who got leave his phone on .

I thought Betty was Browns bouncer?

The guy who was sat at the back with his suit on is a supporter who had travelled to the meeting straight from his work.

Oh and by the way, I heard Brown say to James Campbell that it would not be fair on the supporters to let the press in.

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know )

Thanks Bouncer spotter for the compliment (twat at the back) Stange you failed to recognise me? I attend 80/90% of home and away games.

My compliments on your grammar “ie. the only guy who got leave his phone on” I had an excuse for being late and forced to stand at the rear of the hall, I HAVE A JOB!

Ha ha, just noticed Richy, where were you hiding the suite you had?

(Very sorry for being picky!)

Suit, Suite, I’m sure Bouncer new what he was trying to say?

For goodness sake
(I've got the hippy, hippy shakes)

Let's not go down the road of slagging us misinformed individuals who get it wrong! I hope we are all on the same side and sometimes we use language that leaves something to be desired. But let's face it this an open website and users can use what language they have at their disposal. Some of us do not have the vocabulary of the more enlightened but that does not make us less passionate about the fate of our club.

Also some of us open our mouths before our brain gets in gear and I am one who holds his hand up to that. Sometimes I post a reply before re-reading and correcting mistakes. All credit to Kerriann for admitting to taking so long to post her contributions recently. Many of us have also been there but some times we feel when we are all fired up we must post or maybe we will change our mind.

Should we keep our thoughts to ourselves and:

Curb our enthusiasm.

But mind you an Eugenie is most annoying as we are all prone to spelling mistakes.

It the scourge of modern times! You have only to read American novels. Not that many of us can read to a great extent.

See what I mean about openg my mouth or posting. Such a rant!

My point is we are all together in the objective of gettig rid of Brown. Let's not get in to negative in-fighting and nitpicking each other.

Intellectually challenged,

Totally agree, sorry if I have embarrassed Bouncer spotter in any way. I fully understand why he felt the need to call someone he did not recognise "a twat"”

End of my contribution on this matter!

But mind you an Eugenie is most annoying as we are all prone to spelling mistakes.

Och I know but it's the English teacher in me!

You two timing rat Eugene, who's this English teacher?