Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Willie watching

I recall Willie Gray saying something about the team along the lines of "there will be changes here, new people coming in, some you'll like and some you'll not".... can we read into this and assume that his pal Stevie Kirk will be making a return?

To be honest, I came away with a good impression of Willie Gray tonight. A straight talking, no nonsense guy. I think he has been mislead about a few things - the objectives of the trust, strings with the share application etc. Eugene's offer for the trust to meet with Willie Gray was a master stroke - divide and conquer!

Re: Willie watching

Agree with u regarding Willie Gray. I hope he sees our trust in a different light now. He obviously hates the Rovers trust, but i think he genuinely didn't know the truth regarding Efst. The money is there for the club with no strings and i hope after the next meeting, the club will accept the offer and accept the trusts money.
Db said last night that one of the reasons he refused to sell shares was that the club were in a such a financial position that £10'000 was not needed. Astounding statement.
The main problem with this shares debacle is the way it sounds, ie. The trust wants to buy shares in the club, that sounds to Db like we are trying to get a foot in the boardroom door. On the other hand, if he was to see it our way, such as. "Derek, here's £10'000, no strings but give us shares in return so our members can have a few shares each. Afterall 2000 shares is no threat in a total share issue of +- 160'000".
It depends on how you look at it.
Willie Gray came across as a straight talker and i was impressed with his down to earth attitude. However, he tried to inject a bit of humour at times and obviously didn't realise 'till later on in the meeting just how serious this situation is. He will be an asset to the club.

DON't TRUST GRAY,thats all Im saying

you are totally being sucked in by MR Gray, as I expected, as a Rovers fan I can see whats happening here. He hated the Rovers trust...why? all we wanted was security for the club...sound familiar?

I'm told he was laughing at the Anelka situation, yeah really funny...thats what he's capable of..and you fear Steve Kirk!?

Don't be fooled, oh no, do so at your own risk.

Or have you admitted defeat to Derrick Brown?

Speaking personally here, I am not fooled by Gray in the slightest, many Raith Rovers supporters have already warned me he is bad news, I have no reason to doubt them. I am focused on removing Brown but I certainly will not be looking at Gray as some kind of night in shining armour who has come forth to save us.

Be careful, that's all im saying!

I've got the feeling that, like a politician, he's saying anything that supports his bid for power.

I mean, what's the benefit to him of being involved in East Fife?

to be the 'big man', I have that on very good authority.

Having attended the meeting last night, I am amazed that Willie Gray hasent come in for the same amount of criticism as broon.
When he asked a trust member what the objectives of the trust were, every time the member tried to answer Gray used the bully-boy tactics of talking, no i mean SHOUTING, over him saying COME ON NOW DONT BEAT ABOUT THE BUSH TELL US WHAT YOU CAN DO. I'm amazed the trust member managed to keep cool.
Then Gray boomed out I DON'T LIKE TRUSTS.
The final straw for me was when he said that once East Fife were attracting big crowds to Bayview again there would be a lot less house-breaking in Methil because the locals would have something else to occupy them. Typical kirkcaldy attitude towards the local area. Is this REALLY the sort of person you want running effc?
Sorry, all I saw was a big fat mouthy TWAT sitting on the DICKtator's right.

To be fair, I think that was his attempt at banter and he did get a few chuckles.
Listen, I'm not at all convinced that Mr Gray has the ability to run a football club but he should be given the opportunity to express his views, and, as he also stated, he is here to listen and learn. Let's hope he means that.
Most importantly we should not allow this to distract us from the real problem right now...