Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Another diehard says enough is enough

Jim Beavers this time.
See his Black and Gold Forever messageboard on the Friends from the Wemyss website.

Re: Another diehard says enough is enough

I know he has stated that he won`t join us on the Mound and we have to respect his decision,but I would urge anyone else not attending Saturdays game to join the protests.

This is a terrible time for the Club,due to the current "Chairman" and his spineless Board. The real supporters are now showing great unity and will not lie down.

Brown,Hamilton,Mackay etc.....Be prepared.

Jim Beavers?

This is serious!

With guys like Jim Beavers and several other season ticket holders who told me they're not going back, this does add a whole new meaning to the protests. I know that EFFC have their money up front but to me it speaks volumes that they've paid for the product but still won't be associated with it whilst Derrick Brown is in charge.

I really am amzed that he sat through the meeting on Monday night listening to fan after fan speak out against the way he runs the club and conducts himself.

My understanding of the way he thinks is that as long as the handfull of shareholders back him then the 200 or so supporters who may gather to protest don't matter. I can't see the logic in that at all.

Also for a chairman to say on video that he is more of a supporter than all of us and refutes as total lies the fact that he was at Cowdenbeath for 3 years is bizarre. The facts may be he was at Cowdenbeath for 2 years or so but their was more than a grain of truth in what I said, certainly not a total lie.

Lets all hope he comes to his senses or his backers pull the rug from under him very soon so that we can get back to supporting our team.

Did you see the way he stormed out at the end though? He was close to tears. That man must be thinking about chucking it.
He's only got his wife backing him up front, that woman deserves a medal, God love her, she's running around behind him, setting up tables, making pots of day, locking the doors. Derrick, stand down now pal, appreciate your wife and let someone else run the club...