Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The 2 season Ticket holders.

A big thanks to the 2 guys who gave Broon their tickets,walked out and joined the protesters.
You guys showed guts...well done!

Also to the 3 Montrose supporters who joined us...much appreciated guys.

Re: The 2 season Ticket holders.

WELL DONE LADS! DID NOT NOTICE ANYONE FORKING THE PITCH AT HALF TIME. WONDER IF THERES A JOB GOING?

Aye Davie Hamilton and Kenny Mackay!! They'll dae forking anything for Derrick!!

After the guys left their season tickets on the ground in front of Noddy and Big Ears, the two 'supremos' sat there with their silly hats looking at the tickets and at each other for a good 20 mins before finally Noddy aka Willie Gray picked them up and put them in his pocket.

Also, Lord and Lady MacFarlane were there to witness the fun.

Big respect!
I used to sit near you a few years back. You were there every week. I never got to know your names to my great shame.
With supporters like yourselves, prepared to stand up and be counted, I'm convinced we can win this battle...

Angus,we WILL win this and we WILL return and continue supporting OUR team,the team that we have all supported since we were children and the team that our children will hopefully support.
East Fife Football Club is OUR club,a club steeped in history.
The tide is turning.....

To be honest,i made my mind up going along to the game today.Dykers mind was made up weeks ago.For me it was two reasons why i done it.The first was the Davie Marshall resignation.We all know the story so i'll no get into that one,but the second reason was Jim Beavers.Theres a guy,who along with others,went down Leven high street on a Sat morning,dishing out leaflets,trying to get people to go to the game.Where was Jim today?Watching telly.He had had enough.When you get guys like them,and other well known faces disapearing,well you sit up and take notice.When i looked around the mound today,i knew alot of faces.Angus F,wee Gorden,Gof,Kerrianns man,the wee guy who used to sell the pies up at old Bayview and Beavers jun to name a few.These guys have followed our club through thick un thin.If you totalled up the years they've supported the club it would be frightning.If you counted the amount of games they've all watched ,it would be STAGGERING!!!!Basiccally around 30% of the clubs "die hards".Our small feeble token today was nothing really compared to what others have done,doing and going to do.NOT GOING TO WATCH THERE FAV TEAM PLAYING!!!See you all on the mound next game lads.
P.S Hope your o.k Bob after your road accident.
At least this time in hospital,you c'ant blame my "fag reek" for it!!!
Get well soon pal!!!

enfifer
Just spoken to Bob.He is in good spirits although it is likely to be 5 to 6 months before he is fully fit again.Unfortunately the season is over for him.
Broken tibia and fibula.

As has been earlier said,much respect to both you and dyker for the action you took earlier.

Which Bob is it?
I know there are a few Fife fans called Bob but wasn't aware one of them had been in an accident. Speedy recovery whichever Bob you are.

Bob Moyes

I wondered why I didnt see Bob yesterday.That news has added to a bad week for me.Speedy recovery Bob.

Get well soon bob xxxxx

Best wishes from me as well Bob.

Bob does a lot of cycling - was that how the accident happened ?

Yes Allan-cycling in Dundee last Wednesday morning-car appeared from junction on to main road-sun in eyes of driver ,did not see Bob.
Rushed to hospital,2 and a hour operation-metal pin inserted in lower leg.Bob currently in ward 16 Ninewells Dundee.
I am visiting him on Tuesday and will pass on all your best wishes.

Get well soon Bob.I've had a few near misses whilst out cycling no accidents as yet though thankfully. Best wishes from Kerriann too.