Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gretna semi-final

who's up for goin to this game????

would be a nice gesture to BM if there was a few East Fife colours there

would also be supporting the last god like figure to wear a Fife top in King Kenny

and the chance of a day out in Glasgow

Re: Gretna semi-final

When is it ?.

I'm up for it. Let's get a bus and make it a Black and Gold fest.

I'm up for it, and it would be great if fans of other lower league clubs joined in the fun. A triumph for the underdog. We probably wont see the likes of this again in our lifetimes. I feel nothing but good will towards BM and Gretna.

The only pang of guilt I would feel, is that I've only been to 4 East Fife home games this season!

Save me a ticket. I'm in. For the final as well. Has Kenny scored in every round like Kirkie?

If it's Saturday the first we have Elgin at home, as great as seeing King Kenny in the semi's would be we have the small issue of a club to save. Hopefully it'll be Sunday the 2nd.

I'm up for the semi-final.

Kenny D fan club!

I am going to phone him this week Lonefifer, and had the same idea of taking a bus through. I will mention the fact that The East Fife Kenny Deuchar appreciation society will be coming to lend support.

Count me in too.

Is no-one else worried that east fife's proud record of being the only non top flight team to win the scottish cup could be under threat?

Maybe I'm just a bitter and twisted person

Yes, I'd prefer if it stayed intact.

Count me, Wilma and Graeme in.

If Gretna actually beat Hibs or Hearts (with at least 35000+fans each) in the final, then they will have DESERVED to steal our record. I dont think they will win the cup, but getting there is impressive enough.

Better get a double decker ordered then. Derrick will'nae mind if we gie 'im peace fur a week. At least we'll see the last East Fife great in action. DEUCHAR DEUCHAR gie us a wave DEUCHAR gie us a wave!!
Then we'll be back tae haunt the Barsteward the next home game!!! We hivnae forgotten aboot ye Derrick!! No way, the fight has just begun in earnest. A day out at Hampden'll gie us a wee break fae this contest wi' a political lightweight.

Not for me, hopefully will have a ticket for the jambos game against hibs.

I'll probably be up for that too.

Must try and get an interview with him before hand for the site too.

We should all wear our East Fife colours, take flags etc.

Let's face it, the way things are going not a lot to cheer about down Bayview way and not much chance of seeing the Fife in a semi!

Take some Brown out banners too. Would be better publicity than being on the mound for a day too.

I won't be supporting Gretna. It's hardly as if they have done any giant killing, they pay higher wages than most of the first division and probably some of the SPL.

By many accounts Deuchar has added a slightly nasty side to his game, which dissappoints me because he was nothing more than honest when he was at East Fife.

Dundee for me I think, used to go along to dens when I was younger (Dad took me on complimentaries).

Faraday are u son of Zak (complimentaries hehehe)

Gretna havent done much giantkilling but has Dundee?? How many times have Dundee beaten St Mirren, St Johnstone this season

The suggestion of goin to the semi-final was more in support of their chairman in thanks for him supporting us. Remember he is the one that has donated money to the Trust and the one that condemend Broon on Radio.

Re: Gretna semi-final...hows about this for a promise!!!

From Sportinglife.com

'Gretna striker Kenny Deuchar might be closing in on an Aston Martin but his dream remains to play at Hampden Park.

The former East Fife forward - who put his career as a doctor on hold to play professional football with the Bell's Second Division leaders - is expected to line up against either Hamilton Academical or Dundee in the Tennent's Scottish Cup semi-final.

The 25-year-old has been promised the luxury car by Gretna managing director Brooks Mileson if he scores the winning goal in the cup final.

Deuchar has already scored 17 times this season to help the club to the Division Two summit and the last four of the cup.

But he concedes playing at the national stadium will represent a completely different experience for him.

Deuchar said of the semi-final: "It would be nice to play it at Hampden Park. But, personally, I wouldn't be bothered where we played it.

"It is obviously a great chance for us to get to the final. I am not worried where we play it.

"I have played there before but only in front of around 500 people.

"So any more than that will be a great atmosphere."

Indeed, the Borders club could be playing European football next season if Hearts and Hibernian, who have been paired in the other semi, finish high enough in the Bank of Scotland Premier League.

A second-place end to the campaign for the Jambos will see them qualify for the Champions League, while the Easter Road club will receive a UEFA Cup place by finishing third in the table.

Gretna benefactor Mileson is refusing to look any further than the semi-final but concedes European football would not be a possibility at Raydale Park.

The multi-millionaire has vowed to build a new stadium to match his SPL aspirations for Gretna, who were only voted into the Scottish Football League in 2002.

But the club are on the verge of securing a second successive promotion and, after already defeating St Mirren, Clyde and St Johnstone of the First Division, clubs from the league above will hold no fear for manager Rowan Alexander and his team.

But Mileson admits any new stadium would not be built in time for a possible European tie next season.

He told BBC Scotland: "We are negotiating at the moment and I have another site I am looking at. I like to think we will start next year."'

have thought about what Igor was saying about the Elgin game and initially agreed that if the semi-final landed on a Saturday then I would be on the X-mound protesting.
However there is a bigger stage that we could take our protest to and thats the TV cameras at Hampden, although we have to be respectful of Gretna and not make this our only focus for the day, in fact no singing/shouting Brown Out, only banners and flags would be appropriate, would also be a polite gesture to inform Gretna that we would be doin this, never know might get a mention from Mr Mileson.

count me in.

Gof I have his mums phone number if you need it

there is no way I'll be going to watch a team that may take away our long standing record. highly unlikely anyway assuming they beat Dundee / Hamilton they will get slaughtered by the JTs in the final.good luck to KD obviously because of the past but we really need to concern ourselves about the state of our own club. it is in a right mess at the moment.

Aye right! We'd take you seriously if you had a different username pal.
Hope the Hibees cuff you.
In the meantime we'll cheer on the Deucharman and Mr Mileson thank you very much.

I'm with jam tart on this one, come on the Jambos!

Im with Jam Tart and Stewart K!!

C'mon the Hearts!!!

Total Fuds come on Jam-tarts, come on gretna come on whoever.

Stewart u prick how many hearts games u been to this season, a few thats for sure.

Why dont u just buy a fucking season ticket for them and be done with it...

Hearts are pish. Away the Hibees.

I dunno who you are "EFFC" seeing as you dont have the nerve to put your name to posts, but if I choose to go along to a Hearts match or two whilst EFFC have absolutely hee haw to play for I dont see that its any business of yours.

I am not a Hearts fan - I only go because my son likes them, but out of all the teams left in the cup I want them to win it more than the others, some others on here want Gretna to win, so what, its not like on the pitch we have much to talk about re East Fife right now.

Don't give a toss who wins as long as it's either hearts or hibs.keep our record intact.

Papa And Baby G, also interested!

stewart k , you are not a hearts fan ? but your son likes them ? so why on this site is there photos of you & your son as fifers abroad ? i have not seen you at bayview or any away games for months, do you support the protests ? if so where have you been ? or are you in fact a glory hunter . tell us your stance on the current situation . you seem to go to see the fife if they are winning but stay away when times are tough . what are you a fife fan or a fan of any team that wins ? i said months ago you were a rangers fan but they are shite just now . you seem to have jumped on the jambo bandwaggon . come on sk let us know now or will we see you next season when we are pushing for promotion .

I think it's a about time a new unwritten forum rule be made:

No personal attacks without identifying yourself!

Well "scottish cup" another anonymous poster.

For the record, seeing as you hide behind a non de plume how do we know how many games you have been to recently?

As for my son, Hearts is his "other" team, and for the record last season he actually received the Young Fifer trophy for being to more games than any other member of the Young Fifers - we were crap last season, hardly the actions of a glory hunter.

There are lots of posters on here dont go to bayview much anymore, so disillusioned are they with things, I seem to be getting pilloried because rather than stand on a mound, or sit in my house I go to see another game occasionally.

The last game I was at was at Home to East Stirling, seeing as you asked, if you want to know any more, have the nerve to ask me on saturday when I will be at Cowden, or are you as spineless as some EFFC directors.

Come on, you know who I am, why be a coward and hide behind made up names.

See you at Central Park

I still can't understand why you come on this east fife forum to praise other teams , while our team is so poor . you claim to be a fife fan/supporter but you go and pay to watch hearts ? why don't you either support our team/club or protest . your sons other team is hearts ? i don't understand this ? you must support east fife or hearts which is it? i am still in limbo what are you ? do you support brown or not? you have never said if you do or not , come on let us know , or are you another pretender to the throne ? let's see where you realy stand .

? ? ? ?

How many question marks can you fit into one post.

Going by the standrad of grammar in your posts, I reckon you still pay a childrens price at the gate so I will keep the answer brief.

I AM AN EAST FIFE SUPPORTER, MY SON ALSO LIKES HEARTS.

There, is that simple enough for your limited intellect.

There are some on here like other teams as well as East Fife, whether they be Scottish, English or whatever - why dont you have a go at them as well, or is it only me you want to have a go at.

As I posted earlier, I will be at Central Park on saturday, will you?. If so come up and ask me rather than hiding behind anonymous names.

Your standrad of grandma is not to hot ayther Stewart.

Are you sure about being at Central Park tomorrow, judging by the weather I doubt it very much!

On a day off today, its white in Leven right now.
Dunno what I will do if the game is off, where are Hearts this weekend

Game due to be played at Hampden on Saturday 1st April with a 12.15pm kick off.

Me and becky would like to go,who is going to sort out the bus

Will Dundee Utd follow us to Hampden? After all their trust got a wee windfall from the Gretna chairman too.

United against Dundee?? We shall see