Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Mr Brown and Cowdenbeath FC: the facts

As there seems to be some dispute over the role DB has played at Cowdenbeath - he's denied being there for "three years" - I've dug up some facts as to his presence there.

Facts
He was appointed a director of Cowdenbeath FC on 6 September 2000. Occupation listed as "unemployed".
He was at Central Park for 14 months. His appointment was terminated on 14 November 2001 At no stage is he listed as anything other than director and there is no
record of him having served as secretary at Cowdenbeath.

Speculation
In view of his then employment status it seems unlikely he was appointed because of the financial resources hew was bringing to the club. However in order to keep his positions with the Fife Football Association and thus the SFA he needed to be a director or offical of a Fife club. Apparently he was/is friendly with Gordon McDougal of Cowdenbeath and this may have been a wee favour being done to allow him to keep his positions.

Re: Mr Brown and Cowdenbeath FC: the facts

As derrick would says lies all lies,I was never at Cowdenbeath,and Im definitely not a friend of Gordon McDougal

i got the programmes to prove it - i am giving them to wee lee gilles on saturday so that u can shove them in his face. just make sure u get a video of it.

Oi! Beveridge!- you spelled my name wrong! GILLIES- (and before stewarts both say, i am no one for spelling names wrong, apologies!)

As I understand things, Danskin and Brown had a bust up over the blackmail situation (which ultimately led to his conviction). Danskin booted Brown from Smith and Grant, and East Fife. To enable JDB to continue as Secretary as Fife F.A., and a place on the SFA council he was required to be a director of a member club, hence the move (with Jim Stevenson) to Cowdenbeath.
Danskin withdrew East Fife from the Fife Cup during this period.

Anyone know thew real truth as to why Brown and Danskin fell out??

cause he widnae take it up the gary glitter!!

Seems to me that Derrick will go anywhere to be popular, but to be fair>>
He never has been a popular fella!1
TA Re