Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Was the game called off to hastily

Just a thought, certainly in Leven, whilst there is still snow lying, the ground underneath, certainly on my front lawn (admittedly not a statistically significant sample)is fine.

Were Cowden keen to call this off for some reason - back in the 70s if it was snowy they used to just clear the lines and play with an orange ball, why dont we see this anymore.

Re: Was the game called off to hastily

Maybe also have to take into account the state of the terracing and whether its safe.

The entire crowd would have fitted into the stand if that was necessary.

Maybe its colder in Cowden?

to hastily what Stewart?

yeah yeah, as I pressed the post button I noticed I had missed an o but was too late with the esc button to stop it.

Havent you got some housework or something you should be doing with your free afternoon

See ya monday?

Being the organised wifey that I am, that is all done and dusted (see what I did there?).

I'm off to make the tea for my husband and children now before doing the ironing and clipping my husband's toe nails.

I also hope you have his slippers warming in this cold weather - if not you will have to be reported to Anthea.

No doubt the ref also took into account the hell-hole that is Central Park, a pitch only fit for growing tatties in and the general feeling that who in their right mind would want to spend 2 hours of what is a very short life after all in Cowdenbeath.

Fucks sake just because your fucking front garden that is probably blessed in sun has thawed means that a fitbaw park 25 miles away will be ok - grow up ya stupid fuckin idiot

Golden Gordon, you are a sausage jockey

"Alan Ferguson"

Out for the weekend are you?

You're biting again Stewart.

If Cowden had been keen to get the game off they would have had it put off on Friday and not asked for the postponement to be delayed.
Every other lower league game was off FFS!

Was the game called off to hastily

Why dont we see this anymore

He stew where are the ???????????????????

Aha, its Scottish Cup, the fed up Celtic fan.

Yawn