Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dual membership/involvement in clubs

A couple of queries. I believe someone wrote to the SFA some time ago re Rankines involvement with EFFC through S Twigg. Is there any proof rather than speculation of his involvement with the Twigg family? Or is it a cover up by the SFA who may have bent the rules in this case?

Is there proof that DB was a director of Cowden while he held shares in EFFC? If so did he obtain permission from the SFA to hold that position? On what grounds was permission granted if it was? Another bending of the rules by the SFA to support its clique?

As you will gather this a not only get Brown diatribe but to get to the root of what is wrong with Scottish football. This has been brought about by listening to other clubs' fans and being concerned with the way football as a whole is going. We need to ensure the future of our clubs for posterity. Not all of us want to support the big teams like the Old Firm (did I just swear).

Think about it and do what you can to get rid of dinosaurs like Brown. Their time is up!

Join us on the mound to prove you feel passionate about your club and Scottish footbal

Re: Dual membership/involvement in clubs

While I agree with what your saying I'll take a raincheck on joining you on the mound.

What concerns me is that if we dig deeper then Brown and get involved with the inner workings of the SFA we could find that the whole system is corrupt which could end up with no one having a team to support

Anon you must suspect that the system is corrupt. Yet you are willing to do nothing. Who was it that said

"For evil to triumph it only needs good men to do nothing"

In the long run the regime is allowing football to be battered into submission for the sake of profit and if you do nothing you will not have a team to support anyway. At least not outside a few senior teams in Scotland. Maybe you already support one of these teams but are they not trying to gain access to the English premier. Which will be another drain of money from the Scottish game. They are willing to desert their fans and organisation who by their support have ultimately contributed to their success.

Maybe you also think that the mound protest will do no good. I admit it only small thing in the grand scheme of things but I and at present only a few others are willing to put ourselves in the firing line for our beliefs.

Personally I hope that this is the one of the first shots in the war to save not only EFFC but Scottish football!

Yes I do suspect the system is corrupt but corruption is everywhere and sometimes you have to quietly accept it though you dont have to like it.

Maybe it's better not to dig too deep, you're not going to change the world, I bet Deek wished he'd never ask the question about Rix.

Oh and by the way I believe the answer to your question re the quote is Edmund Burke though I could be wrong.

Good luck with your protests

Whoever if you'd like to get in touch I may be able to fill in some details.