Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife Bobby Stirrat

Hello,

Stumbled upon your website. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find out any info on a former East Fife player, Bob(by) Stirrat. He is my uncle and will be 70 in the very near future. Would anyone know if there are any books I could get that might refer to him. He played c1957-65 and had to retire due to a bad knee injury.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Stuart

Re: East Fife Bobby Stirrat

Can remember your uncle playing for East Fife back in the late fifties / early sixties. He played at right back ( my own preffered position ), which is probably why I was a fan. Remember him having a bad leg injury and was actually replaced by a lad local to me by the name of Davy Parker from Pittenweem, now living in Australia, who unfortunately suffered a leg break on his first team debut on the eve of a Scottish League Cup Quarter final tie against Rangers.

Jim Corstorphine will no doubt be on shortly to flog you a copy of his history of East Fife...

Hi Stuart
As predicted by Angus Fifer, here I am about to attempt a book sale!!!
Bob Stirrat actually appears in THREE team photos in my book 'On That Windswept Plain - the First 100 Years of East Fife Football Club'.
I couldn't remember if I mentioned him in the book, so I had a quick look through and, rather embarrasingly for me, it would appear that he doesn't. I have to say this is an oversight on my part as Bob Stirrat was a long serving player who made the right back position almost his own between 1957, when he signed from Whitburn, until the mid 1960's.
Details of the book can be seen on my web site at:
www.james-k-corstorphine.co.uk
where it can be bought on-line at a discounted price.
If you'd like me to look through my archives and put together some details of Bob's career with East Fife, please e-mail me via the e-mail link on the site.

Black and Gold All the Way with NINE mentions of Bob could come to the rescue.

Thanks to everyone for there posts. Jim, thanks for the info, I am sure that is the book Bob got when it came out but as you mentioned he didnt really get a mention. I will chase up the other lead though. Thanks again to all.

FAO Jim Beavers - Jim, do you know of anywhere I could obtain a copy of Black and Gold All the Way. It keeps coming up with tom tit about the Pittsburg Steelers when searching the net.

Will E-Mail you Stuart.

Stuart - if you'd like digital copies of the team photos in the book and a couple of others I have, send me your email address via the web site.

hi stuart if you contact billy mcphee at the bayview bar he will give you bob`s phone number . we contacted him to come to the legends day but he politely refused our invite.