Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
No excuse guys

No matter how you dress it up there are certain members of the Trust who have failed the Trust and East-Fife football club. I was under the impression that one of the aims of the Trust was to buy 2,000 shares, to enable them to possibly get a seat on the board and therefore to work also from the inside to the benefit of East-Fife football club and its supporters. Brown the chairman CLOWN made it known that he was opposed to this action and therefore did not allow 2,000 shares to be purchased - pulling the Trusts baby teeth before they had even started to grow. Yet the Trust membership failed to expel this bufoon even though he is opposed to the aims of the Trust. Various members have tried to dress it up with excuses that the Trust would have been worse of if he was expelled etc etc blah blah. The truth is that any would be members of the Trust will now be doubting the wisdom of joining if the Trust cannot even deal with someone who is opposed to the aims of the majority of the membership. You need strong leadership when dealing with the likes of Brown - and it is obviously not there - to many pussy footing around and sitting on the fence instead of making strong pro-active descisions - Brown wins again those who allowed it to happen should be ashamed - and when the club disappears they are the ones who will be the first to say - if only we had done this or if only we had done that - but it will all be to late. A VERY POOR DESCISION.

Re: No excuse guys

I quite often agree with some of your posts..But not this one.
If you aren`t a member of the Trust,then you are entitled to your opinion,but if you are a member,then you should have been there to vote.

What utter tripe.

If the club disappears its because we failed to expell Derrick from the Trust?

Mike, I have read your rants on here for some time but am unsure exactly what you do other than call people CLOWN & MUPPET.

Perhaps you can share with us your masterplan for achieving regime change, I really am curious.

Mike I share you're frustration but at least I did something about it. Did you?

I want Brown out of the club but I feel your opinions are driving a wedge between supporters of the trust who want him out but had there reasons for not supporting the motion and those who did support it.

I voted in support of the motion and was dissapointed that there were not so many proxies in support of the motion. However the case against Derrick was spot on, and Michael McColl put his case over well.

Too many members seemed to take the view that it would harm the trust even more if it had carried.

What is amusing is that Derrick pays his tenner a year to an organisation which he clearly detests,whereas he is costing the club hundreds of pounds a week through his refusal to budge. A double whammy methinks.

Now that along with many other things underlines the mentality of the man.

"You need strong leadership when dealing with the likes of Brown - and it is obviously not there - to many pussy footing around and sitting on the fence instead of making strong pro-active descisions "

... it's one of the drawbacks of democracy.

Mike. I previously called you a star but you have surpassed that level - you are a superstar. Anyone who voted in favour of the DB dismissal must be saying "I wish Mike had been here he would have made a difference". As for those who voted against it there was probably just a feeling of relief that you could not manage along.
Thanks Mike (if thats your name)you help to brighten up a winter evening.

To Sulk - I was a member of the Trust but did not renew because I personally felt the leadership was weak and subsequently have seen nothing to change my view.
To Stewart K I may call certain people CLOWN & MUPPET but is that any different from you stating that someones posting is "utter tripe"?
To Sick Parrot - my opinions will not drive a wedge between supporters and the Trust - the Trust will do that themselves. I personally believe the Trust is the future for the club but when they reiterate there aims and goals on behalf of there members they need to be strong enough to make it happen and not allow themselves to be manipulated.
As for I-10 - there is actually no such thing as democracy - democracy is defined as goverment by the people - people do not govern - representatives of the people govern - so strictly speaking there is no such thing as democracy anywhere in the world - its an illusion that our governing representatives place upon us.
And finally The Other Chairman - I aim to please - its a bit of fun and passes a bit of time.

Mike, all I did was ask what you do other than label people as CLOWN & MUPPET whilst ranting.

Guess you didnt answer that.

Mike - you are right on both accounts. If anyone takes
offence at most of what is written then they are taking life a bit too seriously.

Who is the bigger tit, the Trust for continuing to take Browns money or Brown for handing it over?

Did Brown pay the £100 life membership is that why he hasnt been expelled?

Or is it best to keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

You Decide!!!!!!!!!

It matters not a jot. Derrick Brown is in the same lonely corner as he was this time last week.
Sooner or later he will face the consequences of his actions. Eugene's analogy of waiting for the dead body of your enemy to come floating past is only partly correct, in my opinion.
We need to keep up the pressure.
Victory will be ours...