Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife chairman retains trust position (The Courier)

EAST FIFE fans have voted to keep beleaguered chairman Derrick Brown as a member of the club’s supporters’ trust.

The trust called an extraordinary general meeting on Thursday to discuss the position of Mr Brown after member Michael McColl urged members to remove him from the group.

However, Mr Brown’s opponents failed to win the two-thirds majority needed to end his continued membership, with 23 out of 45 representatives voting to take him off the trust.

At the meeting, a number of topics were discussed but there was disagreement over whether or not it would be in the best interests of the trust to take action against an individual member.

Central Fife MSP Christine May, who is a trust member, agreed that whatever decision was made should reflect the longer-term interests of the group.

Thirty-five people were present at the meeting, with a further 10 proxy votes accepted.

A total of 20 members, plus three proxy votes, were in favour of removing Brown, with the rest in favour of the status quo.

Chairman Allan Duthie said, “It’s a democratic decision—that’s the nature of the trust and it represents the views of the members.”

Re: East Fife chairman retains trust position (The Courier)

Unfortunatly with the Trust's latest descision re Brown and the leadership's fate acompli acceptance of the result - I doubt it will encourage further membership or further outside support. I believe the Trust is the only future for the club but it needs to show leadership qualities instead of just going through the motions and allowing themselves to be manipulated by the status quo. By allowing Brown to continue his membership its the Trust reputation that has been damaged - only Brown will be gloating over the result.

"allowing themselves to be manipulated by the status quo"

This is a curious and somewhat syntactically mangled way of referring to a democratic vote.

The fact is Mike that the Trust has rules about how it makes decisions and as in any democracy this sometimes can result in decisions that some members don't like.

I don't think it's useful for opponents of a particular decision to keep going over old ground. As has been said before if members don't like how things are going all they need do is democratically throw the current board out and get replacements in. Easy - but not of course in your case as I seem to recollect you're not a Trust member.

yet again "Mike" criticises without offering an alternative.

If you are so convinced Mike, that you have the answer to everything, rejoin the Trust and stand for election to the board.

But then thats not your style, snipe from the sideline whilst doing absolutely nothing yourself is more your style.

Well its obvious you two ensured your vote kept Brown in the Trust - so pray tell me how has this descision helped the Trust?

This has been covered elsewhere Mike.

But of course you don't really want an answer as you've no intention of paying any attention to it anyway.

You will remain the constant moan irresepctive what I or anyone else writes and quite right too - it brightens my day!

If it has been covered elsewhere I must have missed it - so could someone please enlighten me - How has Brown not being voted out of the Trust helped the Trust?

Mike.
A simple question.

What have YOU done to help to get rid of Derrick Brown?

and it would help how Mike? I understand that not everyone could attend on Thursday but there was a reason that proxy forms were invented. If more people had used them rather than not attending then maybe what you wanted to happen, would have.

That's what a democracy is all about. It does not however, spell the end of EFFC just coz he's no been kicked out. He is also the same as every other member in the sense that it's one member, one vote. He will never control the trust or its board due to that very fact. I have read the constitution of the trust and you have said that leadership should be shown. The trust board did what they should have done as directed by a trust member and the democratic vote did not kick broony oot.

What about trying again? Get the 20 signatures needed for another egm and canvas enough support from fellow members to make sure that this time he goes. OR just wait until he is removed as chairman of EFFC then I'm sure he won't rejoin when the subs are due.

I would prefer that the trust carry on as they are doing and not get sidetracked by that little twat. I would like them to make sure that when he goes they are in a position to make the trust attractive to a new club board and be ready to do what they should be doing i.e. helping the club.

Powerstation Pete - what have you done to get rid of Brown?
And to Another Trust member - my point is quite simple - If I were someone interested in joining the Trust and been following the progress and action - ie The Trust wishing to purchase 2,000 shares - EF chairman says no - eventually backs down and allows the Trust to purchase 1,000 - and says he may allow them another 1,000 at some later date - then attacks the Trust and refuses to allow them to purchase the second 1,000 shares - and his membership is not rescinded from the Trust - would I wish to be a member of the Trust on this evidence?. I have said before the Trust is the future of East-Fife but it needs to become more pro-active - if it is going to apparently pay lip service to those who appear intent on the clubs demise then we will surely end up with no club to follow.

Mike

Participated in protests
Active member of the trust
Challenged Mr Brown personally
Written to the press about the current situation

Whereas Mike er.....

I know, he moans a lot on a messageboard.

I am sure that when DB eventually leaves the chair of EFFC, he will put his demise down to Mike, that bloke who always called him names on the aftn messageboard.

More interesting points Mike zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Whoa must have dropped off there.

I was pissed off at the way the vote went on Thursday, but the difference is I voted for the motion and accepted that the democratic process was followed and the motion defeated like it or not that's the way it went.

Any chance of changing that very worn old record you keep playing now?

Down with Brown.

Mike Probably the one thing in Browns favour is his full name is always attached to his 'rantings' Wheras you are a semi anonymous moan. Why criticise a democratic structure when you haven't the courage to join and make changes as a member. Probably easier for you to be a 'whinger'on a message board than someone who actually does anything constructive

Well M Black like the school yard bully its easier to gang up on an individual who does not agree with your point of view - and as for democracy - in the strict sense of the word there is no such thing.

So Mike, following Powerstation Petes question to you, what HAVE you done.

I guess nothing apart from whingeing on here.

Please enlighten us, or are you going to hide behind labelling people as bullies again

Mike - Why don't you answer Powerstation Pete's question! What have you done to help us remove Brown? Apart from calling him CLOWN which I don't think will change a thing.

Personally speaking I think your a fud!

Looks like ALL the gang members are gathering - you really make this to easy - why dont you concentrate on the real issue - 1) Making the Trust stronger and more pro-active 2) Getting rid of Brown - or is it so much easier attacking the individual - I am reminded of the fact that if I wish to have an intelligent conversation I only have myself to speak to at the moment.

Hobbes, they're picking on me. They're asking me a question that I am not answering even though I asked someone else the same one.

IT'S NOT FAIR. WAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Well Mike if you don't like what yo read why not just fuck off and don't post.

We are sick to death of your posts on here. You constantly repeat yourself and if you are challenged you claim we are bullies and make it 'too simple'.

When asked what is the be best way of removing Brown you dodge the question! C'mon Mike you seem to think you know it all well please share we need the answers!

So confirmation then, other than whingeing on here, Mike does hee haw.

Mind you, many of us have suspected it for some time.

Mike, the man of no action.

Mike - this intelligence you go on about - could you demonstrate it please, rather than just claim it?

Why keep on at Mike. He seems to get more stick than DB. He really must be an evil B..d. Yet he only says what other people are saying and admittedly he repeats it as often as he feels necessary. Just like many others. He may do nothing else but vent his feelings on the forum. Is that such a great offence! I am sure others do the same. Not all are cut out to take action. In fact some who on the face of it want Brown out seem to take the opposite action re trust vote.

This conflict of views is part of the great debate on democracy which many are raving about. Why then villify one who is using his democratic right to express his views. Instead of attacking we should be supporting. Just state plainly the answer to his question on why there would be less negative publicity and damage to the trust by not voting Brown out?

I must admit I do find it disquieting that those on the trust with holier than thou attitudes feel it necessary to attack so vehemently someone who disagrees with their view. If that is democracy count me out. Remember the trust was set up not just for its members but also all supporters and the community. So why are you actively defeating your own reason for existence by attacking those you were created to support.

As for you Mike, calm down and don't rise to the bait. Maybe less colourful language will bolster your arguements. We at least know what you stand for and please feel free to express this as often as you like hopefully with some constructive ideas as how we will obtain our objectives.

The next constructive idea from Mike will be his first one.

As for why some of us voted the way we did, that has already been explained.

The Trust was set up for supporters and the community but it is guided by the membership. End of. If someone doesn't agree with it and they are not a member then they can hardly bleat about a decision they didn't like can they. That is what democracy is about and count me in. You gotta be in it to win it and all that so if you're not, don't sit there saying 'well, i'm glad i didn't join now'. Who knows, another one member could have made the difference. Maybe they could have canvassed more support for the motion. Who knows.

I voted to get rid of broony and was disapoointed at the result but accept the democratic decision not to do so. My only regret is that I left to the person putting the motion forward instead of securing my own proxies but that's my fault not the trust boards isn't it.

If Mike hasn't done anything positive to rid the club of brown then so be it but why attack other people who chose not to kick him out of a trust? He then claims he is being bullied because folk want him to answer a question he asked others. That's not bullying that's discussion.

"So why are you actively defeating your own reason for existence by attacking those you were created to support."

The trust is not attacking anyone.

What I write here are personal views and are not representative of any organisation I am a member of.

I-10 how can I demonstrate my intelligence in such a way that you would understand??????

Well, tell us your wondeful ideas Mike, after all you set yourself up as some super duper clever guy

"I am reminded of the fact that if I wish to have an intelligent conversation I only have myself to speak to at the moment"

"may I suggest you obtain a brain transplant with an ameboea to try and improve your IQ."

Added to this your oft proclaimed "you really make this too easy" nonsense

Nobody else on here makes claims of some higher intelligence than others, only you, so why not tell us your great idea for getting rid of Brown and driving EFFC forward.

Trust Member - I refer you to my previous post.

So Mike, you have absolutely NOTHING constructive to offer as evidence of your self proclaimed intelligence.

Touch of self delusion there.

Always thought you were all hot air, basically you have now admitted it, no ideas, no action.

Now Now stop berating Mike the action man.
Do empty vessels still make the most noise Mike?

Mike you are being a frightful bore!

Good to see your support for the protest march though.