Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Supporters Club "Player Of The Year Dance"

This years POY dance will be held on Saturday 22nd April in Buckhaven Community Centre at 7.30pm.
Tickets (£10 including buffet) are now on sale and available from D. Robertson, D.Marshall or B.Duff.
Last years was a great success so come along and show the PLAYERS your support.
For more details contact any of the above officials or E-mail sec_eastfifesc@msn.com
The supporters club are also selling the annual quiz sheet, anyone who could help by selling some sheets to workmates,friends or family etc please contact me. Your help would be appreciated.
The poll for the player of the year and young player of the year is now being held, voting papers for all supporters club members are available in the lounge before and after home games or contact me at above E-mail address.

Re: Supporters Club "Player Of The Year Dance"

We need to get this thread back to the top.
There has been a lot going on and our annual dance is in danger of being forgotten.Let,s make sure this doesn,t happen.We will have a great night as we always do. TICKETS ON SALE from people above.

Who is the band this year?

A band now called MASON,used to be MADISON,very good I believe.Bryan will let you know if I have the name wrong.

Marilyn MASON

the band is "MASON" they played at R***h R****s dance last year and are booked to do it again this year (after ours of course)

Is the supporters club handing over their funds to the jdb this year?
I shall wait for the answer before i buy a ticket.

I got told tonight that the supporters club will NOT be handing over any monies to db at the end of the season, better get my ticket now

Glensfifer

Is this minuted?
I really want to go to this.
Who is running the bar?
Will the bar profits go the football club?

All i know Mike is NO monies will be handed over to db, that includes the bar.

Stick my name down for 2 tickets

If DB or his lackies attend this dance, will tney expect the Supporters Club to pay for security as seems to be the norm for them now??

Thought db got a letter askin him no ti go bit him hayin a brass neck will go onywhy.

Well why invite him in the first place??

Question

Can the player of the year dance?

Shouldn't this be held in the lounge at Bayview? Why are the fans spending money, which by right belongs to the club, in alternative premises? :tongueincheekicon

(Yes, I know it's manifestly unsuitable for the purpose - but then so is DB and he's still there LOL)

I dont think anyone from the club will be attending except Leona

Tickets on sale tomorrow.

Will Mr Savage be attending?

Spoke to the officials of the Supporters Club on the Mound yesterday afternoon and received assurances from them that absolutely no monies will be going to the Club.

I have therefore bought my tickets for the evening of the 22nd April. That's, as usual, the day of the last home game of the season.

I understand that the players are all coming and looking forward to it. I see it as my opportunity to thank the playing staff for their commitment to EFFC under an extremely trying season.

It would be great if we had a massive turnout from all supporters and friends, no matter what view of the current situation they take.

Tickets from Davie Marshall and the rest of the SC committee.

Sorry to pour cold water on it Michael, but there is no guarantee that money won't be haded over or that Derrick and his spineless chums won't be there.

As for the players looking forward to it, that's total nonsense, you will be lucky if ANY players are there. In fact if the POTY Dance goes ahead I will be very surprised.

Why would any fans or players want to go the dance after this disastrous season is beyond me. I support the team and like a night out but in the current climate The POTY Dance will not be that night out.

EF Supporter

Can you email me as I am concerned that a source of impeccable integrity has been lied to by others. I would not wish his reputation to be sullied.

Been told (by a good source)that so far NO directors have bought tickets for the dance& most of the players have indicated they WILL be at the dance.
The players that were at last years all had a great night and are looking foreward to it again this year.
The only doubt about the dance is the lack of tickets sold. UNLESS THE S.C. START SELLING TICKETS FAST it WILL be called off. The protests are about the so-called board NOT THE players.
I can just see the smirk on broons face if the dance gets called off if he thinks that the fans and players cant arange a nite out without him.
"THIS IS THE PLAYERS AND FANS NITE OUT"
"AM LOOKIN FOREWARD TI A NITE OOT WI THE PLAYERS ON THE 22ND"
and
"LOOKIN FOREWORD TI GITTIN BROON OOT EVEN QUICKER
Dave ive got my 2 tickets but might need 2 more (will phone you if i do)

P.S Derick......................shut the door on yir wiy oot

It's fair enough that SO FAR the directors haven't bought tickets but what about if they ASK for tickets? Will their entrance to the dance be refused ?

It would make my nite if broon walked through the door,see who could hit him first with a bottle!

The Supporters Club Committee members can only give comfort to your fears about our POTY Dance so many times.No monies will be paid to anyone or tickets sold to anyone unacceptible to the supporters.It cannot be put plainer than that folks.The only danger to the dance is supporters not buying tickets.There is to be a Supporters Club meeting on Thursday 6th April @7.30 so come along and have your say and buy your tickets.
The Dance has tended to be missed by the fans with all that has been going on, let,s focus on it now.

Davie

2 more tickets for me please.
Still time for voting for player/young player of the year?
My and Graeme's SC subs will be paid next time I see you!
Will you guys consider moving the venue for ordinary meetings?

Davie

Get the SC meeting venue changed asap or all is lost!

Meeting will now be held in the Bayview Bar.See Bryan,s new post

Tickets will be on sale at East Stirling tomorrow and until they sell out.
An enjoyable evening will be had by all especially if YOU are there.

Dave - I haven't managed to get tickets yet - require two - are there any left?????

Yes,Jim

Dave
Could you keep 4 tickets for me until Saturday, will confirm then if its 3 or 4 I actually need. Teenagers! Can't get them to make up their minds! God help us when it comes to "what can I wear?" I would have got a cuff round the ear & told "Yir no gaun & thats final!" "No in that frock anyway!!!"

Dave,could you keep me one ticket.I would have asked for more,but I`ve no pals!

Both done.

Good to see there is some support for the POY Dance. Bryan has put a hell of a lot of work into it. It is the only chance a lot of you will get to talk to the players and let them see that you do support them. Please do this by making it a good night. Show everybody that come hell or high water this is for the players and supporters.

This is a couple of serious questions and I don't want it to be taken by anyone that I'm stirring.................
what if the board of directors came to the SC meeting (as they are known to do) and asked to get tickets for the dance? What would be done/said? And what has been done about not handing over cash to the club? Has there been a vote that was minuted?

As I say, serious questions, not shit stirring.

Dave - it's unlikely that I'll see you at an East Fife game before the dance. Would you like me to drop in to your house to pay for the tickets, or would it be OK to pay on the night?

Jim
Pay on the night will be fine.

Dave
I would like three tickets if still avalaible, can pay you at the match on Saturday.

Ritchie
3 tickets are saved for you.

Still one or two tickets left but going fast.Get your,s now!!!
The trophies this year are being sponsored by Real Communication Limited of Dundee.
Thank you very much.

Dave

Keep another 4 tickets please.
John Barclay and wife, Jim Stevenson and wife.

Speaking to the players last week and almost ALL have accepted the supporters club invitation to attend the dance with only a few who can't attend due to other commitments. Tickets are going fast so anyone still needing tickets better hurry. Contact
sec_eastfifesc@msn.com
Or see D.Marshall D.Robertson or B.Duff for tickets

Great to see sponsorship from corporates.

Mike
Done

Just collected the trophies for POTY and young POTY kindly sponsored by Real Communication Ltd
Everything is now arranged for Saturday.We can possibly squeeze in another dozen or so fans if any one else wants to go.
Bryan Duff has put a lot of hard work into making the evening possible.All we need to do is turn up and make it another great success.

Back again just to let you know that the Buffet is being supplied by Scott and will be at 8pm ish