Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Big March 18 / 3 / 06

Assemble at the East Fife Mail office in North Street, Leven at 1.30pm for a 1.45pm (sharp) descent through the High Street, across the bridge and down to Bayview to make our feelings heard - loud and clear.

We want Derrick Brown out NOW

We will be led by Methil district pipe band, bring yourself, bring your friends, bring your familly, bring your dog. Wear your colours, scarfs, shirts, bring banners, flags, plackards, lets make a real go of this and finish this cowering wee shite off!

Re: The Big March 18 / 3 / 06

Methil district pipe band, in return for their services will be paid by donations from the supporters. The mound massive have already raised £115, if you can contribute anything at all then we would greatly appreciate it. Email boycott_brown@yahoo.co.uk if you wish to make a pledge (from a pound to twenty quid, it all helps!)

Just to add the East Fife mail office is in Mitchell Street Leven around the corner from the Caley Hotel

Since the march is starting next to a local boozer,it might be a good idea to meet in the pub for a few pints beforehand!

Also, GoF could you stick this please

You will probably find us in the Caley enjoying a couple of pints and a natter before the march starts.

I'll see you guys in the Caley from 1PM.

There may be an unusually dressed character making an appearance.
Seriously folks, this is the big one. Anyone who claims to want the best for East Fife FC should bust a gut and join us.

Igor,

As one of the 247 today can I suggest once again that you promote the principle of protesting within the ground? I am sick of the hearing around the ground that “if only the protest was in the ground I would support the cause” I appreciate that some mound protesters may have a view that “we” the supporters that choose to attend the games are not as committed to removing Derek Brown! (Believe me I hear the comments week after week). I firmly believe that if you the “core supporters “enter the ground during games you WILL gain support within!

Your comments please

Personally speaking I do not want to hand over any money to Derrick, and most, if not all of the mound massive feel the same way, however we need to unite to defeat Brown so I am very interested to hear your views, opinions and suggestions, perhaps we could have a chat on Thursday?

Well speaking for my self,i only heard one voice shouting against Brown inside the ground today.I like EVERY SINGLE PERSON on the mound today would love to be sitting,standing in the ground to support the team.Maybe at the next home game,5-10 mins from the end,you guys who claim to be unhappy at the events surrounding East Fife f.c,go and stand at the front of the boardings to show Brown your discontent at his leadership.I know it would be well apprecated from the guys on the mound.

Unfortunately I will be unavailable on Thursday as I work in the south Monday to Friday, however without sounding as if this is a cop out; I made my views as a general observation from inside the ground on match days. Keep up the good work and hopefully my observation can assist in the way forward for the removal of Derek Brown?

Cheers

I did attend games for long enough thinking the same way as you, protest on the inside, however as Derrick refused cash for shares from the trust, I have decided to refuse to give cash to the club he is presiding over.

The level of support within the ground has surpassed the level required to sustain the club. If East Fife was a car on the road, you'd be desperately looking for a petrol station to keep running.

Derrick can change this situation right now by resigning, but he chooses to do it the hard way.One man against many supporters will lose in the end, that is inevitable. If only his backers came to their senses, for they cannot be as blinkered as he.

Join the protest march next Saturday, it is a Down with Brown march whther you will be attending the game or on the mound please join in.

Derrick is running on empty with no petrol station in site. His time is coming to an end.

I would urge everyone with an interest in East Fifes future to join the march next week.

Down with Brown.

Although I wasn`t there today due to illness,I will be at the march and will be doing my utmost to try and persaude the stay aways to join us.

I`m proud to stand on the mound and will be proud to join the march on the 18th.

We will win.

See you in the caley - Booze, Bagpipes & Boycott - what an afternoon!

The march is a great idea and one huge advantage is that it will unite all supporters of the cause whether they prefer to be ground or mound bound, or neither, during the 90 minutes!

I will be there.

Will the march be advertised/mentioned in the press this week? We need all EF supporters who urge change to attend on Saturday.
I also feel some form of petition would be a good idea to show the major shareholder, if the falling crowds have not done so already, how many of the EF support has no confidence in the present board and DB in particular. If we could get some local business men on board who would openly state they would invest in the club either through shares or sponsorship and match with us this could give an added oomph to our efforts.
DB's pig headedness at ignoring the truth that stares him in the face only make my resolve stronger to get him out of a position where he is clearly out of his depth.
Lookin forward to a few bevvies and some pipes.
Black and gold not Brown.

I would love to the attend the march but alas, yet again I have other duties on a saturday. Next weekend I've been roped into teaching kids how to make geological maps in the field, I'm not even a geologist

Hope it all goes well

Igor can you email me

Done Kenny.

I've just started rattling through some of the national media trying to get as much publicity as pos next week, I hope the snow is all gone by then, Derrick seems to have the weather on his side dosent he.

I probably wont make it due to work, (I'll try) but I'd be interested to know how the march will end. Is there going to be some sort of speech, ritual effegy burning or something, or will it simply fizzle out and everyone go home? The end of the march is more important than the start, because that's what people will remember. And the press will be watching.

Is there a plan, other than following a pipe band to Bayview? Will there be stewards? And have the police been informed?

Not wishing to piss on anyone's fire, but have all eventualities been covered? I really hope it goes well, that's why I'm asking.

Igor were can I get a large banner

Yellow and black umbrellas, same style as above but dunlop, can be bought from Sports Soccer (http://corp.sports-world.com/index.htm - not available online) i think it would look great if there were as many as possible, providing it was raining of course otherwise we'd look stupid! They are about £2.50 and brilliant quality, they dont reverse in the wind and i've been using mine all winter. I get some weird looks from the locals though because it isn't green or blue (stay in O#$ F#$@ territory) i will have a look again to see if they have any left in the colours, got to admit who wouldn't want one that colour!

If you want me to get you one give me a shout, i plan to be back in Fife this weekend!

ps. i don't work for them by the way!

Do the Stenny fans know of your plans? I was wondering what kind of input they might have.

Kenny,

bedsheets and spray paint?

I am in India and will miss the march. My heart is with you all.

http://www.fifenow.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=1014&ArticleID=1384794

PROTESTORS TAKE TO THE STREETS
DISSENTING fans will march on Bayview this weekend as they step up their bid to have East Fife chairman Derrick Brown ousted.
DISSENTING fans will march on Bayview this weekend as they step up their bid to have East Fife chairman Derrick Brown ousted.
Organisers hope 200 fans may join the protest which will see the supporters piped from Mitchell Street to the stadium.
And even adverse weather is unlikely to dampen the proceedings.
Protestor Matthew McLean said: "We are hoping for a couple of hundred at the march.
"The game might be in doubt because of the weather but even if it's called off we will press on with the march."
Matthew hopes to appeal to shareholders and encourage them to ditch their backing for Mr Brown.
He explained: "We want to show what feeling there is over this.
"We are trying to appeal to the major shareholders to tell them this is how the fans feel.
"We want to work with the club but we need Derrick Brown out. As soon as he is removed, the fans will be back."
The event's high profile could also draw attention to the club as a whole.
Matthew explained: "We hope maybe this will spark a wee bit of interest in the club again.
"If people can see we are working towards something, then hopefully others will come back to the club."
But the atmosphere won't be hostile, according to Matthew, who hopes to attract young and old alike.
He said: "I hope this isn't going to be an angry protest.
"Certainly, we are angry at what Derrick Brown has done but we only want to show how much we care for the club.
"I hope it's an event where people can bring kids along."
Many supporters have become disillusioned at the way their club is being run and believe Mr Brown is at the heart of the problem.
Some feel the club has low ambitions and is making no progress. They also feel the club is not listening to supporters.
Fans have already boycotted the last few home games and staged protests outside the ground.
Mr Brown is no stranger to controversy and has been involved in a high profile wrangle with the Supporters' Trust over shares.
In December's annual general meeting shareholders voted against allowing the Trust to purchase more shares in the club - reneging on an agreement to sell a further 1000 shares to the organisation.
Around the same time Mr Brown also delivered a strong riposte to Trust criticisms over how the club was run.
Fans have also been frustrated by the club's failure to back former manager Jim Moffat with more cash for players.
Despite being debt-free, Mr Brown insists only money from gate receipts will be used to strengthen the squad.
The protest will begin in Mitchell Street and make its way through Leven High Street and along to Bayview, headed by the Methil and District pipe band.
Mr Brown was unavailable for comment as the Mail went to press.
15 March 2006

Can't make it as I will be in Rome this weekend on international duty so all the best for Saturday. I might wear my EF top at Roma vs. Messina on Sunday but I'd better check out Messina's colours first.

Exile-

Messina's colours,

White shirts with red/yellow trim, black shorts

Away - red and yellow shirts and shorts.

So you should be OK! Wear the colours with pride

FAO all protesters; The protest march will have stewards and the police will also be marching up to Bayview with us,the march has also been givin the go ahead from Fife council.

.....AND PIES!

What!! the police marching with us. Christ Greigs the Bakers will be empty

Coverage of march in todays "Courier" P6.

Add my name to the list of protesters. Been trying all week to get my shift covered and finally manged today. See you all tommorow.

Black and Gold NOT Brown.

See you in the Caley mate. Top EF fan...

Sadly I won't be there tommorrow for what I'm sure will be a proud momeent in the history of East Fife.

As the protest continues, and gathers stength I sense a common bound is developing between supporters. It is this bond and strength that will see us through.

Good luck all - this is our club.

stevie it is not there

All the best with the protest. Would have joined it but can't miss our home game - my last of the season

Good luck 2day keep it clean and do us proud can't be with you all today but will see everything that is going on.Hope the weather keeps fine for you all.

Just heading off now to the march with my dog Fifer.

Power to the people.

i attented the march 2day and it was something else proud 2 be apart of the future

I believe there was a plug for the march on Off The Ball, but there's a blip on the Lishen Again feature (~17mins) so some of it gets cut off - I'm told that Tam makes a joke that the if it's the Methil people, the instruments will be old bits of scrap pipe or that the band will be lynched and their instruments sold for scrap, nevertheless there is a good plug about getting Brown out of East Fife and the SFA at the end.

Did anyone hear this?

Gregor

Thanks for the umbrella and your gesture to provide funds for the fighting fund.
Can't be easy on a student grant.
Do you still get student grants?
Thanks anyway.

Jilted John

Good seeing you (and yor banner)again.
Lossie to Methil and back in the same day.
Respect.

Cheers michael, was good to see you all again.

Fantastic turnout and brilliantly organised, wouldn't have missed it for the world!

Black and Gold NOT Brown!

P.S Angus Fifer- FANTASTIC.

I sent Tam Cowan a e-mail last week begging him to say something on air havent heard it yet but what else did we expect?
Anyway its still publicity and all that.
Was A great march today and result, the mound was buzzing today ,was great to see so many fans.
Well done one and all!!!!
highlight of the day a chicken with a weel barrow