Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Support the players

I'm aware of the problems as regards the chairman but please give the players some support. They are still training, playing, doing their best with two victories behind them.Greg Shaw must be given support.The issue of the chairman is obscuring everything.

Re: Support the players

We are supporting them.

Absolutely. The next away game that will be evident once again...

At home games the players dont really get much support even when there was no protest! Any encouragement is drowned out by the grumbling of others who constantly get on players backs.

I'm sure the players and Shaw understand our frustrations afterall most of them probably read this site.

The players got our full backing at Arbroath, and we will sing loud and proud in support of our players at Berwick!

The players should always and have always had the support of 99.9% of the fans apart from one or two old gits whose main role seems to be to come to a match pick a player and moan and whinge about him throughout the game - and throughout a season.

On that point i agree Mike, the players should always have 100% support, but, it is only human nature to get upset and start grumbling, as long as it is short lived! Afterall, passion shows itself in mysterious ways!!

It is not only old gits moaning as there a few young gits around as well. But that has been a part of football as far as I can remember.

I have spoken to certain players and told them that everyone on the mound supports them and the only the only reason we are protesting is to get rid of brown and the players all know that and that are backing us and only wish we were back in the ground