Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ian Campbell

After his departure from Brechin at the weekend, do you think he'd consider the EFFC job?

Re: Ian Campbell

No. He's too young and has so much to live for.

bert paton has left brechin as well,i would take him as boss.

Having spoke to him once before about East Fife, I somehow don't think he will become our manager.

The manager thing has dragged on long enough. If I were in Greg shaw's position I'd want to know what was going on, and if I thought I was being strung along I'd walk!

I think it is sensible to take a long time to look over prospective managers, after all the applicants who are interested will be watching the games, assessing strengths, weaknessess and potential signing targets and creating primary aims and objectives. This way we will know if the chosen man is dedicated to the cause. You may say that the earlier the manager becomes involved with the club the better, but as with the Brown campaign we are looking for long term results here not short term goals!

As far as Greg Shaw is concerned I doubt that he will consider himself to be being strung along, if he is in the right frame of mind he will be taking the opportunity to demonstrate his capabilities and staking claim to the job more than others who may have experience already. If in fact the board are considering a more experienced individual for the job and they cannot be swayed by Greg's success then he would hopefully be relishing this experience to develop professionally and the opportunity to put his name in the picture for other jobs he may be the right candidate for.

Also, this time will allow the players to get rid of any ill feeling they had while Jim Moffat was in charge, I for one have had jobs with really crap bosses (no offence intended towards Jim Moffat here) and know that I still treated new managers with the same attitude and approach just out of habit because that is how I had to survive; only to discover that the new management was a completely different breed! (this comment purely 'on the pitch' based - does not take into account present club management as they are yet to be kicked out)